Pakistan in India Dec-Jan 2012/13

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
I think you both are wasting your time explaining to him because he will not even give him credit even if Dhoni gets a 5-fer.

You are right. Cause the performance has to be consistent. He does play, he does produce a beautiful gem once in a while, but MSD has the capacity to do much more if he uses his brains a bit more. This can be achieved by coming up the order and not making stupid statements and or decisions.

I have never mentioned that MSD cannot bat. The entire discussion revolves around his captaincy. If you want,go back a few posts and you will find that the debate started when I asked the question about him leading us to 3 white-washes. The debate is on his captaincy, not his batting.

AnshtheDj

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Shami, Bhuvan,Dinda can form a good attack. But ,we need a good bowling coach to take care of them.

agreed, I like the look of these pacemen... as far as pace bowling for India is concerned, Ishant, Umesh, Dinda, BBSR, Ahmed, Aaron are going to be our future..they need to be looked after just CSA have looked after Dale Steyn over the years, also I think, these guys need to be rotated across 3-formats just like ECB does it with its bowlers.

It all boils down to having right talent identification program and having proper planning for particular series, particular format and for player with particular skill-set..although with the powers that be, these suggestion look quite utopian. :facepalm

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
Oh the Pakistani fans

It is not about being Pakistani fans, If you watch him play you will realize. So glad he retired from T20, now hoping he retires from ODI and stays just for Tests.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
agreed, I like the look of these pacemen... as far as pace bowling for India is concerned, Ishant, Umesh, Dinda, BBSR, Ahmed, Aaron are going to be our future..they need to be looked after just CSA have looked after Dale Steyn over the years, also I think, these guys need to be rotated across 3-formats just like ECB does it with its bowlers.

An overhaul of the structure, what we all have been advocating for a long long time is the need of the hour.

I don't mind even if we go the Aussie way of having certain pacers take part only in the Test matches. Identifying talent for niche spots will be the way cricket would be run in the future.

In these days, the Survival theory doesn't work anymore. A player who can hold his spot in a particular format,need not be asked to go for another format. Much like what the ECB thinks, a possibility of having 3 separate squads playing at the same time is possible in the near future.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
I dont think Misbah features in their plans for 2015. Hafeez is the most likely candidate to take over from him and that could happen mid of 2013.

crazyrahul

Club Cricketer
It was somewhat relief for Indian fans, a quiet thrilling win in a low-scoring game by Indians.. Well bowled Ravi, Bhuvan, Ishant, Ashwin & Shami :clap

Shami impressed me a lot, has a bright future, must get more opportunities in England series :thumbs

Feeling sorry for an outstanding spin bowler Saeed Ajmal, as his heroic 5-wicket haul couldn't help Pakistan :rolleyes Nonetheless awesome bowling. :cheers

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
I am afriad to say that Shami can go for Plenty against England. Dont trust on his Debut Performace. Pakistan has the Habit of making Debut Bowlers look good, As far as my Observation goes.

badvintage

International Cricketer
Pakistans bowling for 2015 is really bright, but batting looks terrible they need to start looking at more young players.

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
I dont think Misbah features in their plans for 2015. Hafeez is the most likely candidate to take over from him and that could happen mid of 2013.

I freaking hope so. If Misbah is still captain in 2015, Pakistan don't deserve to win.

Addy

National Board President
I freaking hope so. If Misbah is still captain in 2015, Pakistan don't deserve to win.
LOL in the last match, had Misbah not stayed there we would have bundled out cheaply within 100 odd by the indian trundlers ;)

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Bhuvaneshwar Kumar, Dinda and Shami Ahmed need to be persisted with. India should build a seperate pool for tests and for ODI/T20. For tests, Umesh Yadav, Ishant Sharma, Sreesanth (he is coming back; he is bowling well right now in domestic circuit), Zaheer Khan. For ODI/T20, Dinda, Bhuvaneshwar, Shami, Awana. Keep them seperate from each other. We will have to do a similar thing for spinners too. Have Ashwin for the shorter formats. Bring back Harbhajan probably for tests, and tell him you need to concentrate on only tests. Ojha in tests, Mishra in ODI's.

Users who are viewing this thread