Patch 4 Wishlist and Suggestions

Ajh1977

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
When selecting your squad, it would be handy if we had more info other than just the roles. I like the way all the skills are shown but it doesn't tell you whether they're an opener or lower order.
Also adding to this, maybe in the box on the right where the skills are shown we could toggle to see season/series/competition statistics and recent form etc.

Late-Cut

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Bangladesh
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
When selecting your squad, it would be handy if we had more info other than just the roles. I like the way all the skills are shown but it doesn't tell you whether they're an opener or lower order.
Also adding to this, maybe in the box on the right where the skills are shown we could toggle to see season/series/competition statistics and recent form etc.

Also for the bowlers when selecting next bowler.
I only see fingerspin,wristspin ext. but not the bowling hand.They should rewrite as OB(offbreak),LB(legbreak),SLA(slow left arm orthodox) ext... or add another bar for bowling hands.

An optional(we can turn on and off) mini transparent field hud while batting/bowling would save us the time to always look around the field.

Last edited:

Ajh1977

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Obviously the gameplay issues come before cosmetics but I would be happy to wait for these little details. There's so much that could be added and certainly the last patch improved the immersion with the additional stats.

DeadShot

Club Captain
Please fix below

1. Running between wickets
2. Applying fields
2a. Fixing Stamina
3. Super human wicketkeeper
4. AI getting wickets with impossible caught and bowled
5. Batsman sliding the bat before reaching the crease
6. AI batsman trying to hit boundary of last ball
7. Need to see Visible pitch wear. I don't see it even towards the end of 3rd day.
8. Show more information in sorecard overlay like current partnership
9.fix the stats and More stats

Final but important. Don't break anything which is working fine now.

Last edited:

Essexboy

Banned
Profile Flag
England
Please fix below

2. Applying fields
2a. Fixing Stamina
7. Need to see Visible pitch wear. I don't see it even towards the end of 3rd day.

This pretty much reasonable.

gogabutt

Club Captain
@BigAntStudios: I would like to see some game play related fix in patch 4 so my wish list includes the following. The goal is to bring the game play as much as closer to the real game.

Note: I mostly play ODIs with batting and blowing difficulty = Hard at either veteran or legend level so my observations are solely based on the gameplay for these settings.

AI Bowling:
1. Too many wide balls by AI fast/medium bowlers in every over (even at legend level). Some of them are not actually wide balls but given as wide balls (Must Fix)
2. No balls frequency is more than what we see in the actual game. so if we can limit the no balls to 3-4 per game it should be good enough. (Nice to Have)
3. There are many instances where I was a plumb LBW but the AI did not even appeal for LBW. There should be more LBW appeals whenever the ball hits the pads. (Must Fix)
4. Ball hits the bat and pad but it dies right there. There should be a chance for catch out on such instances. (Nice to Have)

AI Fielding:
1. Very frequently the AI keeper does not attempt to collect the bouncer balls towards the leg side and let it go for four byes. (Must Fix)
2. The direct throw run outs should happens more frequently whenever the batsmen try to take a risky single within the circle. Currently, the AI fielder collects the balls and throws it which often misses the stumps. (Must Fix)
3. AI keeper and bowler do not react quickly to run out/stump the batsman after collecting the ball. (Must Fix)
4. The frequency of dropping catches by AI fielders should be reduced to maybe 1 per game (mostly in the slip positions). The easy catch should not be dropped within the circle at all. (Must Fix)
5. One hand flying catches by AI fielders. These should be taken properly with both hands just like in real cricket. (Nice to Have)
6. Over throw fours should be a once in a blue moon thing. (Nice to Have)

Cosmetics:

2. Full sleeves shirts and vest variations option. This feature is present but does not work. (Must Fix)
3. Sun glasses wearing option is available but does not work. (Optional)

Last edited:

Zaneo

Club Captain
@BigAntStudios: I would like to see some game play related fix in patch 4 so my wish list includes the following. The goal is to bring the game play as much as closer to the real game.

Note: I mostly play ODIs with batting and blowing difficulty = Hard at either veteran or legend level so my observations are solely based on the gameplay for these settings.

