Match,Tour & Competition Experiences

Mubashwer

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
Bangladesh
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Just played my first post interim patch 4 game. Bowling was enjoyable with fielding preset bug fixed, edges and fast throws. I managed lots of edges (took 4 wickets on edges) despite the fact that I bowl mostly in-swingers. Bat shot power may have increased as slogging felt slightly easier. The wicket-keeper still had a superhuman catch in spin bowling where I played a cut shot and it was not edged (there was that sweet sound when the ball hits the middle of the bat).. yet the keeper caught the ball.. Anyways I am happy with the patch..

Played as: South Africa
Difficulty: Legend/Medium/Medium

Attachments

• 20170430204550_1.jpg
    20170430204550_1.jpg
    198.6 KB · Views: 181

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Beautiful seam bowling

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
Was this you vs the AI , meaning you batted , got 120 odd, and they batted and lost far ?

Just observed alot of the stuff and want to be sure how this match was played before I post and make a mistake.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Was this you vs the AI , meaning you batted , got 120 odd, and they batted and lost far ?

Just observed alot of the stuff and want to be sure how this match was played before I post and make a mistake.
Yes I batted and scored 120 odd.

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
Thanks for the reply.

So then my observations are true .

They had Two slips posted for most of the T10 , and even with you on 120 after 9 overs , still persisted with the 2 slips , and not alot of guys out on the Boundary.

When they batted , they also didnt go too hard for your score.

Lucklily I dont play against the AI , but I think alot of people would want this right.

@HBK619 @blockerdave , maybe worth a look in .

IsaacCricketer

Club Captain
Will the new update/patch show the batsman's stats as they come out to bat in tour games now??

Champagnepapi

ICC Board Member
Kings XI
Profile Flag
Canada
Wow this game is a serious controller breaker. :p I play an amazing shot on back foot to the offside and the fielder running to the boundary some how catches it with one hand. :lol

MARK99ZA

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
First game post patch on PS4.. was just giving it a test.. would be interesting to hear feedback on this. I played an English county cup match as Notts on veteran. Hard bowling, medium batting. Conditions were terrible! Worn crumbly pitch with heavy cracks and clouds overhead. I bowled first and skittled them or 67! i batted and manged 140. Bowled them out for similar in second innings leaving me 4 for victory. Broad absolutely destroyed their batting. seems like bad pitches make it too easy to bowl out teams? Was going to play second game but saw the conditions were exactly the same so did not bother! Anyone have similar experience?

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers

Markkkkk

I have waited 10 years for this!
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Played my first full 50 over match yersterday. Was very enjoyable
qB50BoC.jpg

wrxloy.jpg

England got off to a flyer on a tough pitch (kudos to BA for adding the pitch information before the match) but Pretorius struck twice and him and Tahir managed to hold England down. Maharaj grabbed one and South Africa were dominating. Rabada's 2nd spell saw him grab two before Buttler and Rashid combined to create a counter-attacking partnership before Rabada broke it. AB de Villers was entrusted with the last over ahead of Pretorius, the bowler of match so far (this was a tactic masterpiece and not a momentum of stupidity by me) but it turned out a great move as he struck first ball. England set South Africa 247 to win. Also got this nice image from a Rabada toecrusher:

0R0zABF.jpg

South Africa's top order failed but de Bruyn and AB steadied the ship and looked to be in control until AB went after a wide one. Miller came in and played a typical Miller knock, aggressive and when we need it the most. de Bruyn got his debut 50 but fell soon after. Miller also went meaning that Pretorius and Morris had to try go for it before all was too late. Unfortunately, we fell short of the line (I need to work on my batting).

I had great fun and it's the first 50 over match I've finished. Going to try again either later today or tomorrow.

Llewelynf

FRIEDLELE
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
South Africa Tour of England 1st ODI - Pitch was soft, dusty and uneven and cloudy overhead.

Firstly, I have to point out that @WealeyH has unmasked a gem by persuading me to try pro. :clap :cheers

SA (me) won the toss and elected to bowl on what looked like a tough surface to get going.

