New Zealand Tour of India, November 2010/11

Interesting comments-the last few ones especially. At present, I do not think there is a side in World cricket that is capable of dominating their opposition.

Till date, we had the Aussies who dominated. Of late they have lost their touch. The same happened to them before the 2007 World Cup too, but they bounced back to claim the trophy. A major reason for this was the fact that they have been mentally strong.

In many ways this World Cup could be an interesting watch and the mentally strong ones could very well run away with the Cup.

I see India atleast in the semifinal (if not the final). From there on, its anyone's game. On subcontinent pitches, the team that maximizes their runs in the important overs and the team that keeps the other one down better in those important overs, run away with the game. We have the batsmen who can make good use of the important overs. Zaheer and Bhajji are good at containing in those high intensity overs. If we can find one more guy like that, we would be good enough (Praveen is rubbish in the death overs, and I am not sure of Nehra, Sreesanth. Ishant could be an option, but he has to strike form in ODI's).

I would love to have Ashwin in the Indian side. He is an aggressive spinner and always tries to get the wicket, though he leaks runs. We saw in the Champions League that he can turn around matches. If only he could improve his batting he would surely be in the side. The same goes for Amit Mishra. We need attacking spinners who could crush the opposition.

I would love to have Ashwin in the Indian side. He is an aggressive spinner and always tries to get the wicket, though he leaks runs. We saw in the Champions League that he can turn around matches. If only he could improve his batting he would surely be in the side. The same goes for Amit Mishra. We need attacking spinners who could crush the opposition.

I agree. The one thing that could hurt him is that Harbhajan is considered our frontline spinner and he is an off spinner too like Ashwin. Which makes it tough for Ashwin because most of the time, the selectors would want variety in the spin by having an off spinner with a leg spinner or an off spinner with a left armer (like Ojha). It would be rare seeing two off spinners play together.

Even though Yousuf hits a century R.Jadeja is going to make it in to the WC squad because he is more experienced and a master of the art in dressing room,shower room and bed room.;)

Jadeja will not make it. Of late, he has been used as a front-line spinner by Dhoni. His batting is not at all great and he has not even made a single effort to improve on it. Despite being used only as bowler, he does not get to bowl his alloted 10 overs. In short, he does the work of a part-timer.
The same job is being done in a better manner by Yuvraj Singh, who in his peak can put his bat to good use. This eliminates the need for Ravinder Jadeja.

Jadeja will not make it. Of late, he has been used as a front-line spinner by Dhoni. His batting is not at all great and he has not even made a single effort to improve on it. Despite being used only as bowler, he does not get to bowl his alloted 10 overs. In short, he does the work of a part-timer.
The same job is being done in a better manner by Yuvraj Singh, who in his peak can put his bat to good use. This eliminates the need for Ravinder Jadeja.
What are you on about? Do you even know about the work that goes on behind the scenes in the Nets in the Indian side?

Because I've read reports from people close to the dressing room who have said that Jadeja has been working very hard, especially on his big-hitting skills, so he can play the role of a lower order hitter.

Jadeja is talented and hardworking, just in bad form, and shouldn't be in the side now yea, but stop painting him like he's some talentless lazy prima donna.

You Indian fans, I swear. One day you're cussing a player like this, and when he wins us a few matches some day down the line you'll be calling him the next Sobers or something. You all drive me insane.

What are you on about? Do you even know about the work that goes on behind the scenes in the Nets in the Indian side?

Because I've read reports from people close to the dressing room who have said that Jadeja has been working very hard, especially on his big-hitting skills, so he can play the role of a lower order hitter.

Jadeja is talented and hardworking, just in bad form, and shouldn't be in the side now yea, but stop painting him like he's some talentless lazy prima donna.

You Indian fans, I swear. One day you're cussing a player like this, and when he wins us a few matches some day down the line you'll be calling him the next Sobers or something. You all drive me insane.

Your profile tells me you're one of us, mate. :yes I think you and I have discussed Ravi Jadeja before, so no need to get into that again.

As if you keep a close eye on the net sessions ? He may be working hard, but it does not reflect in his form on the field. Talking of his comparision with Sobers, no Indian fan, in his right mind would do so- he has had ample opportunities to win us games, but he has lost them all. That is all.

And Indian fans- well you are one amongst us-or have you changed loyalties now ?

I see India atleast in the semifinal (if not the final). From there on, its anyone's game. On subcontinent pitches, the team that maximizes their runs in the important overs and the team that keeps the other one down better in those important overs, run away with the game. We have the batsmen who can make good use of the important overs. Zaheer and Bhajji are good at containing in those high intensity overs. If we can find one more guy like that, we would be good enough (Praveen is rubbish in the death overs, and I am not sure of Nehra, Sreesanth. Ishant could be an option, but he has to strike form in ODI's).

I definately agree with you brother , our batting is too good but its bowling especially in the last ten overs we are leaking too much runs and the other 3rd bowler must be Ishanth though in the start he leaks runs he is good at depth and its worst of Nehra i saw in the banglaore match he did not bowl well he just bowled a bat pitch delivery's in the last over of the match which on a experienced bowler is very much bad

I think we need a World Cup sub-forum soon ;)

The mods say that they will put it up when the Ashes gets done with. Till then, I found this thread started by McLovin.Talks about the Pre-Event discussion

Last edited:
Maybe you can write off an Indian quick's chances of developing and disproving his critics, but with a spinning all-rounder, there's a fair chance that he will be able to reinvent himself to suit what India want him to do. I'm just not going to say that will happen for the World Cup.

India is a good side. But it is not the dominant side. England, SA, Lanka, australia are all good sides and have as much chance as india has to win the world cup. Sachin and Zaheer are the most dependable players in the indian team.

Disagree, We're talking about ODIs.

Firstly In Tests, India don't rely on Tendulkar much heavily now as earlier but still he is still our best prospective. Agree with Zaheer's case.

Also India have faired very well for the past 10 months in ODI's without Sachin Tendulkar and Zak wasn't available, he just played 10 matches.
Their presence will surely strengthen the team by huge margin, but it's ridiculous to say that India depends heavily on Tendulkar-Zak in ODIs.

Users who are viewing this thread