Rahul_Rants

County Cricketer
India
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Is it possible to play the slog sweep in DBC14? ala Mat Hayden :)

Rahul_Rants

County Cricketer
India
Profile Flag
India
Nope. Slog sweep and helicopter shots are not in the game.

Ohh. Too bad. Not interested in the helicopter shot anyways but would have loved to play the slog sweep

CallyT

School Cricketer
I think Missing the slog sweep was a bad oversight, not having a crack at the devs, but I think in hindsight they would probably admit they got that one wrong. So many good points about the game though that it dosnt overly worry me. Hope they add it in the next version.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
It seems more like a matter of finding a button combination for it - something that combined the triggers and bumpers would be a bit too hard to play - and we're otherwise pretty much out of other combinations.

grkrama

National Board President
Whenever im playing a straight drive im hitting it straight to the bowler on the up, who is almost always dropping it, all my straight drives even the ones that go for 4's seem to be on the up till they cross the pitch, how to hit the straight drive that hits the pitch and then bounds off? #reposting hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

tandy45

Club Captain
Anyone have any advice for batting against left hander's? Currently I'm able to play well against the right hand bowlers, but every time I face Mitch Johnson I feel the same fear the England team did back in the winter. Not sure if this is the by product of watching Cook, Root and Carberry getting demolished but I have no answer to him.

Mondy

Club Captain
Does anyone have tips on hitting the ball on the ground? I'm often getting caught at square leg from a clip shot or at point when cutting. I premeditate most of my shots on the front foot and my timing is good. So it's frustrating when a lovely shot off the pads is caught at square leg. I've also been caught playing the pull shot.

Any help would be great.

dippa

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
What's the button combination to hit the sweep shot - regular - again?

My batting exploits have been frustrating so far. First year of the career and I've posted 15 maximum as a batting all-rounder. (In a tour game against Eng 2013/14 Ashes side I got a fifty and a few scores in the 20/30s with normal batters, so it's definitely something that I have to grind through.)

I think just more patience and maybe a bit of premeditation so I don't accidentally walk across my wicket and get bowled. The amount of times that happens is frustrating as all hell. Luckily I can get some XP through the bowling and make a few points up with the net sessions.

Enjoying the game so far, though.

Mondy

Club Captain
7. Defend with a straight bat. Sounds simple but the analogs are easy to push slightly off to each side. Defend the shot with a straight bat to the line of the ball. Personally for the first 20 or 30 balls, I have the defense button pushed prior to the ball being bowled. If its a bad ball I let it off and play a stroke. ( I dont tend to do this in T20's or ODI's as much.

This point has really helped me - especially pushing the defense button down for each ball and only letting go if the ball is rubbish. While I'm not scoring 50s or 100s yet, I've seen a marked improvement in my game.

fanirama

Club Captain
On Legend I can manage around 70-80 in a 50 over ODI...

Most of the dismissals are due to caught behind edges or lbws because the timing window is very tight

Cloda

School Cricketer
With patch 2 I have now noticed the batting foot placement and timing meter in a practice match. Wow... I didn't realise I was so useless against fast bowling. It is literally impossible for me to play a front foot shot and not be late on the shot if I don't immediately react as the ball is released (playing with Pro Batsman camera). With back foot shots I have better results. I'll play try with the broadcast camera as that seems to give me more time with the fast bowlers (even though it is near impossible to discern a slower ball).

Paki007

Panel of Selectors
I am haaving a problem in batting on pro level.Every now and then my batsman misses the ball while my timimg is almost perfect every time.I play balls in the right directions.I checked from net practice that my footwork wasn't good.Any tip to improve it? I usually play full and good length deliveries on frontfoot but still finding it difficult to touch the ball

Users who are viewing this thread