PC T20 Tournament

jaraarrow

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Jara, I agree with you but I used it because I have faced it as well. :( Lets have a rematch otherwise I am also quitting from tourny as its not important for me to win but its important to play fair, play within rules.
Dont be silly,play the final and good luck.
Can i just say you played well and deserve your place in the final.(batting was first class)
Its just the tactics u used with your spinner spoilt the game somewhat.
The thing is you probably would have won without reverting to those tactics.
As i said good luck and enjoy the final.

Last edited:

Dabi

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I used it against Dabi as well. But he didn't said anything otherwise I wud have stopped using that.

I know you used the same tactics against me as well and I wasn't happy either. The reason I didn't mention it was because the rules we created didn't discuss those particular tatics so technically it was fair as per the rules of our tournament. However I agree with jara, it was not within the spirit of the game and thus should not have been used.

Dabi added 4 Minutes and 30 Seconds later...

The rules are being broken imo,late cursor movement was used in one of my other games also.

I agree, players occasionally tend to use the late cursor movement when the batsman moves and thus breaking the rules. I believe that for our next tournament we should have better defined rules or have no rules at all!

indian 11

Club Cricketer
I know you used the same tactics against me as well and I wasn't happy either. The reason I didn't mention it was because the rules we created didn't discuss those particular tatics so technically it was fair as per the rules of our tournament. However I agree with jara, it was not within the spirit of the game and thus should not have been used.

Dabi added 4 Minutes and 30 Seconds later...

I agree, players occasionally tend to use the late cursor movement when the batsman moves and thus breaking the rules. I believe that for our next tournament we should have better defined rules or have no rules at all!

With little practice you can still score 15-20 runs with those tactics but to some extent I agree that those were not right tactics in the spirit of game, sorry for that.

I think to avoid negative tactics, we can do one thing. I think custom fileds should not be allowed and if allowed then atleast 4 fileders should be there on either side. That will give enough opportunity to batsmen to hit even if someone is bowling negatively. Also we shud not bowl close to the stumps as that runs a risk of match to be abandoned due to some bug.

And for cursor movement, Dabi, I think people are not moving the cursor at last moment. Sometimes it was because of Lag. For eg, last night I was having a game with reno and whenever he bowls a bouncer, I could have only see his cursor moved till good length where as actually he was moving cursor for bouncer. Don't know how to solve this problem...

Last edited:

Dabi

Club Captain
I know I could score 15-20 runs against those tactics but I also know that when I need 20 odd per over with the fast bowler's overs still remaining, I need to whack the spinner for more than 15-20 and the point is that normal tactics if used can see the spinner going for more than 20 easy. Anyway we'll sort all this out after this tournament.

jaraarrow

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Game

I know I could score 15-20 runs against those tactics but I also know that when I need 20 odd per over with the fast bowler's overs still remaining, I need to whack the spinner for more than 15-20 and the point is that normal tactics if used can see the spinner going for more than 20 easy. Anyway we'll sort all this out after this tournament.

What irked me was not just the packed offside field,but on a couple of occasions the ball was bowled so wide that my batsman(advanced shot)could not reach the ball.
Therefore with lag etc the batsman could not get back in the crease in time and was stumped.(lost 2 wickets due to this).Anyway i dont want to harp on about this,lessons are learned hopefully.:)

indian 11

Club Cricketer
What irked me was not just the packed offside field,but on a couple of occasions the ball was bowled so wide that my batsman(advanced shot)could not reach the ball.
Therefore with lag etc the batsman could not get back in the crease in time and was stumped.(lost 2 wickets due to this).Anyway i dont want to harp on about this,lessons are learned hopefully.:)

Yep, will keep that in mind for future. And Jara thanks for letting this issue go away and for not having any hard feelings. :)

renoldino

Club Cricketer
Dabi, no offense but I was 180/6 in 17 overs when the match disconnected. any way it seems like you don't want to go with the rules too. there were al lot of cursor moments after you bowled. anyway you can take it as your win as I 'm not available till sunday you can play the final. Good Luck

Last edited:

Dabi

Club Captain
Dabi, no offense but I was 180/6 in 17 overs when the match disconnected. any way it seems like you don't want to go with the rules too. there were al lot of cursor moments after you bowled. anyway you can take it as your win as I 'm not available till sunday you can play the final. Good Luck

180/7 not 6.

If you think 210 is a good total and you would've won mate that simply isn't true.
Yes there was a lot of cursor movements but I'd appreciate if you would've asked me first why there was movement rather than just assuming I don't like to follow the rules. My gamepad has completely gone awry, I had two options, either bowl at the default position or try my best to control the joystick. Those movements occured when I was trying to bowl anyplace other than the defualt position. Otherwise no sane man would come around the wicket and bowl outisde legstump with fine leg and square leg inside the circle. I'd appreciate if we could play right now since you're online. Although I must warn you there will be cursor movements, you can do the same if you want to but I can't help it for the moment since my gamepad is completely screwed, I'll get a new one tomorrow.

renoldino

Club Cricketer
ok I never said you cannot score what I have. so as I already told you, take the win and play the final. and FYI I'm not a psychic to know how your gamepad works as soon you realize something wrong with your gamepad you should have quit the match but you didn't. so good luck with the Finals

Users who are viewing this thread