AI Bowling:
1. Too many wide balls by AI fast/medium bowlers in every over (even at legend level). Some of them are not actually wide balls but given as wide balls (Must Fix)
2. No balls frequency is more than what we see in the actual game. so if we can limit the no balls to 3-4 per game it should be good enough. (Nice to Have)
3. There are many instances where I was a plumb LBW but the AI did not even appeal for LBW. There should be more LBW appeals whenever the ball hits the pads. (Must Fix)
4. Ball hits the bat and pad but it dies right there. There should be a chance for catch out on such instances. (Nice to Have)

AI Fielding:
1. Very frequently the AI keeper does not attempt to collect the bouncer balls towards the leg side and let it go for four byes. (Must Fix)
2. The direct throw run outs should happens more frequently whenever the batsmen try to take a risky single within the circle. Currently, the AI fielder collects the balls and throws it which often misses the stumps. (Must Fix)
3. AI keeper and bowler do not react quickly to run out/stump the batsman after collecting the ball. (Must Fix)
4. The frequency of dropping catches by AI fielders should be reduced to maybe 1 per game (mostly in the slip positions). The easy catch should not be dropped within the circle at all. (Must Fix)
5. One hand flying catches by AI fielders. These should be taken properly with both hands just like in real cricket. (Nice to Have)
6. Over throw fours should be a once in a blue moon thing. (Nice to Have)

Cosmetics:

2. Full sleeves shirts and vest variations option. This feature is present but does not work. (Must Fix)
3. Sun glasses wearing option is available but does not work. (Optional)
I agree with pretty much all your suggestions other than the direct hits from fielders ive noticed a huge increase in these since patch 3 also noticed certain fielders from certain teams hit alot but i wouldn't want to see extreme high rates of directors hits just not realistic . But other then that you make some great points

Shane109

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
1. Glasses/sunglasses don't work at all. Selected them in the academy but they don't show up on any player when batting or fielding.
2. Let us select kits for every game mode. Sometimes we don't to wear the default kit.
3. Ability to put player's names under their numbers (like BBL) is missing.
4. Can't make players not use team colours for hats/equipment. eg, Can't make a player wear a white hat in all game modes, or wear individually coloured gloves to match their bat, etc.
5. Team editor badly needs a "recently used" or "team colours" option for colours, so that we don't have to fiddle around with the touchy sliders for every single item of equipment. Considering when choosing your team colours you have to pick a few primary colours, would be great to have the option to just select from those when doing pads, hats, etc, rather than moving the sliders to the same colours every single time. Would reduce the time it takes to create a team by at least 50% surely.

DeadShot

Club Captain
Please add an Warning message to get confirmation on do you want to simulate. This is w.r.t simulation outside the game. For Example: Tour mode

Yesterday, I mistakenly pressed triangle button and the one of the test match got simulated.

Bluebagger

International Coach
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
@BigAntStudios:

The AI appeals for anything. I will defend a ball that pitches a foot outside of leg stump and the AI appeals. It's incredibly annoying.

karolkarol

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
Ireland (Cricket)
Good succinct list. I'd probably add spin bowlers switching between over and round the wicket, especially left armers.

Please fix below

2. Applying fields
2a. Fixing Stamina

Struggling to care less about this list. Could maybe be implemented in patch 47 rather than patch 4.

1. Glasses/sunglasses don't work at all. Selected them in the academy but they don't show up on any player when batting or fielding.
2. Let us select kits for every game mode. Sometimes we don't to wear the default kit.
3. Ability to put player's names under their numbers (like BBL) is missing.
4. Can't make players not use team colours for hats/equipment. eg, Can't make a player wear a white hat in all game modes, or wear individually coloured gloves to match their bat, etc.
5. Team editor badly needs a "recently used" or "team colours" option for colours, so that we don't have to fiddle around with the touchy sliders for every single item of equipment. Considering when choosing your team colours you have to pick a few primary colours, would be great to have the option to just select from those when doing pads, hats, etc, rather than moving the sliders to the same colours every single time. Would reduce the time it takes to create a team by at least 50% surely.

Users who are viewing this thread