New Patch now available for PC, PS4 (1.07) & Xbox One (1.0.0.8)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe - I played a few games against the lowest rated sides overall and deliberately hit out. Caught everything. Never saw drop pre-patch either - no exaggeration.

Thoughts??

I'm struggling to find any issues apart from incorrect new ball bowlers (with the second new bowler).

Would love it if the visible pitch wear stayed.

I implore BA not to mess with this AI when they improve the game further.

I'm struggling to find any issues apart from incorrect new ball bowlers (with the second new bowler).

Would love it if the visible pitch wear stayed.

I implore BA not to mess with this AI when they improve the game further.

Good to hear, makes all the testing worth it.

I personally would like a bit of seam movement on grassy..

You will find different pitches produce very different games which is great...

Making a batsmen have a clear weakness is fantastic as well

We went back and forth with the AI SO many times, run rates, ability to score 100’s build partnerships etc.

Good to hear, makes all the testing worth it.

I personally would like a bit of seam movement on grassy..

You will find different pitches produce very different games which is great...

Making a batsmen have a clear weakness is fantastic as well

We went back and forth with the AI SO many times, run rates, ability to score 100’s build partnerships etc.

It's been fantastic.. So do we have to choose between either swing or seam movement now? That would be annoying in the extreme.

I am absolutely loving the delayed timing post patch. In fact i feel i am batting better than pre patch. Certainly got used to it sooner then expected. I am playing in career mode. Hard legend. Pace min and max increase to 60. Rest everything default. I think i will go to hardest in a day or two. All i can say is wait for the ball to pitch.

Attachments

• F5230C02-08ED-40F4-8B29-F9E90D927D19.jpeg
    F5230C02-08ED-40F4-8B29-F9E90D927D19.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 17
It's been fantastic.. So do we have to choose between either swing or seam movement now? That would be annoying in the extreme.

My view is swing should be as it was, it was fine.

Seam needs to be there but not extreme, and not in conjunction with swing, unless you hit a crack.

Dunno if it's the way my team is skilled (or maybe my field) but I'm finding the AI is very very heavily biased to leg side. Anyone else?

It would also be nice if the AI would select a short leg or a silly mid off when they use the quicks.[DOUBLEPOST=1524952901][/DOUBLEPOST]
My view is swing should be as it was, it was fine.

Seam needs to be there but not extreme, and not in conjunction with swing, unless you hit a crack.

Dunno if it's the way my team is skilled (or maybe my field) but I'm finding the AI is very very heavily biased to leg side. Anyone else?

Yes they do shovel a lot to leg, and many of the bowleds seem to be playing across the line. Not a bad thing, maybe a bit over the top

Does fielding skill have an effect? I've only played with good fielding teams so there shouldnt be much of a difference, but can you make a real donkey in the field? Remember when England had some really dire fielders?

Does fielding skill have an effect? I've only played with good fielding teams so there shouldnt be much of a difference, but can you make a real donkey in the field? Remember when England had some really dire fielders?
I think fielding, in general, needs a bit of care and attention. Its not just field placing but it would be nice if it had a lot more character. Teams should have players who are better slippers and close fielders and players who are better in the outfield and players who are not that great and therefore you need to think of where to stick them. At the moment fielding lacks much interest (I don't know what manual fielding is like but playing in career mode I rely on the AI to field)...I would love to see outfielders sprinting to attempt a tricky diving catch (rather than stopping and letting the ball bounce in front of them before collecting it)...I would love to see them drop catches occasionally (but not in the random way I think DBC17 had it where they would stand there and let the ball hit them and bounce to the ground)...I would love them to slide to save a boundary (though sometimes miss)...I would love to see more fielders, closer in, dive to try to stop a ball rather than let it go by and then chase after it.

It would also be nice, from a career perspective, if fielding skills had an effect so that at club level fielding could be very ordinary, with a few exceptions, and as you moved up through the levels fielding became discernibly better. At the moment fielding feels the same for any match at any level for any team.

I think I also saw someone drop a catch at short leg in one of @Dutch's videos? I'm pretty sure it was his anyway.

One thing I haven't seen is rain.

EDIT: Here we go. At about 10 seconds in:

Just realised he plays as England though so probably manual fielding...

Sorry to repeat but has anybody seen AI drop a catch ?
I saw the keeper dropping a few off spinners. And one drop catch by mid on running back, where the fielder just allowed the ball to hit his body.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread