Oct 2-India v South Africa

S

Satan666

I felt it for Kohli, he batted well throughout the tournament, India actually exceeded my expectations, wasnt expecting them to come so close to sneeking in the last four, all credits to Pakistan and Aussies for making it to the semis.

A complete overhaul of the Indian team needs to be done, with respect to their bowling, at domestic level the guys need to bowl better, it doesnt help by making roads to bat on for the sake of money neither, in the end the domestic structure is what let them down in this tournament!

Epic

Panel of Selectors
Exactly, there wasn't much more we could've done and that's really why I'm not upset or dejected.

BKB1991

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Despite how much I envy the Indian batsmen for their talent and quality I cant help feeling glad that we have great bowlers rather than great batsmen. Pakistan going through and India not clearly indicates that its the bowlers that more often than not win you matches

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Despite how much I envy the Indian batsmen for their talent and quality I cant help feeling glad that we have great bowlers rather than great batsmen. Pakistan going through and India not clearly indicates that its the bowlers that more often than not win you matches

No, it indicates the flawed system. West Indies win 2/5 and get to the semis. India win 4/5 and don't. Why all the winners were in one group is just beyond me.

Gurjot95

National Board President
I bet if SA was playing for qualification and with pressure they would have probably choked to even score 121 and let India through to semis. Too bad they were disqualified even before match started and was playing with no pressure at all. ;)

Anyways, I knew we lost the match at Toss. There are probably no other team than India right now who are better chasing side.

Shaharyar

Chairman of Selectors
SA almost got to beating India today. And on this wicket, scoring 180+ was impossible. In fact we did well today to even win this game because batting second has always been easier in the night at Premadasa.

Things plainly didn't go our way today. But I still feel we didn't help ourselves on the field with poor fielding and bad decisions.

Why not 180 mate??The way Raina was playing i was eying to 165 or 170.All the thing got wrong when Yuvraj was send before Raina.Yuvraj is not in his real form.Till the 10th over the run rate was not more than 7 run per over & SA were around 75 at the same stage.

----------

No, it indicates the flawed system. West Indies win 2/5 and get to the semis. India win 4/5 and don't. Why all the winners were in one group is just beyond me.

They also won a super over contest which gave them 2 points & we were also annoyed with the grouping but ICC must have aware each of the playing nation with the fixture of the tournament.

Epic

Panel of Selectors
They also won a super over contest which gave them 2 points & we were also annoyed with the grouping but ICC must have aware each of the playing nation with the fixture of the tournament.

They still only won 2 games, 1 against England and 1 against New Zealand.

macintosh

Club Captain
India gave their 100 percent, that is more than enough for me, we lacked quality in our bowling, and we could have covered that up with our batting, but even some of our batsmen weren't in good nick, which made it a bit difficult to stay in the tournament.
But overall, m quite happy with the way we performed with the kind of team that was selected, maybe the selection of Ishant Sharma could have added some depth to our bowling, Zaheer, Irfan, Ishant along with Ashwin, Yuvraj and other part timers would have been an ideal bowling lineup for India.
Death bowling is a huge issue for the team, its true that most bowlers get hit towards the end of the innings, but atleast there should be some damage control, Indian bowling just looks hopeless towards the end of the innings in both T20s and ODIs.

spooony

Club Captain
I bet if SA was playing for qualification and with pressure they would have probably choked to even score 121 and let India through to semis. Too bad they were disqualified even before match started and was playing with no pressure at all. ;)

Anyways, I knew we lost the match at Toss. There are probably no other team than India right now who are better chasing side.

So losing a cricket match you choked? So in 1992 having to score 22 of 14 which became 22 of 1 we choked? Because we ran into Brian Lara on one of his goodknown days ee choked? Because A guy who was taking bets from bookies decided to bat 2nd on a Headingley pitch known to disadvantage teams batting second and was only almost saved by Lance Klusener who was batting with a guy who couldn't even hold a bat. Because in 2003 NZ decided to forfeit against Kenya and rain calculations again hampered us. We lost to a better team in 07 we choked? Because of inexperience we choked in 2011?

Well let me remind you about a couple of things. One day cricket one guy can make a difference unlike Test cricket.

May I remind you 1992 Pakistan cruising along at 120/4 with Inzie until Rhodes did the run out? Pakistan collapsed and lost the game -> Choked
Australia needing a mere 111 to win against SA on the final day with a 23 year old in his first test as captain. Australia bowled out for 105 -> Choked

SA playing NZ 1 ball left 4 runs to win Klusener clubbed him for 6. NZ - Choked

Pakistan scoring 220 odd have SA 80 for 5. Klusener clubbed us to victory from a position which we never should have never even should have come close. Pakistan - Choke

Australia scoring a world record score of 434. SA was down and shell shocked after Rickey Ponting clubbed us around to all parts of the pitch. They sat and look at each other in the dressing room without saying a single word to each other. Jacques Kallis decided to crack a joke by saying 'Cmon guys its a 450 run wicket they are 15 short!'
What happened? World Records babey and Australia couldn't defend a score of 434 Australia - Choked

India getting clobbered by Australia in World cup final so India choked

Pakistan getting clobbered by Australia in World Cup final so Pakistan choked

Don't let me remind you of SA winning test series in Pakistan and India where we came from a almost hopeless situation thanks to Boucher and Symcox with his avg spin ripping Pakistan to bits IN Pakistan.

One day cricket you need luck on your side. Test cricket at times as well. We didn't have that in the WC's. But I can remember that test in Pakistan Symcox got bowled. The ball when thru the gap between the stumps without dislodging the bails. We won Pakistan lost. They choked or did they just not have s bit of luck on their side?

S

Satan666

Uhm, no they didn't, it was rained out.

Epic, my good old friend, when the fox aint get the grapes he says its sour, the fact of the matter is Indian did not win their matches by large margins, they werent good enough to be champions, go on blaming the groupings and whatever but in the end going into this tournament they werent favourites, they dont have quality bowlers to win it!

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
^India did not win their matches by large margins? They only beat England by oh...90 runs! And they chased down Pakistan's score with 3 overs and 8 wkts to spare - that is a pretty easy win in T20.

T20 is just one of those formats where it's really EASY to lose a game. India aren't that far off the team who wins this tournament despite the hand wringing of fans, and bashing of rivals. It's just a volatile format.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Guess more than Indian fans, I find a few non-Indian sympathisers with our team's exit. Sounds good, but I guess we didn't make our luck when it mattered. We have been playing in Sri Lanka for long now, we know the Premadasa's recent conditions, yet we batted first in that Australia match. Inspite of being good chasers. Also we took three full time spinners when Australia have recently come of a tough UAE tour where they played Pakistan. And Australia are not as bad against spin as England is. Yet we picked three full time spinners when we had Yuvraj, Raina... We lost one game badly, and we exited the tournament.

Yes the format was harsh on us, but at times it has been easy on us too. Being an Indian fan, I know that we could still have made it past the line with some proper decisions.

S

Satan666

^^Maybe just maybe you guys could have made it I really thought you could after seeing Harbhajan's performance against England but after that it was downhill, barring the big win against Pakistan.

I like your response Saisrini, blaming the facts and not feelings, decisions were bad and maybe its time to look at Dhoni's head, however the fact remains that the bowling is always weak and has always been, if this is adressed, we could probably see a legendary team, a complete team, as of now however India deserved what they got, knocked out!

Users who are viewing this thread