My thoughts for the future iteration for BA cricketing series

T.J.Hooker

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Being able to play a back foot leg/hip glance down to fine leg area would be a good start.
I'm getting sick of seeing all of my shots to square leg side being either pulls or hooks.

There are potentially a few ways of tackling it, but I think my favourite idea at the moment is to make the glance playable via the defensive shot button - so you play a defensive shot plus RS direction for deflections.

Having a full blooded leg glance, deflection leg glance and pull/hook shot all mapped to the same controller input is a bit limiting in some respects, imo.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
There are potentially a few ways of tackling it, but I think my favourite idea at the moment is to make the glance playable via the defensive shot button - so you play a defensive shot plus RS direction for deflections.

Having a full blooded leg glance, deflection leg glance and pull/hook shot all mapped to the same controller input is a bit limiting in some respects, imo.
Thats actually a really good idea, for dab like shots behind wickets we can implement those with defensive shots..

T.J.Hooker

Panel of Selectors
Yeah exactly.

Similarly, if you're playing a defensive shot at a delivery just outside off stump, it makes lots of sense to me to be able to run the ball down to third man by pointing the RS there.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Yeah exactly.

Similarly, if you're playing a defensive shot at a delivery just outside off stump, it makes lots of sense to me to be able to run the ball down to third man by pointing the RS there.
Right this could well bring in a proper defensive game for tests...:thumbs

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner

Being able to remap controls would be nice. We can do it with the leave button.

Going back to how players are skilled, maybe if each had a one had a three shot types normal (just played

Being able to remap controls would be nice. Linking it to how players are skilled would be great. Perhaps you have a wheel on the player screen (like the image below) and you can set two or three preferences for each zone. First preference is just played with the sticks, second with by holding down R1 and third by R2 (or whichever button we choose).

Maybe instead of preference it's ranked in terms of ability and how good they are at performing a shot, to add a little risk to the shot we choose.

I think the batting animations and their introduction is great but I they can be limiting and frustrating. One style might have some nice shots but then some ugly ones. Maybe it could be as simple as being to create custom batting styles (along with the standard five), so again, using the wheel, we could select from the available animations/shots and make our own styles. I might be wrong but I do think a lot of the issues people have with which shots are played comes down to the batting style they use.
colorWheel-300x300.png

jaffar100

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Realastic weather conditions should effect the gameplay .
Custom Fields AI should also select using when we bat as well.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Realistic weather conditions should effect the gameplay .
Custom Fields AI should also select using when we bat as well.
Weather, for sure needs to affect conditions and pitch..Especially after seeing India getting owned in current test match..:p

Custom fields , wouldnt agree on that much as I want field set proper ones for the game first..If custom fields option is given then the game's fieldset issue will continue..Proper in game fieldsets covering regions for all kinds of situations, types of matches , bowlers and types of bowlers and also field set for the batsman go to zone , so overall I want AI to be intelligent enough to get hold of the situations for fieldset..

jaffar100

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Weather, for sure needs to affect conditions and pitch..Especially after seeing India getting owned in current test match..:p

Custom fields , wouldnt agree on that much as I want field set proper ones for the game first..If custom fields option is given then the game's fieldset issue will continue..Proper in game fieldsets covering regions for all kinds of situations, types of matches , bowlers and types of bowlers and also field set for the batsman go to zone , so overall I want AI to be intelligent enough to get hold of the situations for fieldset..

Ya I too prefer what you have said in game fields should be corrected first.

But that trial already happened in one of the patches in Ashes cricket. That is the result of the fields what we are seeing currently especially in ODI and T20 formats.

Many of them does not even know what actual field positions are in REAL and how they are set in GAME.

Some even say that short mid wicket , short mid on positions are not used in Test matches. I think they never saw it lol...

Because of the lack of knowledge that many have on fielding area, even I am sure that if we get pre defined fields corrected that will NOT be according to real fields , those fields will be just people’s imagination.

I only wanted this feature because we can set ourselves what fields we want rather then blaming them.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Ya I too prefer what you have said in game fields should be corrected first.

But that trial already happened in one of the patches in Ashes cricket. That is the result of the fields what we are seeing currently especially in ODI and T20 formats.

Many of them does not even know what actual field positions are in REAL and how they are set in GAME.

Some even say that short mid wicket , short mid on positions are not used in Test matches. I think they never saw it lol...

Because of the lack of knowledge that many have on fielding area, even I am sure that if we get pre defined fields corrected that will NOT be according to real fields , those fields will be just people’s imagination.

I only wanted this feature because we can set ourselves what fields we want rather then blaming them.
Yeah I get what you are trying to say, but I always believe theres next chance for anything..We can make a difference this time around..If you have a fair knowledge of Field setup then get on it create a variety of setup using the field editor in ashes or in an excel file with positions..And create a thread for that alone, people who have the knowledge will surely come forward to make it better and discuss what all can be added..
Personally I don't want to see hundreds and hundreds of fields , commonly used field for format and situation..Then move to shot zones based batsman, type of batsman and bowler..

