New Patch now available for PC, PS4 (1.07) & Xbox One (1.0.0.8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
@Dutch Apologies if you've mentioned before, but what else do you select for HUD settings (apart from disabling batsmen timing) when using Pro mode? Also, what field camera do you think works best for it. Thanks.
Down on the d-pad is the show/hide toggle while batting. A settings menu toggle will be added in a future update to avoid the case of ending up with it remaining off when bowling, and will get that control noted on the controls screen as well.

For now you'll need to turn the hud back on again prior to bowling.

---

General comment on difficulty/timing- it certainly was expected that many would need to drop down difficulties - including online - people had mastered the challenge and had nowhere to go. It'll take a bit of time to adjust muscle memory on shot timing, but I fully expect to see people smashing sixes every ball on legend soon enough.

It's a wait and see thing however - the timing window move is a big change - so it's something we're wanting feedback on.

Bleddyn

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Canada
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
....and they completely ignored graphics issues. Not one fixed, or addressed in any way.

The issues pointed out HERE are still in game. Not surprised since they would not respond to posts about it, here or on the BA forums.

gunit123

County Cricketer
Appreciate the reply re: HUD @MattW.

Also, I'm certainly looking forward to experiencing the challenge of the enhanced timing window.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Personally think legend should be a real old grind...otherwise people just master it.

Needs to be super super hard.

There’s no shame in dropping a level!

A quick question regarding Legend and other difficulty levels... my understanding is that AI Difficulty levels (Legend, Veteran, Pro etc.) only affect the AI, and does not have any impact on the batting or bowling difficulty. it's the Batting or Bowling Difficulty setting (Hardest, Hard, Medium, Easy etc.) which affects the batting or bowling. So selecting Legend or Veteran as the AI difficulty should not determine the batting difficulty, and only the Batting Difficulty should.

Is my understanding correct or am I missing something. Or is it that the patch has changed difficulty a bit and now batting/bowling difficulty is a function of AI difficulty level?

D

Dutch

A quick question regarding Legend and other difficulty levels... my understanding is that AI Difficulty levels (Legend, Veteran, Pro etc.) only affect the AI, and does not have any impact on the batting or bowling difficulty. it's the Batting or Bowling Difficulty setting (Hardest, Hard, Medium, Easy etc.) which affects the batting or bowling. So selecting Legend or Veteran as the AI difficulty should not determine the batting difficulty, and only the Batting Difficulty should.

Is my understanding correct or am I missing something. Or is it that the patch has changed difficulty a bit and now batting/bowling difficulty is a function of AI difficulty level?
Well legend bowlers bowling at you are going to be tougher than pro bowlers bowling at you what ever your batting level?

D

Deleted member 185125

Online, it defines batting and bowling difficulty.
It's either Pro, veteran or Legend. No seperate batting and bowling difficulty.

chintoo02018

Associate Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Personally think legend should be a real old grind...otherwise people just master it.

Needs to be super super hard.

There’s no shame in dropping a level!

Well said wise person same as FIFA series

Spoobir

Thread of the Month March 2018
Oh boy, it's nice to see that ball swinging, perhaps not as much as I'd like but I'll probably be playing around with skills and attributes. Yesterday, I was really in the camp of 'I can't play a cricket game where the ball doesn't swing.' Thanks for rectifying the issue so quickly.

Gonna stream any more?

riteshagl

County Cricketer
Okay so i have played 50 plus overs of batting (legend, hard). My intial impressions.

POSITIVES

I love the new timing mechanism. I think its great. Need to play more to get used to it.
Shot power has been reduced.
Straightaway there is noticeble reduced shot power for leg glance and shots towards point. I like it. Also, in terms of shot power, the difference between ok timing and ideal timing is huge.
Batsman confidence plays a very very important role now. Its suicidal to hit agressive shots in the begining of the innings. Its extremely important to have atleast dark green confidence to play aggressive shots. Once confidence is atleast dark green, its not very difficult to hit boundaries and even sixes. I guess agressive shots in general are a tad too difficult. Maybe ease it down a little bit. But i am not too sure. Need more game time to have a final verdict on this one.
I am getting descent amout of edges as well. They look pretty realistic and i am yet to see ball going through the bat kinda edges.
Backfoot shots play well and are a treat when executed perfectly.
Also, the AI bowling line and length seems to have improved. I have not seen AI bowl silly wides.
The field placements are also better. They don’t unnecessarily keep changing it anymore. They make much more sense but are not perfect at the same time. Still i feel more work needs to be done.
The AI fielding is much sharper as they release the ball pretty quickly while fielding.
The spinners are much harder to face. They are quicker through the air.

NEGATIVES

No noticeable swing and weird unrealistic seam movement . I think its been spoken at length and the same has been addressed via a pc hotfix ( i am on xbox one).
Running between wickets when we cancel run is poor as batsman does not ground the bat.
The prod shot has been nerfed way to much (for both point region and third man region). The ball just drops dead even on perfect timing. This is a major issue as when we try for lofted shot towards point (for fuller deliveries most of the times prod shot is triggered), the ball just unrealistacally lobs in the air for an easy catch. Also, backfoot dab to third man is way too nerfed and the ball just drops dead.
The ball sometimes goes to mid on with cover drive animation.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
@MattW - does the change to hard and hardest difficulties apply to batting and bowling?

perhaps that's why i'm struggling to see the AI batting mentality coming through - i'm bowling worse so getting clattered?

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
The prod shot has been nerfed way to much (for both point region and third man region). The ball just drops dead even on perfect timing. Also, backfoot dab to third man is way too nerfed and the ball just drops dead.

Yes I would tend to agree with those observations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread