Round 8 - Dublin Destroyers vs. Toronto Tanks @ Rebbit Gardens (26/11/09)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I have actually already said that we would go for the same line up. Nice to see some people commenting :sarcasm

shantanu_rooney

Chairman of Selectors
Dublin Destroyers vs. Toronto Tanks

@ Rebbit Gardens, Pitch: Uneven

0.1 Malcolm Marshall to Holdenator, Tries to work it off his legs, misses, and the fielders go up in appeal! It has to be out, it HAS to be out! NOOOOO! The umpire is unmoved! Gosh that must have been close. (0)
0.2 Malcolm Marshall to Holdenator, Nice yorker! The batsmen gets a thin inside edge and the ball flies past the legstump and the keeper. Fine leg fields to keep it down to two. (2)
0.3 Malcolm Marshall to Holdenator, Good slower ball, the batsman doesn't pick it up. Still gets a single though. (1)
0.4 Malcolm Marshall to Bilal91, Slapped away through the offside for a glorious boundary! Lovely shot. The captain's fuming now and removes a man from third slip to cover that region. (4)
0.5 Malcolm Marshall to Bilal91, Tucked away to the leg side, they're running hard, but only manage a single. (1)
0.6 Malcolm Marshall to Holdenator, , Leg Byes, another 1 run(s) (1)

End of over 1
Toronto Tanks 9/0 (RR : 9)
Holdenator 3 (3b)
Bilal91 5 (2b)
Malcolm Marshall 1-0-8-0

1.1 Bart King to Bilal91, And time for the reverse-sweep! Quite a daring and often needless shot if you ask me, but the batsman pulls it off well enough to get two more. (2)
1.2 Bart King to Bilal91, They're running hard, excellent throw, and he's out!

Bilal91 run out Bart King
Runs : 7 Balls : 4 S/R : 175 (0)

1.3 Bart King to Insomniac, Hit hard but straight to the fielder, who fires a throw back in immediately. The batsmen try to scrable through for a single, but they're caught short! Brilliant fielding, and a wicket for the fielding side!

Insomniac run out Gary123
Runs : 0 Balls : 1 S/R : 0 (0)

1.4 Bart King to mattfb, Oh that was a dolly of a catch, and the fielder makes no mistake. Back to the nets for the batsman.

mattfb c Biggy b Bart King

1.5 Bart King to Ian Botham, Ah, the quicker ball. The batsman was late on it. No run. (0)
1.6 Bart King to Ian Botham, Uppercut over the slip fielders and away for four! Cheeky shot! (4)

End of over 2
Toronto Tanks 15/3 (RR : 7.5)
Ian Botham 4 (2b)
Holdenator 3 (3b)
Bart King 1-0-6-1

2.1 Malcolm Marshall to Holdenator, Oh that was a dolly of a catch, and the fielder makes no mistake. Back to the nets for the batsman.

Holdenator c Hooper b Malcolm Marshall
Runs : 3 Balls : 4 S/R : 75 (0)

2.2 Malcolm Marshall to Imran Khan, No Run, excellent bowling. (0)
2.3 Malcolm Marshall to Imran Khan, Inside edge, and past the stumps. The batsmen take a quick single (1)
2.4 Malcolm Marshall to Ian Botham, , No Ball. Pah, that was a useless shot! I've seen better batters in my fridge! No run. (0)
2.4 Malcolm Marshall to Ian Botham, , Leg Byes, another 2 run(s) (2)
2.5 Malcolm Marshall to Imran Khan, That was a very good delivery. (0)
2.6 Malcolm Marshall to Imran Khan, Pah, that was a useless shot! I've seen better batters in my fridge! No run. (0)

End of over 3
Toronto Tanks 19/4 (RR : 6.33)
Imran Khan 1 (4b)
Ian Botham 4 (3b)
Malcolm Marshall 2-0-10-1

3.1 Bart King to Ian Botham, He's skied it, too high, there's a fielder coming under it, takes it comfortably!

Ian Botham c Jack Hobbs b Bart King
Runs : 4 Balls : 4 S/R : 100 (0)

3.2 Bart King to Hitterman, That's skied, but he's dropped it! Two more runs. (2)
3.3 Bart King to Hitterman, Clipped off the legs, the batsmen get two. (2)
3.4 Bart King to Hitterman, The batsman calls for a single, but hesitates and nearly gets his partner run out! An effort that would make Owais Shah proud! No run. (0)
3.5 Bart King to Hitterman, And the batsman unveils the sweep shot, and it's done beautifully too! Four more! (4)
3.6 Bart King to Hitterman, Full and on the toes, the batsman just flicks it past the now-vacant short fine leg region for four runs! The captain is fuming, and it's right after he took the fielder out of there! (4)

End of over 4
Toronto Tanks 31/5 (RR : 7.75)
Hitterman 12 (5b)
Imran Khan 1 (4b)
Bart King 2-0-18-2

4.1 Malcolm Marshall to Imran Khan, Rubbish ball, short and on the legs, flicked away with ease. Four more. (4)
4.2 Malcolm Marshall to Imran Khan, Ah, the quicker ball. The batsman was late on it. No run. (0)
4.3 Malcolm Marshall to Imran Khan, No shot offered. (0)
4.4 Malcolm Marshall to Imran Khan, That one deviated sharply of the pitch, the batsman had no chance of playing that. Dot ball. (0)
4.5 Malcolm Marshall to Imran Khan, Top edge...and gone!

Imran Khan c barmyarmy b Malcolm Marshall
Runs : 5 Balls : 9 S/R : 55.56 (0)

4.6 Malcolm Marshall to Wolf, He's slogged that down to cow corner. Long on runs in to field, and the batsmen get two. The captain is clearly not very happy with his fielder's effort there. (2)

End of over 5
Toronto Tanks 37/6 (RR : 7.4)
Wolf 2 (1b)
Hitterman 12 (5b)
Malcolm Marshall 3-0-16-2

5.1 Bart King to Hitterman, The bowlers runs in, the batsman taps his bat, and...oooohhhh! An aeroplane! Huh, what? Oh right, no run it seems. (0)
5.2 Bart King to Hitterman, Scorching bouncer, the batsman clearly didn't expect that and just sways out of the way at the last moment! (0)
5.3 Bart King to Hitterman, Short ball, cut away for a run. (1)
5.4 Bart King to Wolf, The batsman looks surprised that that ball wasn't called a wide. The bowler's grinning as he makes his way back to his mark. (0)
5.5 Bart King to Wolf, Swing and a miss. No run. (0)
5.6 Bart King to Wolf, The batsman calls for a single, but hesitates and nearly gets his partner run out! An effort that would make Owais Shah proud! No run. (0)

End of over 6
Toronto Tanks 38/6 (RR : 6.33)
Wolf 2 (4b)
Hitterman 13 (8b)
Bart King 3-0-19-2

6.1 Leverocks to Hitterman, EDGED AND TAKE...DROPPED! The keeper drops it! A simple chance and he fluffs it! Deary me. The batsmen steal a single while laughing, the bowler has his hands on his head... (1)
6.2 Leverocks to Wolf, Fired that one in full and on the offstump, the batsman can just squeeze it away to cover. No run. (0)
6.3 Leverocks to Wolf, Tucked away to the leg side, they're running hard, but only manage a single. (1)
6.4 Leverocks to Hitterman, Perfect yorker on the leg stump. (0)
6.5 Leverocks to Hitterman, Full, almost yorker-length delivery outside offstump. Th batsman drives it hard and square of the wicket. Two more. (2)
6.6 Leverocks to Hitterman, And the camera pans to show a hot chick in Row C. Rumours have it that she is either Zorax's date for the night, or an assasin out to kill him. I guess we'll find out one way or another by tommorrow...oh, right. No run. (0)

End of over 7
Toronto Tanks 42/6 (RR : 6)
Hitterman 16 (12b)
Wolf 3 (6b)
Leverocks 1-0-4-0

7.1 Hooper to Wolf, He's hit that high and hard...the fielder is coming underneath it...will he catch it? NOOOO! He spills the chance! And to add insult to injury, the ball rolls away for four runs. The bowler is fuming! (4)
7.2 Hooper to Wolf, Short and pulled away for a single (1)
7.3 Hooper to Hitterman, ......what? Why are you looking at me like that? Oh right! The commentary! Umm...looks like that was a dot ball! No run. Now leave me alone. (0)
7.4 Hooper to Hitterman, Placed nicely into the gap. Two runs. (2)
7.5 Hooper to Hitterman, BANG! The batsman absolutely nailed that shot! Luckily for the bowler there is a man in the deep, so only two runs. (2)
7.6 Hooper to Hitterman, He walks across his stumps trying to paddle it away, but misses it. And the keeper's appealing! There was a sound as the ball passed the batsman, and the umpire is unmoved. Replays show it was off the pad. Good call. (0)

End of over 8
Toronto Tanks 51/6 (RR : 6.38)
Hitterman 20 (16b)
Wolf 8 (8b)
Hooper 1-0-9-0

8.1 barmyarmy to Wolf, BANG! The batsman absolutely nailed that shot! Luckily for the bowler there is a man in the deep, so only two runs. (2)
8.2 barmyarmy to Wolf, The batsman looks surprised that that ball wasn't called a wide. The bowler's grinning as he makes his way back to his mark. (0)
8.3 barmyarmy to Wolf, I'd like to thank the lady in Seat 27 Row D for the fabulous cake she's sent us! Triple Chocolate Fudge with Mint, my favourite! Oh, and no run. (0)
8.4 barmyarmy to Wolf, I'd like to thank the lady in Seat 27 Row D for the fabulous cake she's sent us! Triple Chocolate Fudge with Mint, my favourite! Oh, and no run. (0)
8.5 barmyarmy to Wolf, GOT HIM!! Oh no, wait, sorry. It's just a dot ball. My bad. (0)
8.6 barmyarmy to Wolf, One more to the total. (1)

End of over 9
Toronto Tanks 54/6 (RR : 6)
Hitterman 20 (16b)
Wolf 11 (14b)
barmyarmy 1-0-3-0

9.1 Hooper to Wolf, Driven down the ground to long-on, the batsmen get only one (1)
9.2 Hooper to Hitterman, Hammered down the ground. Two more. (2)
9.3 Hooper to Hitterman, Biffed down to long-off, easy single. (1)
9.4 Hooper to Wolf, Tries to late cut that away but misses it, and the ball thuds into the keeper's gloves. No run. (0)
9.5 Hooper to Wolf, Oooh! Good ball, yorker length delivery on the legstump. The batsman just barely gets his bat down on time, and the non striker urges him through for a quick single. (1)
9.6 Hooper to Hitterman, , No Ball. Full, almost yorker-length delivery outside offstump. Th batsman drives it hard and square of the wicket. Two more. (2)
9.6 Hooper to Hitterman, Played to deep cover. Two runs. (2)

End of over 10
Toronto Tanks 64/6 (RR : 6.4)
Hitterman 27 (20b)
Wolf 13 (17b)
Hooper 2-0-19-0

10.1 Biggy to Wolf, Full, wide, the batsman slashes hard and edges it through the slips! Third man tidies up and the batsmen run three. The captain decides to move the man from short fine leg to the slips, he's looking for a wicket here. (3)
10.2 Biggy to Hitterman, Scorching bouncer, the batsman clearly didn't expect that and just sways out of the way at the last moment! (0)
10.3 Biggy to Hitterman, Yorker full and outside offstump, the batsman just squeezes it away for a quick single to cover. (1)
10.4 Biggy to Wolf, I'd like to complement the gentleman in Seat 24 Row A for being so sharply dressed in that Armani Suit. Especially in this heat. Great show...huh? What's that? Oh right, the batsmen took a single, I think. (1)
10.5 Biggy to Hitterman, The batsman calls for a single, but hesitates and nearly gets his partner run out! An effort that would make Owais Shah proud! No run. (0)
10.6 Biggy to Hitterman, Yorker full and outside offstump, the batsman just squeezes it away for a quick single to cover. (1)

End of over 11
Toronto Tanks 70/6 (RR : 6.36)
Wolf 17 (19b)
Hitterman 29 (24b)
Biggy 1-0-6-0

11.1 Hooper to Hitterman, Neat little late cut, beats the slip and short third man. The batsmen get two. (2)
11.2 Hooper to Hitterman, Swing and a miss. No run. (0)
11.3 Hooper to Hitterman, That's a single. (1)
11.4 Hooper to Wolf, Very well bowled. (0)
11.5 Hooper to Wolf, Tucked away to the leg side, they're running hard, but only manage a single. (1)
11.6 Hooper to Hitterman, Full, wide, the batsman flails at it and finds the edge! But the ball flies between the keeper and slip, who just stare at each other as the ball runs away for four! Unlucky! (4)

End of over 12
Toronto Tanks 78/6 (RR : 6.5)
Hitterman 36 (28b)
Wolf 18 (21b)
Hooper 3-0-27-0

12.1 barmyarmy to Wolf, Good ball, he goes for the cut, it's too close to cut, he's inside edged it, and it misses the stumps by a whisker! The keeper tidies up and there is no run. Phew that was close. (0)
12.2 barmyarmy to Wolf, Tucked to off side, one more. (1)
12.3 barmyarmy to Hitterman, Fired that one in full and on the offstump, the batsman can just squeeze it away to cover. No run. (0)
12.4 barmyarmy to Hitterman, It's in the air...the fielder comes under it...will he catch it? NOOOO! He spills the chance! The batsmen come back for a third run laughing while the humiliated fielder tosses the ball back in. (3)
12.5 barmyarmy to Wolf, The batsman looks surprised that that ball wasn't called a wide. The bowler's grinning as he makes his way back to his mark. (0)
12.6 barmyarmy to Wolf, Short, wide, you know the drill. 4 runs. (4)

End of over 13
Toronto Tanks 86/6 (RR : 6.62)
Wolf 23 (25b)
Hitterman 39 (30b)
barmyarmy 2-0-11-0

13.1 Leverocks to Hitterman, Pah, that was a useless shot! I've seen better batters in my fridge! No run. (0)
13.2 Leverocks to Hitterman, Slower ball, made the batsman look like a giant moronical half-brained dim wit. No run. (0)
13.3 Leverocks to Hitterman, Good length delivery on the stumps, the batsman just leans forward and drives it past mid-on for four more. Lovely shot. (4)
13.4 Leverocks to Hitterman, Good ball, he goes for the cut, it's too close to cut, he's inside edged it, and it misses the stumps by a whisker! The keeper tidies up and there is no run. Phew that was close. (0)
13.5 Leverocks to Hitterman, That's a single. (1)
13.6 Leverocks to Wolf, Chipped, and lands safe. Two runs in the mean while. (2)

End of over 14
Toronto Tanks 93/6 (RR : 6.64)
Wolf 25 (26b)
Hitterman 44 (35b)
Leverocks 2-0-11-0

14.1 Hooper to Hitterman, Yorker full and outside offstump, the batsman just squeezes it away for a quick single to cover. (1)
14.2 Hooper to Wolf, Driven down the ground to long-on, the batsmen get only one (1)
14.3 Hooper to Hitterman, Slower ball, made the batsman look like a giant moronical half-brained dim wit. No run. (0)
14.4 Hooper to Hitterman, ......what? Why are you looking at me like that? Oh right! The commentary! Umm...looks like that was a dot ball! No run. Now leave me alone. (0)
14.5 Hooper to Hitterman, Slower ball, made the batsman look like a giant moronical half-brained dim wit. No run. (0)
14.6 Hooper to Hitterman, Gosh, how unlucky can you be. He's absolutely nailed that, but straight to the fielder. No run. (0)

End of over 15
Toronto Tanks 95/6 (RR : 6.33)
Hitterman 45 (40b)
Wolf 26 (27b)
Hooper 4-0-29-0

15.1 barmyarmy to Wolf, Oooh! Good ball, yorker length delivery on the legstump. The batsman just barely gets his bat down on time, and the non striker urges him through for a quick single. (1)
15.2 barmyarmy to Hitterman, He walks across his stumps trying to paddle it away, but misses it. And the keeper's appealing! There was a sound as the ball passed the batsman, and the umpire is unmoved. Replays show it was off the pad. Good call. (0)
15.3 barmyarmy to Hitterman, Gosh, how unlucky can you be. He's absolutely nailed that, but straight to the fielder. No run. (0)
15.4 barmyarmy to Hitterman, ......what? Why are you looking at me like that? Oh right! The commentary! Umm...looks like that was a dot ball! No run. Now leave me alone. (0)
15.5 barmyarmy to Hitterman, Inside edge, and past the stumps. The batsmen take a quick single (1)
15.6 barmyarmy to Wolf, Very well bowled. (0)

End of over 16
Toronto Tanks 97/6 (RR : 6.06)
Wolf 27 (29b)
Hitterman 46 (44b)
barmyarmy 3-0-13-0

16.1 Leverocks to Hitterman, Short and pulled away for a single (1)
16.2 Leverocks to Wolf, Tries to late cut that away but misses it, and the ball thuds into the keeper's gloves. No run. (0)
16.3 Leverocks to Wolf, Fired that one in full and on the offstump, the batsman can just squeeze it away to cover. No run. (0)
16.4 Leverocks to Wolf, Good shot, bad placement. Won't get a run for that. (0)
16.5 Leverocks to Wolf, That one deviated sharply of the pitch, the batsman had no chance of playing that. Dot ball. (0)
16.6 Leverocks to Wolf, Slower ball, made the batsman look like a giant moronical half-brained dim wit. No run. (0)

End of over 17
Toronto Tanks 98/6 (RR : 5.76)
Wolf 27 (34b)
Hitterman 47 (45b)
Leverocks 3-0-12-0

17.1 barmyarmy to Hitterman, ......what? Why are you looking at me like that? Oh right! The commentary! Umm...looks like that was a dot ball! No run. Now leave me alone. (0)
17.2 barmyarmy to Hitterman, Gosh, how unlucky can you be. He's absolutely nailed that, but straight to the fielder. No run. (0)
17.3 barmyarmy to Hitterman, GOT HIM!! Oh no, wait, sorry. It's just a dot ball. My bad. (0)
17.4 barmyarmy to Hitterman, Tucked on the leg side, two more to the total. (2)
17.5 barmyarmy to Hitterman, Clipped off the legs, the batsmen get two. (2)
17.6 barmyarmy to Hitterman, Gosh, how unlucky can you be. He's absolutely nailed that, but straight to the fielder. No run. (0)

End of over 18
Toronto Tanks 102/6 (RR : 5.67)
Hitterman 51 (51b)
Wolf 27 (34b)
barmyarmy 4-0-17-0

18.1 Malcolm Marshall to Wolf, GOT HIM!! Oh no, wait, sorry. It's just a dot ball. My bad. (0)
18.2 Malcolm Marshall to Wolf, The batsman calls for a single, but hesitates and nearly gets his partner run out! An effort that would make Owais Shah proud! No run. (0)
18.3 Malcolm Marshall to Wolf, ......what? Why are you looking at me like that? Oh right! The commentary! Umm...looks like that was a dot ball! No run. Now leave me alone. (0)
18.4 Malcolm Marshall to Wolf, , No Ball. Out a no ball! (0)
18.4 Malcolm Marshall to Wolf, ......what? Why are you looking at me like that? Oh right! The commentary! Umm...looks like that was a dot ball! No run. Now leave me alone. (0)
18.5 Malcolm Marshall to Wolf, Splendid shot for four! (4)
18.6 Malcolm Marshall to Wolf, Beaten by pace! Fired in full and quicker, the batsman is late to get his bat down and the stumps are in a mess! Excellent bowling!

Wolf b Malcolm Marshall
Runs : 31 Balls : 41 S/R : 75.61 (0)

End of over 19
Toronto Tanks 107/7 (RR : 5.63)
WestIndia 0 (0b)
Hitterman 51 (51b)
Malcolm Marshall 4-0-21-3

19.1 Bart King to Hitterman, Pah, that was a useless shot! I've seen better batters in my fridge! No run. (0)
19.2 Bart King to Hitterman, Hammered down the ground. Two more. (2)
19.3 Bart King to Hitterman, Slower ball, made the batsman look like a giant moronical half-brained dim wit. No run. (0)
19.4 Bart King to Hitterman, Swing and a miss. No run. (0)
19.5 Bart King to Hitterman, Hammered down the ground. Two more. (2)
19.6 Bart King to Hitterman, Tucked on the leg side, two more to the total. (2)

End of over 20
Toronto Tanks 113/7 (RR : 5.65)
Hitterman 57 (57b)
WestIndia 0 (0b)
Bart King 4-0-25-2

The final scorecard for first innings was :
Score: 113
Wickets : 7
Overs : 20.0

shantanu_rooney

Chairman of Selectors
The second innings begins now

0.1 Imran Khan to Simbazz, Driven down the ground to long-on, the batsmen get only one (1)
0.2 Imran Khan to Highlander999, Flicked off his hips through the vacant square leg region for two runs. The captain decides to remove a man from gully to cover up that spot. (2)
0.3 Imran Khan to Highlander999, No Run, excellent bowling. (0)
0.4 Imran Khan to Highlander999, , No Ball. Nice yorker! The batsmen gets a thin inside edge and the ball flies past the legstump and the keeper. Fine leg fields to keep it down to two. (2)
0.4 Imran Khan to Highlander999, Gosh, how unlucky can you be. He's absolutely nailed that, but straight to the fielder. No run. (0)
0.5 Imran Khan to Highlander999, Good slower ball, the batsman doesn't pick it up. Still gets a single though. (1)
0.6 Imran Khan to Simbazz, Pah, that was a useless shot! I've seen better batters in my fridge! No run. (0)

End of over 1
Dublin Destroyers 7/0 (RR : 7) Required RR(5.58)
Simbazz 1 (2b)
Highlander999 5 (5b)
Imran Khan 1-0-7-0

1.1 Ian Botham to Highlander999, Oooh! Good ball, yorker length delivery on the legstump. The batsman just barely gets his bat down on time, and the non striker urges him through for a quick single. (1)
1.2 Ian Botham to Simbazz, No Run, excellent bowling. (0)
1.3 Ian Botham to Simbazz, Good running, two runs. (2)
1.4 Ian Botham to Simbazz, GOT HIM! Clean bowled!

Simbazz b Ian Botham
Runs : 3 Balls : 5 S/R : 60 (0)

1.5 Ian Botham to Jack Hobbs, Ah, great ball. It bounced more than the batsman expected it to, causing him to check his shot at the last moment and lob the ball into the air for an easy catch.

Jack Hobbs c Imran Khan b Ian Botham

1.6 Ian Botham to Offcutters, EDGED AND TAKEN! Safe pair of hands there behind the stumps, he doesn't drop many of those!

Offcutters c Holdenator b Ian Botham

End of over 2
Dublin Destroyers 10/3 (RR : 5) Required RR(5.72)
Gary123 0 (0b)
Highlander999 6 (6b)
Ian Botham 1-0-3-3

2.1 Imran Khan to Highlander999, No shot offered. (0)
2.2 Imran Khan to Highlander999, That one deviated sharply of the pitch, the batsman had no chance of playing that. Dot ball. (0)
2.3 Imran Khan to Highlander999, Tucked to off side, one more. (1)
2.4 Imran Khan to Gary123, Yorker full and outside offstump, the batsman just squeezes it away for a quick single to cover. (1)
2.5 Imran Khan to Highlander999, Beautiful shot! Down the ground, easy four for the batsman. (4)
2.6 Imran Khan to Highlander999, , No Ball. out a no ball! (4)
2.6 Imran Khan to Highlander999, And time for the reverse-sweep! Quite a daring and often needless shot if you ask me, but the batsman pulls it off well enough to get two more. (2)

End of over 3
Dublin Destroyers 23/3 (RR : 7.67) Required RR(5.29)
Highlander999 17 (12b)
Gary123 1 (1b)
Imran Khan 2-0-20-0

3.1 Ian Botham to Gary123, The batsman has a wild slog, and gets enough to send the ball to the fence for four! Not the best looking shot, but it certainly was effective. (4)
3.2 Ian Botham to Gary123, Full toss, the batsman doesn't cash in and hits it straight to the man in the deep. Only one. (1)
3.3 Ian Botham to Highlander999, And that's going all the way, four runs! (4)
3.4 Ian Botham to Highlander999, Oh that was a dolly of a catch, and the fielder makes no mistake. Back to the nets for the batsman.

Highlander999 c Bilal91 b Ian Botham
Runs : 21 Balls : 14 S/R : 150 (0)

3.5 Ian Botham to Biggy, Full toss, the batsman doesn't cash in and hits it straight to the man in the deep. Only one. (1)
3.6 Ian Botham to Gary123, The bowler appeals, and the finger of death has lifted.

Gary123 lbw Ian Botham
Runs : 6 Balls : 4 S/R : 150 (0)

End of over 4
Dublin Destroyers 33/5 (RR : 8.25) Required RR(5)
Hooper 0 (0b)
Biggy 1 (1b)
Ian Botham 2-0-13-5

4.1 Imran Khan to Biggy, Fired that one in full and on the offstump, the batsman can just squeeze it away to cover. No run. (0)
4.2 Imran Khan to Biggy, Short ball, worked off the hips for a single (1)
4.3 Imran Khan to Hooper, That one deviated sharply of the pitch, the batsman had no chance of playing that. Dot ball. (0)
4.4 Imran Khan to Hooper, I don't think he'll be attempting any more bouncers after that. The batsman has hooked that away magnificently for six! (6)
4.5 Imran Khan to Hooper, Fired that one in full and on the offstump, the batsman can just squeeze it away to cover. No run. (0)
4.6 Imran Khan to Hooper, Edged and over the slip fielder! Two runs while third man tidies up. (2)

End of over 5
Dublin Destroyers 42/5 (RR : 8.4) Required RR(4.73)
Hooper 8 (4b)
Biggy 2 (3b)
Imran Khan 3-0-29-0

