Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Blatter leaves door open for 2022 re-vote

Sepp Blatter says FIFA's ethics committee must decide whether there is truth to the bribery claims.

The head of FIFA Sepp Blatter has flagged the possibility of stripping Qatar of its hosting rights for the 2022 World Cup in the wake of vote-rigging allegations aired earlier this month.

Blatter leaves door open for 2022 re-vote - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

Though:
Qatari Mohamed Bin Hammam is challenging Sepp Blatter for the FIFA presidency with the final vote to be held on June 1.

The more that's mentioned about the World Cup process the worse things get. If the 2022 vote is illegitimate, why would the 2018 one stand? Russia isn't exactly known for being transparent, we all know England should have won the hosting rights.

War

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Ye Russia should definitely get a re-vote as well if the Qatar bribery claims are proven.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Ye Russia should definitely get a re-vote as well if the Qatar bribery claims are proven.

Damn straight! Either way, I hope Qatar is stripped of the World Cup. It will be ridiculously hot and all those strict rules will spoil the World Cup for any fans who decide to go out there. Stripping Qatar of the World Cup will solve a lot of potential problems. Out of all the other countries eligible for that one, I'd love to see an Australian World Cup, I think they'll put on a fantastic show - they certainly have the stadiums! :)

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
Trust me the Qatar World Cup will provide an excellent World Cup. They are really excited about it, and I am sure they will do a fantastic job. As far as the heat is concerned, I think its part and parcel of the game becoming 'global'. Its called the "World Cup" for a reason. Besides there is a proper domestic league in Qatar and a lot of European and South American players have been playing there.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
All hail King Sepp Blatter as another 4 years of chaos is upon us! :facepalm

1257349458904902.jpeg

----------

Trust me the Qatar World Cup will provide an excellent World Cup. They are really excited about it, and I am sure they will do a fantastic job. As far as the heat is concerned, I think its part and parcel of the game becoming 'global'. Its called the "World Cup" for a reason. Besides there is a proper domestic league in Qatar and a lot of European and South American players have been playing there.

If there is any indication they 'bought' the World Cup, they should be stripped immediately. I wouldn't be surprised if something similar had gone on with Russia.

Auwais

International Coach
You think their financial clout didn't give them a bit of a helping hand?

Anyway, the whole thing's a big farce. Had England won their bid, we would never have heard these accusations of corruption. It's hilarious.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
If. Innocent until proven guilty.

No smoke without fire. ;)

----------

Anyway, the whole thing's a big farce. Had England won their bid, we would never have heard these accusations of corruption. It's hilarious.

If England had won their bid, it would've been because of the strength of the bid - the infrastructure, the stadiums, the passion for football and the fact we haven't bloody hosted it since 1966!!!

What are the relative strengths of Qatar's bid as opposed to, say, Australia's? They've both never had it before.

Last edited:

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors

Ofcourse Qatar would have used their financial powers to gather support, it does not mean they have to do it through "illegal" means. If Qatar are willing to spend big to host a good World Cup (and mind you it will be good) whats wrong in that?

I totally agree about England's failed bid. I know they haven't hosted it since 1966, but that does not give them a divine right to win. I was personally against any of the previous hosts getting it again, so for me both Russia, Qatar and Australia were the best options for what has now become a 'global' game.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Ofcourse Qatar would have used their financial powers to gather support, it does not mean they have to do it through "illegal" means. If Qatar are willing to spend big to host a good World Cup (and mind you it will be good) whats wrong in that?

I totally agree about England's failed bid. I know they haven't hosted it since 1966, but that does not give them a divine right to win. I was personally against any of the previous hosts getting it again, so for me both Russia, Qatar and Australia were the best options for what has now become a 'global' game.

Italy, Germany and Mexico have both had it twice since then - how is that fair? Of course, we're not in competition with Qatar's bid, but I will argue with anyone that England's bid was better than Russia's.

----------

Sepp Blatter asks Henry Kissinger to help clean up FIFA - ESPN Soccernet

HAAAAAAA i dont know how much of you guys follow world politics history & know what Kissenger has done in the past. But this is such a shocking suggesting by Blatter, that this could only aid in FIFA executive committee becoming even more corrupt.

Where's my Vader facepalm?

1257349458904902.jpeg

There are times when an ordinary facepalm just won't do. ;)

England doesn't need to indulge in corruption - the strength of our bid was enough for us to win - if things were being played out fairly and everyone knows they weren't.

Users who are viewing this thread