New Zealand's Full Tour vs Pakistan : Oct 31-Dec 07,2018 in UAE

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
Why did he enforce the follow-on? You never want to bat last on this pitch. Should've followed Misbah's example and played it safe, giving NZ 500+ to chase

Yup and if newzeland able to give target of.more than 70 runs on a fifth day pitch. Boy, The batting would be under pressure. Lets hope Yasir packed up Newzeland before they surpass the trail.

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
Demolished and thrashed Newzeland. What a fantastic win by Pakistan. Yasir took 14 Wickets. Totally outplayed the opposition. Thats what you call pay back :)

To be honest, Pakistan is just too good enough for Newzeland in these conditions. Even in first test match, Pakistan was way ahead in all days and just one bad session costed them the match.

This win should be remembered in ages and Newzeland will find it too hard to recover from this heavy loss.

Perfect Square

No Corners
PAK...
CSK
LQ
MS
Sydney Sixers
Brisbane Heat
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Demolished and thrashed Newzeland. What a fantastic win by Pakistan. Yasir took 14 Wickets. Totally outplayed the opposition. Thats what you call pay back :)

To be honest, Pakistan is just too good enough for Newzeland in these conditions. Even in first test match, Pakistan was way ahead in all days and just one bad session costed them the match.

This win should be remembered in ages and Newzeland will find it too hard to recover from this heavy loss.
Had Yasir Shah not picked up that 8'fer in the 1st innings. You never know what could happen.

It's a great win but we should not put curtains over our batting problems in this series

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
Had Yasir Shah not picked up that 8'fer in the 1st innings. You never know what could happen.

It's a great win but we should not put curtains over our batting problems in this series

Why Yasir Shah would not have picked up the 8'fer in the first place. Sometimes you do win matches due to individual brilliances. Yasir Shah job was to perform because such performance was due on him for a pretty long time, but putting 418 on the board in the first innings was a commendable effort as well. 418 has a part in putting Nz on pressure as well against Yasir Shah

We shouls not forget that Hasan equally supported in the second innings with his crucial breakthroughs.

Batting has always been an issue with Pakistan in pressure situations but the first innings was very well played out by Haris and Babar particularly.

All in all, it was a great come back to the series. Third match would be a cracker for sure.

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
PS: Yasir Shah equals the great Imran Khan record of taking 14 wickets in a test match.

Meanwhile, We shall wait for the praisers to come out and praise this performance by Pakistan :)

Last edited:

Believe

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
That truly was a phenomenal bowling display from Yasir. No way anyone can try to blame the pitch, as it spun just as much for our boys, but Yasir showed the difference in class between him and Sodhi with his accuracy. That over he dismissed Latham, Taylor and Nicholls in the first innings was just magical. I was all set for a classic Williamson/anyone fight-back, but then Yasir happened...

I don't think the third test will be anywhere near this much of a hiding for us, but our spinners need to re-watch and learn something from this display. I think we are capable of batting long enough to do the same thing Pakistan did in this match, we just need our spinners to threaten more. (Ajaz was ok, didn't expect magic from him again in only his second match, but Sodhi has been disappointing.. Really missing Santners accuracy here.)

Batting-wise Raval needs to get through this patch of 30's-out, and Taylor is in a bit of a funk.. Williamson, Latham, Nicholls and Watling are the ones who should suit the style we need to play, but we need to buck the trend of 1 partnership, then lose 4 wickets.

Looking forward to the tie-breaker!

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Very clinical performance by Pakistan. Some super bowling by Yasir Shah and after a long time it seems he contributed in a winning cause. New Zealand team is known for being fighters, they will definitely bounce back also this makes the third test really interesting to watch. Although Pakistan look like the heavy weights and have upper hand, New Zealand might just sneak in.

Also with the crowds coming in, its high time matches are played in Pakistan. UAE has become saturated with 365 days of cricket and its hurting Pakistan cricket now. Cannot wait for the day when Pakistan resume playing test and one day international at their home ground.

hammadahmed88

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Abbas is down with a shoulder injury. Hope this doesn't affect him long term. Cricket needs a pacer like him.

On a side, is there any news on Mohammad Amir? Has anyone seen him play domestically lately? I know his stats look pretty good. Would love to see him make his mini 'comeback' in South Africa, especially now that Abbas is down. That is a good place for a pacer to try and gain some confidence back. We would probably play three seamers there so Afridi, Amir and Hassan would look really good there.

Morphed

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
Abbas is down with a shoulder injury. Hope this doesn't affect him long term. Cricket needs a pacer like him.

On a side, is there any news on Mohammad Amir? Has anyone seen him play domestically lately? I know his stats look pretty good. Would love to see him make his mini 'comeback' in South Africa, especially now that Abbas is down. That is a good place for a pacer to try and gain some confidence back. We would probably play three seamers there so Afridi, Amir and Hassan would look really good there.

That probably explains why he has went wicketless so far.

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
We need Abbas in South African conditions. While Aamir, Afridi and Hasan trio would look grear as well. I assume South African batsmen should prepare themselves for some serious swinging fast bowling this season. Would be fun

hammadahmed88

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
We need Abbas in South African conditions. While Aamir, Afridi and Hasan trio would look grear as well. I assume South African batsmen should prepare themselves for some serious swinging fast bowling this season. Would be fun
It would be fun seeing Abbas in SA, but I would play it safe as team management with him. Don't want him to aggravate anything. It's probably safer to sit him for the series. This'll also give an opportunity to test Afridi in tough Test conditions and see if Amir has gained any mojo back.

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
I think this is a crucial time before World Cup if Abbas is fit he should be inducted into the side against South Africa. As far as Aamir goes, He shouldnt be included if the team dosent require him. You can try him in one off test and see how he goes. I would rather prefer to test Afridi more than Aamir. Test cricket always gives you boost. And this will be huge learning experience for Afridi. Mir Hamza deserved equal fair chance as well.

Abbas has also been considered for World Cup. He can be rested for one test but not throughout the series in SA. Also this tour will be an oppprtunity to try Abbas in the ODI.

I am also quite impressed the way Hasan Ali has come back to form in the test series. I believe Amir should not be a forced selection rather he should make a place into the side.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Also this tour will be an oppprtunity to try Abbas in the ODI.
ODI surfaces in SA and UK are very flat. He'll be ruined if selected in ODIs, imo.

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
ODI surfaces in SA and UK are very flat. He'll be ruined if selected in ODIs, imo.

The way I see it, He performed on the dubai and abu dhabi pitches which arent bowling paradise but he made it look like one with his performance against Aussies. The flat wickers of SA and UK aren't similar to Uae and sub continent flat decks. Those always have something for the good bowlers. In CT, When Pakistani bowling lineup was at top form and rythm they made world class batsmen confused with that line, length and dippers. World Cup is the event we all wait for. I think Pakistan should play a gamble trying him out in ODI in SA

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
Pakistan should consolidate tomorrow and take a lead of atleast 150. Plenty of cricket left and match is still even.

Imam as expected failed again. While, Hafeez took a good decision of retirement from test format.

If Inzy doesnt play more nepotism. We would be seeing a fresh opening pair in tour to SA.

Users who are viewing this thread