5.1 Ian Botham to Biggy, Delicate little late cut, well placed. Quick single taken. (1)
5.2 Ian Botham to Hooper, One more to the total. (1)
5.3 Ian Botham to Biggy, One more to the total. (1)
5.4 Ian Botham to Hooper, That's skied, but he's dropped it! Two more runs. (2)
5.5 Ian Botham to Hooper, Short ball, worked off the hips for a single (1)
5.6 Ian Botham to Biggy, Rubbish ball, short and on the legs, flicked away with ease. Four more. (4)

End of over 6
Dublin Destroyers 52/5 (RR : 8.67) Required RR(4.36)
Biggy 8 (6b)
Hooper 12 (7b)
Ian Botham 3-0-23-5

6.1 Ayub 95 to Hooper, Slower ball, made the batsman look like a giant moronical half-brained dim wit. No run. (0)
6.2 Ayub 95 to Hooper, Gosh, how unlucky can you be. He's absolutely nailed that, but straight to the fielder. No run. (0)
6.3 Ayub 95 to Hooper, Edged and over the slip fielder! Two runs while third man tidies up. (2)
6.4 Ayub 95 to Hooper, The batsman calls for a single, but hesitates and nearly gets his partner run out! An effort that would make Owais Shah proud! No run. (0)
6.5 Ayub 95 to Hooper, Good slower ball, the batsman doesn't pick it up. Still gets a single though. (1)
6.6 Ayub 95 to Biggy, Good shot, bad placement. Won't get a run for that. (0)

End of over 7
Dublin Destroyers 55/5 (RR : 7.86) Required RR(4.46)
Biggy 8 (7b)
Hooper 15 (12b)
Ayub 95 1-0-3-0

7.1 WestIndia to Hooper, , No Ball. Good short ball, the batsman is caught off guard and top edges it high in the air! The keeper is after it...he's runs hard...and the ball lands just after him! He hurls the ball in to keep the batsman to a single. (1)
7.1 WestIndia to Biggy, AND HE'S OU...noooo! Got back home just in time. Two runs. (2)
7.2 WestIndia to Biggy, That one deviated sharply of the pitch, the batsman had no chance of playing that. Dot ball. (0)
7.3 WestIndia to Biggy, Shortish delivery on the stumps, the batsman backs away and swats it to cover for a single (1)
7.4 WestIndia to Hooper, He's absolutely NAILED that one, but the man in the deep makes a fantastic save, pushing the ball back in just in time! His teammate picks up the ball and hurls it in and they save a run, good teamwork. (3)
7.5 WestIndia to Biggy, No Run, excellent bowling. (0)
7.6 WestIndia to Biggy, I'd like to complement the gentleman in Seat 24 Row A for being so sharply dressed in that Armani Suit. Especially in this heat. Great show...huh? What's that? Oh right, the batsmen took a single, I think. (1)

End of over 8
Dublin Destroyers 64/5 (RR : 8) Required RR(4.08)
Hooper 19 (14b)
Biggy 12 (12b)
WestIndia 1-0-9-0

8.1 Ayub 95 to Biggy, I'd like to complement the gentleman in Seat 24 Row A for being so sharply dressed in that Armani Suit. Especially in this heat. Great show...huh? What's that? Oh right, the batsmen took a single, I think. (1)
8.2 Ayub 95 to Hooper, Swing and a miss. No run. (0)
8.3 Ayub 95 to Hooper, Short and pulled away for a single (1)
8.4 Ayub 95 to Biggy, Sloppy fielding, the batsmen were content with one but end up getting two. (2)
8.5 Ayub 95 to Biggy, GOT HIM!! Oh no, wait, sorry. It's just a dot ball. My bad. (0)
8.6 Ayub 95 to Biggy, Swing and a miss. No run. (0)

End of over 9
Dublin Destroyers 68/5 (RR : 7.56) Required RR(4.09)
Biggy 15 (16b)
Hooper 20 (16b)
Ayub 95 2-0-7-0

9.1 Wolf to Hooper, Played to deep cover. Two runs. (2)
9.2 Wolf to Hooper, Delicate little late cut, well placed. Quick single taken. (1)
9.3 Wolf to Biggy, He's absolutely NAILED that one, but the man in the deep makes a fantastic save, pushing the ball back in just in time! His teammate picks up the ball and hurls it in and they save a run, good teamwork. (3)
9.4 Wolf to Hooper, The batsman goes down the track and nails it through the offside! Four more! (4)
9.5 Wolf to Hooper, Driven down the ground to long-on, the batsmen get only one (1)
9.6 Wolf to Biggy, ......what? Why are you looking at me like that? Oh right! The commentary! Umm...looks like that was a dot ball! No run. Now leave me alone. (0)

End of over 10
Dublin Destroyers 79/5 (RR : 7.9) Required RR(3.4)
Biggy 18 (18b)
Hooper 28 (20b)
Wolf 1-0-11-0

10.1 Ayub 95 to Hooper, Perfect yorker on the leg stump. (0)
10.2 Ayub 95 to Hooper, Dabbed into the gap for a quick single. The captain decides to shift the field around a little bit. (1)
10.3 Ayub 95 to Biggy, And the camera pans to show a hot chick in Row C. Rumours have it that she is either Zorax's date for the night, or an assasin out to kill him. I guess we'll find out one way or another by tommorrow...oh, right. No run. (0)
10.4 Ayub 95 to Biggy, Perfect yorker on the leg stump. (0)
10.5 Ayub 95 to Biggy, GOT HIM!! Oh no, wait, sorry. It's just a dot ball. My bad. (0)
10.6 Ayub 95 to Biggy, Good slower ball, the batsman doesn't pick it up. Still gets a single though. (1)

End of over 11
Dublin Destroyers 81/5 (RR : 7.36) Required RR(3.56)
Hooper 29 (22b)
Biggy 19 (22b)
Ayub 95 3-0-9-0

11.1 Wolf to Biggy, Pah, that was a useless shot! I've seen better batters in my fridge! No run. (0)
11.2 Wolf to Biggy, Swing and a miss. No run. (0)
11.3 Wolf to Biggy, Dabbed into the gap for a quick single. The captain decides to shift the field around a little bit. (1)
11.4 Wolf to Hooper, Good slower ball, the batsman doesn't pick it up. Still gets a single though. (1)
11.5 Wolf to Biggy, Lofted drive, falls into the gap. The ball gets stuck in the outfield meaning the batsmen get only two. (2)
11.6 Wolf to Biggy, Neat little late cut, beats the slip and short third man. The batsmen get two. (2)

End of over 12
Dublin Destroyers 87/5 (RR : 7.25) Required RR(3.25)
Biggy 24 (27b)
Hooper 30 (23b)
Wolf 2-0-17-0

12.1 WestIndia to Hooper, Swing and a miss. No run. (0)
12.2 WestIndia to Hooper, Tries to work it off his legs, misses, and the fielders go up in appeal! It has to be out, it HAS to be out! NOOOOO! The umpire is unmoved! Gosh that must have been close. (0)
12.3 WestIndia to Hooper, I'd like to thank the lady in Seat 27 Row D for the fabulous cake she's sent us! Triple Chocolate Fudge with Mint, my favourite! Oh, and no run. (0)
12.4 WestIndia to Hooper, He's slogged that down to cow corner. Long on runs in to field, and the batsmen get two. The captain is clearly not very happy with his fielder's effort there. (2)
12.5 WestIndia to Hooper, Very well bowled. (0)
12.6 WestIndia to Hooper, I'd like to thank the lady in Seat 27 Row D for the fabulous cake she's sent us! Triple Chocolate Fudge with Mint, my favourite! Oh, and no run. (0)

End of over 13
Dublin Destroyers 89/5 (RR : 6.85) Required RR(3.43)
Hooper 32 (29b)
Biggy 24 (27b)
WestIndia 2-0-11-0

13.1 Wolf to Biggy, I'd like to thank the lady in Seat 27 Row D for the fabulous cake she's sent us! Triple Chocolate Fudge with Mint, my favourite! Oh, and no run. (0)
13.2 Wolf to Biggy, Good ball, he goes for the cut, it's too close to cut, he's inside edged it, and it misses the stumps by a whisker! The keeper tidies up and there is no run. Phew that was close. (0)
13.3 Wolf to Biggy, That's a single. (1)
13.4 Wolf to Hooper, Short ball, worked off the hips for a single (1)
13.5 Wolf to Biggy, Yorker full and outside offstump, the batsman just squeezes it away for a quick single to cover. (1)
13.6 Wolf to Hooper, No Run, excellent bowling. (0)

End of over 14
Dublin Destroyers 92/5 (RR : 6.57) Required RR(3.5)
Hooper 33 (31b)
Biggy 26 (31b)
Wolf 3-0-20-0

14.1 Ayub 95 to Biggy, That was a very good delivery. (0)
14.2 Ayub 95 to Biggy, Oooh! Good ball, yorker length delivery on the legstump. The batsman just barely gets his bat down on time, and the non striker urges him through for a quick single. (1)
14.3 Ayub 95 to Hooper, The batsman lines up a big slog over cow corner, but inside edges it past the stumps and keeper for four! The bowler has a wry smile, if the batsman keeps that up, it won't be too long till he's back in the pavillion. (4)
14.4 Ayub 95 to Hooper, Easy single. (1)
14.5 Ayub 95 to Biggy, EDGED AND TAKE...DROPPED! The keeper drops it! A simple chance and he fluffs it! Deary me. The batsmen steal a single while laughing, the bowler has his hands on his head... (1)
14.6 Ayub 95 to Hooper, Very well bowled. (0)

End of over 15
Dublin Destroyers 99/5 (RR : 6.6) Required RR(2.8)
Hooper 38 (34b)
Biggy 28 (34b)
Ayub 95 4-0-16-0

15.1 Wolf to Biggy, That's skied, but he's dropped it! Two more runs. (2)
15.2 Wolf to Biggy, Lovely late cut through the vacant third man region. Four more. (4)
15.3 Wolf to Biggy, Tries to work it off his legs, misses, and the fielders go up in appeal! It has to be out, it HAS to be out! NOOOOO! The umpire is unmoved! Gosh that must have been close. (0)
15.4 Wolf to Biggy, Good short ball, the batsman is caught off guard and top edges it high in the air! The keeper is after it...he's runs hard...and the ball lands just after him! He hurls the ball in to keep the batsman to a single. (1)
15.5 Wolf to Hooper, That was a very good delivery. (0)
15.6 Wolf to Hooper, One more to the total. (1)

