Scenario Creator: Which scenarios are you looking forward to trying?

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Also, a little bit off topic, but i feel scenario mode should only be available in the highest difficulty, to make it realistic.

jabbathehut

County Cricketer
This both excites me and worries me.For example i want to make the scenario of 81 headingly test.The ground won't look anything like headingly 81.The players won't look anything like the real players it will just be the scenario.It would take a huge effort to make the scenario as immersive as it could be.The success of it will depend on how easy the tools are to use.It would be nice if the game came with a playface library of older players team lists etc.I think they can make an educated guess as to what the top 20 scenarios would be.

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
I’m not gonna lie, I’m not getting excited about scenario mode. I’d rather just play my own matches and series thus creating my own scenarios.

I mean okay, playing out the latter stages of one or two matches in history I can think of from time to time could be a little break from career and custom leagues etc but it’s definitely not the part I’m looking forward too most.

Excuse my pessimism. It was the other thread that insisted on positivity!

Oh to hell with it! That game where Bailey batted for ages for England!

How time consuming is creating a scorecard gonna be? Are we just keying in players names or inserting the player from the game? Do we have to control all batsmen if batting or every bowler if bowling?

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
This both excites me and worries me.For example i want to make the scenario of 81 headingly test.The ground won't look anything like headingly 81.The players won't look anything like the real players it will just be the scenario.It would take a huge effort to make the scenario as immersive as it could be.The success of it will depend on how easy the tools are to use.It would be nice if the game came with a playface library of older players team lists etc.I think they can make an educated guess as to what the top 20 scenarios would be.
It would be nice but I can't see it happening due to rights and playfaces of someone from 30 - 40 years would likely be no better than community ones.

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
Wonder if there's taking off shirt in the balcony animation there in the game..:p

----------------

For me its gonna be titled "Do the impossible" and objective being score 50 runs with Keaton Jennings..

That and replicating WC final 2011 when Dhoni enters after Sachin gets out.. :D

Title being "Win World Cup for Sachin" , Objective play as Dhoni to get India over the line , creating history winning world cup after 28 years..

KJ is good for a hundred on Asian soil. I hope that you’re referring to home conditions!

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
1 - England's second innings bowling in 2nd test vs New Zealand in 2017/18 Series at Christchurch where New Zealand blocked out for a draw and a Home Series victory. Could the English bowlers break the resistance of Sodhi and Wagner's defence?

2 - South Africa vs Sri Lanka 1st Test Match 2019 at Kingsmead where Kusal Perera single handily completed victory for the tourists in a 78 run last wicket partnership. Can you lead Sri Lanka over the line with Perera or will you crush the away sides dreams of a historic Test victory?

3 - England vs Australia 2nd Test Ashes 2005 where England wrapped up a 2 run victory in dramatic style. Start from 137-7 as Australia in the final innings when Jason Gillespie was dismissed as Shane Warne joined Michael Clarke to potentially pull of a day 4 win.

4 - Another Ashes spectacular this time 1st Test 2013 Trent Bridge where Australia narrowly lost at the hands of Anderson and Swann.

5 - The last one and certainty one that I remember was the England - Sri Lanka 1st Test 2014 at Lord's where a particularly dead rubber headlined by Joe Root's 200 not out almost gave the hosts victory when Sri Lanka collapsed to 201-9 in the final over from 123-1.

This is definitely not the end of the many scenarios I want to create and play but these are just a select few dominated by England. I will look at playing a Scenario Ashes mode where 5 classic Ashes matches of all time will be played out to see who triumphs at the end of the created and modified Ashes. There will also be plenty of other nations other than England where I will be looking to play scenarios with and against and I am 100% excited for this mode and can't wait

(Not in order of favourite or preferred just very random)

No. 3 will be top of a lot of people’s list!

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia

How is that any different to existing Big Any games? If you want to use them, you can create them yourself.

Jalen

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
Wouldn't mind seeing a scenario of the narrow win by NZ vs AUS in 2017 where Stoinis scored 146* and Hazlewood got run out on the non-strikers end. Not sure if anyone has suggested this already but that'd be great.

Jalen

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
Wouldn't mind seeing a scenario of the narrow win by NZ vs AUS in 2017 where Stoinis scored 146* and Hazlewood got run out on the non-strikers end. Not sure if anyone has suggested this already but that'd be great.
I'd have it as 54/5 with Australia chasing 287 for victory and Stoinis walking to the crease to join Sam Heazlett.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
My first will to play as Atherton & Russell - Joburg 1995. No fall of wicket allowed. A secondary objective would be to have Russell stuck on 25* for 74 minutes.

I just hope player creator has the ability to put ridiculous sunglasses on behind the helmet...

So much this

Sahil180

Club Captain
Champions Trophy 2017 Final, playing as India in the second innings at the lost of 3 to chase

Reactions: DAP

Helpman

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
The 438 game, the only game that really matters.... If you're South African of course ;)

Reactions: DAP

Users who are viewing this thread