After an initially quiet start, Roy got run out by some ridiculous decision making by the England batsmen. After the ball struck Hales at the non-strikers end they decided to sneak the run and poor old Roy was well short after some neat work from the bowler Parnell. Hales fell soon after with a typical outswinging delivery from Rabada tickled through to De Kock. Root and Morgan looked to rebuild with a solid stand of 48 before the introduction of Tahir saw the England captain smash one straight to AB in the covers. Tahir was causing havoc, taking scalps at regular intervals. Stoke feathered a forward defensive behind, before Root was caught, again by AB, in the deep for a well played 50.

After Root's demise, England were in all sorts of trouble at 129/5. Buttler and Ali looked to rebuild the innings with the latter being the aggressor with a quickfire rearguard of 25. A clever bowling change bringing Duminy on, got the much needed wicket for the South Africans with Ali edging a drive through to De Kock. Woakes came out all guns blazing smashing the visiting team to all parts before Buttler hit a looping slider straight back at Tahir who grabbed the chance with both hands. Woakes brought up his 50 in 43 balls before holing out at mid-wicket to Rabada in the last over. Plunkett threw the entire kitchen sink at the new number one bowler in the world, smashing the last 2 balls to the mid-wicket boundary.

Was England's 262/8, after a poor showing in the middle overs going to be enough? Or would Tahir's 4/41 be a match winning performance?

upload_2017-6-1_2-31-0.png

upload_2017-6-1_2-50-57.png

upload_2017-6-1_2-54-6.png

upload_2017-6-1_2-56-51.png

Llewelynf

FRIEDLELE
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
South Africa Tour of England 1st ODI

South Africa's reply got off to the worst possibly start with the talented hard hitting South African wicket keeper missed a straight one in the 2nd over to be sent packing by Nigel Llong for a duck. And the visitors once again found themselves in trouble when the Mighty Hash top edged a short Steve Finn cannon to Rashid at short fine leg. De Villiers came out firing smashing 4 boundaries in his first 10 balls while Du Plessis played the anchor role. FAF edged a short one through to the keeper before AB was out LBW missing an inswinging yorker to leave the men in green in serious trouble at 86/4.

Although being well ahead of the Required Run Rate, they would need something special from an out of form middle order to rescue them from the jaws of defeat. And for a while JP Duminy and David Miller seemed to be just doing that with a solid 40 odd stand before Duminy missed a straight one and Miller edged one through to Buttler. Despite numerous starts throughout the match, no batsmen ever seemed 100% in at any stage and this proved true again with both set batsmen falling on 39. SA were truly reeling at 173/6 with no real recognised batsmen to come, but up step Chris Morris and Wayne Parnell with a blitz of there own scoring a brisk 64 run partnership off just 53 balls with Parnell being the primary destroyer scoring 43 of them off just 29.

Just as it seemed it was all done and dusted Eoin Morgan made one final gamble, tossing the ball to Moeen Ali and boy how it worked, getting the big scalp of Parnell first ball and concedingonly 2 runs in the over. Was this going to be the spark England needed? Pressure was mounting once again on the visitors and after Ali's second over was a maiden Morris got frustrated throwing his wicket away for a splendid 46, chasing a wide one with SA needing only 21 to win. Rabada and Morkel would have to see off a dangerous Finn and Ali spell to see SA through and despite a few close calls and a very close appeal for a stumping, the 2 kept their heads seeing SA through.

upload_2017-6-1_3-25-2.png

upload_2017-6-1_3-26-5.png

upload_2017-6-1_3-26-25.png

upload_2017-6-1_3-26-41.png
upload_2017-6-1_3-26-56.png

What a game that turned out to be, twists and turns and heart wrenching moments throughout. SA scraping through on an extremely difficult pitch, winning by 2 wickets.

Imran Tahir was named man of the match for his incredible bowling performance of 4/41 in the middle overs, stifling England in their innings at every turn, no pun intended.

Users who are viewing this thread