End of over 16
Dublin Destroyers 107/5 (RR : 6.69) Required RR(1.5)
Biggy 35 (38b)
Hooper 39 (36b)
Wolf 4-0-28-0

16.1 Brendon Hedger to Hooper, Perfect yorker on the leg stump. (0)
16.2 Brendon Hedger to Hooper, He walks across his stumps trying to paddle it away, but misses it. And the keeper's appealing! There was a sound as the ball passed the batsman, and the umpire is unmoved. Replays show it was off the pad. Good call. (0)
16.3 Brendon Hedger to Hooper, Short ball, cut away for a run. (1)
16.4 Brendon Hedger to Biggy, Clipped off the legs, the batsmen get two. (2)
16.5 Brendon Hedger to Biggy, Easy single. (1)
16.6 Brendon Hedger to Hooper, Good slower ball, the batsman doesn't pick it up. Still gets a single though. (1)

End of over 17
Dublin Destroyers 112/5 (RR : 6.59) Required RR(0.333)
Biggy 38 (40b)
Hooper 41 (40b)
Brendon Hedger 1-0-5-0

17.1 WestIndia to Hooper, Ah that's a rubbish ball, and the batsman wastest no time in putting the trash away. Six! (6)

The final scorecard for second innings was :
Score: 118
Wickets : 5
Overs : 17.1

Code:

Toronto Tanks Innings 

Player                                         Status    R    B  4s  6s    S/R
Holdenator                c Hooper b Malcolm Marshall    3    4   0   0     75
Bilal91                             run out Bart King    7    4   1   0    175
Insomniac                             run out Gary123    0    1   0   0      0
mattfb                            c Biggy b Bart King    0    1   0   0      0
Ian Botham                   c Jack Hobbs b Bart King    4    4   1   0    100
Imran Khan             c barmyarmy b Malcolm Marshall    5    9   1   0  55.56
Hitterman                                     not out   57   57   4   0    100
Wolf                               b Malcolm Marshall   31   41   3   0  75.61
WestIndia                                     not out    0    0   0   0      0
Brendon Hedger                                    dnb    0    0   0   0      0
Ayub 95                                           dnb    0    0   0   0      0

Total: 113                       Overs: 20.0                    Run Rate: 5.65

Extras : 6    No Balls : 3       Wides : 0    Leg Byes : 3        Byes : 0

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dublin Destroyers Bowling

Players                              Overs   Maidens    Runs     Wickets    ER
Biggy                                1.0           0       6           0      6
Hooper                               4.0           0      29           0   7.25
Bart King                            4.0           0      25           2   6.25
barmyarmy                            4.0           0      17           0   4.25
Malcolm Marshall                     3.4           0      21           3   5.73
Leverocks                            3.0           0      12           0      4

Total: 113                       Overs: 20.0                    Run Rate: 5.65

Extras : 6    No Balls : 3       Wides : 0    Leg Byes : 3        Byes : 0

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dublin Destroyers Innings 

Player                                         Status    R    B  4s  6s    S/R
Simbazz                                  b Ian Botham    3    5   0   0     60
Highlander999                  c Bilal91 b Ian Botham   21   14   2   0    150
Jack Hobbs                  c Imran Khan b Ian Botham    0    1   0   0      0
Offcutters                  c Holdenator b Ian Botham    0    1   0   0      0
Gary123                                lbw Ian Botham    6    4   1   0    150
Biggy                                         not out   38   40   2   0     95
Hooper                                        not out   47   41   2   2  114.6
Bart King                                         dnb    0    0   0   0      0
barmyarmy                                         dnb    0    0   0   0      0
Malcolm Marshall                                  dnb    0    0   0   0      0
Leverocks                                         dnb    0    0   0   0      0

Total: 118                       Overs: 17.1                    Run Rate: 6.941

Extras : 3    No Balls : 3       Wides : 0    Leg Byes : 0        Byes : 0

Toronto Tanks Bowling

Players                              Overs   Maidens    Runs     Wickets    ER
Ian Botham                           3.0           0      23           5   7.67
Imran Khan                           3.0           0      29           0   9.67
Wolf                                 4.0           0      28           0      7
WestIndia                            2.1           0      17           0   7.85
Brendon Hedger                       1.0           0       5           0      5
Ayub 95                              4.0           0      16           0      4

Total: 118                       Overs: 17.1                    Run Rate: 6.941

Extras : 3    No Balls : 3       Wides : 0    Leg Byes : 0        Byes : 0

Toronto Tanks - 113/7 in 20.0 overs.
Dublin Destroyers - 118/5 in 17.1 overs.

Dublin Destroyers wins the match by 5 wickets
Man of the Match: Ian Botham

What a game of cricket we just had. Toronto Tanks confident after their win against Vatican Victors were just completely outplayed by the host at Rebbit Gardens. First Malcom Marshall and co. restricted the Tanks to a mere 113 for 7 in their 20 overs and then after being 33 for 5, won the game thanks to the important partnership between Biggy and Hooper. Ian Botham was given the Man of the Match award for his brilliant bowling figures of 5-23 which in end went in vain.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Do my eyes deceive me, or did Dublin actually win a game?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread