Sep 23 - England v India

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
India-B team smash the defending World Champions to PULPPPPP!!!!!!!! :lol Now you know that we reserve our best for the best!

LegBreakGoogly

Club Captain
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
27231227.jpg

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Why is India A2 and England A1? Shouldn't India be A1? Or is it based on the seeding of the teams prior to the tournament. That's bad. Then this was an even bigger dead rubber.

----------

India play Australia on Friday, most likely Pakistan on Sunday and South Africa next Tuesday. We are going to play the three toughest teams.

But the big news is, all our games are going to be at the Premadasa (the same ground as today) and two of those three teams are non-subcontinental teams (AUS and SA). But India can't take it easy, as all three teams are going to be the toughest of the toughest (esp. Pakistan with Ajmal, Afridi). This is going to be fun now!

----------

I heard Harsha say we face SA, Aus and Pak next. This is going to be exciting and difficult for India as all these 3 teams are dangerous! I hope we bring out our best now.

Yes... Aus and SA are confirmed. Pak is 99.99% going to be D1 coz they must be definitely seeded above New Zealand and Bangladesh (they reached the semis of the last tournament and are a top T20 team).

Epic

Panel of Selectors
Why is India A2 and England A1? Shouldn't India be A1? Or is it based on the seeding of the teams prior to the tournament. That's bad. Then this was an even bigger dead rubber.

I don't get it either.

Epic

Panel of Selectors
How the hell do these groups work, all the top teams in one group and all the others in another? :facepalm

Gurjot95

National Board President
Okay one final whinge about this format before I go. Because these matches are inconsequential, all teams that will be leading their groups - India, Australia, South Africa, Pakistan - will be in the same group of super Eights, and all teams finishing second will be in one group.

The guy who created this format is Genius.

Adarsh

Panel of Selectors
England have no hope against the subcontinental teams in the subcontinent at this rate. We saw India getting bounced out horribly in the last two WT20 championships, this is a mirror image of that.

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Well obviously, pitches in this part of the word are majorly biased to the local sides because they turn a lot. But at the end of the day, the damage hasn't been that severe for us. Yes we lost. But in the last World Cup we got out played by Ireland, were written off by everybody and we won the thing. Add to that we play Ireland/West Indies and New Zealand next and we've got a great chance of getting through to the Semis, before we play Sri Lanka in the final game. Then who knows what might happen? It could quite easily be a England, West Indies, South Africa and Australia last 4, in which case we'd have a major chance.

Like I said, this result doesn't matter one bit, wait until we bomb out before getting all excited and writing us off completely.

coolz_hari

International Coach
Well obviously, pitches in this part of the word are majorly biased to the local sides because they turn a lot. But at the end of the day, the damage hasn't been that severe for us. Yes we lost. But in the last World Cup we got out played by Ireland, were written off by everybody and we won the thing. Add to that we play Ireland/West Indies and New Zealand next and we've got a great chance of getting through to the Semis, before we play Sri Lanka in the final game. Then who knows what might happen? It could quite easily be a England, West Indies, South Africa and Australia last 4, in which case we'd have a major chance.

Like I said, this result doesn't matter one bit, wait until we bomb out before getting all excited and writing us off completely.

This part of the world weather suits for spin bowlers . It's Just like england weather suits fast bowlers .When you want to be champion team you must learn to play spin.I really think England will have tough time against india in india .

Users who are viewing this thread