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Yeah I get what you are trying to say, but I always believe theres next chance for anything..We can make a difference this time around..If you have a fair knowledge of Field setup then get on it create a variety of setup using the field editor in ashes or in an excel file with positions..And create a thread for that alone, people who have the knowledge will surely come forward to make it better and discuss what all can be added..
Personally I don't want to see hundreds and hundreds of fields , commonly used field for format and situation..Then move to shot zones based batsman, type of batsman and bowler..

Default fields have to be made with game engine in mind though. I.e. you almost need to know how AI will use fields before setting them

E.g create loads of 7-2 fields for tests, but if AI uses them for white ball cricket or uses them when attacking the stumps.......

Think there is good reason no game in history of cricket gaming has AI intelligently using default fields: it must be bloody difficult :p

jaffar100

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
India

I had created one thread earlier and also gave some positions in excel sheet but hardly a few were considered for Longer Formats, T20.

https://www.planetcricket.org/forum...elds-vs-field-placements.109300/#post-3219177

But for ODI I could not see any fields being considered.

If you see the Powerplay , Balanced , and Defensive fields are real for ODI and Shorter formats.

I wish those fields can introduced in the game.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I had created one thread earlier and also gave some positions in excel sheet but hardly a few were considered for Longer Formats, T20.

https://www.planetcricket.org/forum...elds-vs-field-placements.109300/#post-3219177

But for ODI I could not see any fields being considered.

If you see the Powerplay , Balanced , and Defensive fields are real for ODI and Shorter formats.

I wish those fields can introduced in the game.
That was a great thread btw, some good looking fields :)

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Default fields have to be made with game engine in mind though. I.e. you almost need to know how AI will use fields before setting them

E.g create loads of 7-2 fields for tests, but if AI uses them for white ball cricket or uses them when attacking the stumps.......

Think there is good reason no game in history of cricket gaming has AI intelligently using default fields: it must be bloody difficult :p
Yeah though I guess we can start fieldset from now and carry on the discussion and then BA can get in and see what can be done..As at the end of the day they are the creators..

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
I've been doing a bit of editing lately and had a few thoughts on additions, changes and improvements for this part of the game.

Creating and sharing
  • Kit sharing - like bat sharing but for kits.
  • Equipment sharing - being able to create custom items, by adding logos and share them. Long term it would be great if there was a way to create our own custom kit, even if it was just selecting different sections from existing equipment (so interchangeable helmets grilles for example).
  • Some kind of guide that could perhaps be switched on when editing things - so if you're putting a logo on a cap there is a little box or something that displays the best place to put it.
  • Logos to be available for use as more than one thing (the ratio changes needed for adboard are a real pain, if logos could be used and appear clearly then creating separate adboards would not be needed.
  • Grouping of logos - so they could be tagged to a team, ideally automatically, (so the below stuff in the searching bullet points could be done) and they could potentially be deleted in one go.
  • More logo space or and increased size of logos that can be uploaded. I understand this might be tough on Xbox/PS4 but us PC users surely deserve it. :thumbs
  • Sharing of 'collections', so if I edit an entire league of teams I can share them as one and people could just pick to download that instead of go through each team one by one.
Searching
  • Search for unused logos (ones that are still in our data but not currently used, would make for deleting them a lot easier).
  • Similar to the above - an ability to cross reference to see where logos are being used - even if it was just a list of teams that has a logo assigned in some way.
  • A filter, or a list of players connected to bats, showing which players has that bat assigned - again this would help for any deleting or changing. Mass bat assigning would be great, to add to multiple players at once.
  • More filters for searching for players - at the very least being able to filter between gender and nationality.
Stadiums
  • For the fence adboards; allow us to turn off the rotation but display more than one adboard - so they don't alternate but display from the fence start sponsor to end sponsor and if that doesn't fill each board just start again.
  • Grass banks with crowds would be great, as would a few people mingling around certain other items - such as the cafes.
  • Ability to set crowd sizes for different types of match.
  • Ability to set the match types that take place at a ground.
  • Change the texture of the surrounding area of the pitch, to allow for more than just grass, perhaps a dirt and sand option - even if it was just as simple as recolouring the grass (light brown, sand colour, concrete). Perhaps having a different background so everything doesn't always look so green and lush.
  • Media centres
  • Vertically increasing the size of pavilions or being able to stack them - not really able to create anything like you see at Lord's or Old Trafford.
I can probaby think of a lot more but this will do for a start.

T.J.Hooker

Panel of Selectors
I ran into a lovely little village ground at the weekend. I'd love to be able to do something like this :

IMG_8144.jpg IMG_8146.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread