Scenario Creator: Which scenarios are you looking forward to trying?

rishabh9627

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
world cup 2015
1st match of Australia vs New Zealand where the latter won by just 1 wicket bcoz of a brilliant six by Williamson of Pat Cummins
I would like to play as Starc and try to clear the tail by dishing out those toe crushing yorkers
would be so much fun
BTW there is only 1 drawback of scenario mode
The attributes of a player changes from time to time
so the player/team that i will download from the academy will be made based on how they play in 2019
But i want to play a scenario related to that player/team from 2015 but i will be using that player/team of 2019
so the skill set and attributes wont be realistic for that period of time
I understand that someone might make a whole new team of 2005 ashes series along with attributes of both AUS nd ENG players because that series is quite famous
but doing that for every different scenario of different years is going to be really difficult

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
world cup 2015
1st match of Australia vs New Zealand where the latter won by just 1 wicket bcoz of a brilliant six by Williamson of Pat Cummins
I would like to play as Starc and try to clear the tail by dishing out those toe crushing yorkers
would be so much fun
BTW there is only 1 drawback of scenario mode
The attributes of a player changes from time to time
so the player/team that i will download from the academy will be made based on how they play in 2019
But i want to play a scenario related to that player/team from 2015 but i will be using that player/team of 2019
so the skill set and attributes wont be realistic for that period of time
I understand that someone might make a whole new team of 2005 ashes series along with attributes of both AUS nd ENG players because that series is quite famous
but doing that for every different scenario of different years is going to be really difficult
For scenarios, the very famous ones will anyway be requested for and someone will likely make it and share (your own example of 2005 Ashes Series)! However, the ones that are personally close to our hearts, we can ourselves customise it.

I see a lot of scenarios being talked about, being in the last decade or so, meaning that players of one of those matches will be there in the academy. So, we can ourselves customise and make the scenario.

We can also share this scenario by ourselves, so not hard and also we can enjoy each others creations

rishabh9627

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
For scenarios, the very famous ones will anyway be requested for and someone will likely make it and share (your own example of 2005 Ashes Series)! However, the ones that are personally close to our hearts, we can ourselves customise it.

I see a lot of scenarios being talked about, being in the last decade or so, meaning that players of one of those matches will be there in the academy. So, we can ourselves customise and make the scenario.

We can also share this scenario by ourselves, so not hard and also we can enjoy each others creations
Yes that can happen but if u look at the academy most of the creations of teams are done by 2-3 people at best with correct attributes for eg.friedlele nd couple others
when everybody will create their own scenarios with their perception of the attributes of players then it may not be to our liking as we might think that a certain attribute is not correct and should have been different

Reactions: DAP

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Yes that can happen but if u look at the academy most of the creations of teams are done by 2-3 people at best with correct attributes for eg.friedlele nd couple others
when everybody will create their own scenarios with their perception of the attributes of players then it may not be to our liking as we might think that a certain attribute is not correct and should have been different
I think we can customise it again after downloading the scenario, and this is in particular for those that are not everyone's favourite. Community will figure something out, 6 Years now since first academy came into existence!

rishabh9627

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
I think we can customise it again after downloading the scenario, and this is in particular for those that are not everyone's favourite. Community will figure something out, 6 Years now since first academy came into existence!
I hope so.
Actually scenario creator is an altogether new feature so I don't want it want to have any flaws or drawbacks bcoz if there is one then people will start saying that "its the first time BA have come up with this feature, so lets give them some time to refine it
Maybe in the next iteration it will become better"
I just want it to be perfect in this iteration itself and not wait for another one once again

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
I hope so.
Actually scenario creator is an altogether new feature so I don't want it want to have any flaws or drawbacks bcoz if there is one then people will start saying that "its the first time BA have come up with this feature, so lets give them some time to refine it
I just want it to be perfect in this iteration itself and not wait for another one once again
Too much thinking bro, it will be fine, from what I have seen. Steps are a bit complex, but we will get used to it. Also, it can be patched up, if the need arises.

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I`m surprised that no-one mentioned one of the all-time classic tests, the Eden Gardens test match of 2001, with the perfect start point being when Dravid joins Laxman at the crease in the second innings with India following on!

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
I`m surprised that no-one mentioned one of the all-time classic tests, the Eden Gardens test match of 2001, with the perfect start point being when Dravid joins Laxman at the crease in the second innings with India following on!
Forum average age seems to be on the younger side! :p

aditya123

National Board President
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Forum average age seems to be on the younger side! :p

Feel somewhat sad when you have T20 games against Bangladesh being mentioned but this miraculous partnership against an Aussie side on a 16-match winning streak doesn't even get a mention.

Karan Dogra

School Cricketer
This particular test can have multiple starting points:
1) When Dravid and Laxman were on the crease. (From there on)
2) Defending 4th innings total of 383 against the mighty Australians. After the started off with 73-0 and were firing on all cylinders.
3) You can also bat as Australia to either draw the test or win it against a firing Harbhajan Singh on 5th day Indian pitch.

passarapin

County Cricketer
AUS..
I hope so.

I think it's pretty unrealistic to expect things to be "perfect" right away.
from what we have seen so far, it looks really deep and robust. However I'm sure someone will have a few "suggestions" to make it better. then after a while, everyone will want these same suggestions and believe that the scenario maker was "disappointing"

it's a common theme in these forums. Unless something Is 100% perfect. We are all " disappointed "and whinge until the next game.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
i have uploaded a johannesburg 95 scenario under dcgate - this is at the end of the 4th day: England 167/4 (Atherton 82*, Smith 11*)

so i have done correct line-ups, player roles/information, my interpretation of skills, and there are logos too that i've brought over from ashes, most of which initially were done in ashes by @Llewelynf and @wasteyouryouth i believe.

what i've not done is likenesses (except a little for athers, russell and smith) and bats etc. so if anyone wants to do those please be my guest!

i will probably do a bit around the remaining likenesses, but it's not my forte so any help appreciated

TheHairyGamer88

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I am very intrigued as to what the ones on disc will be so can't wait to try them out to start. Might use them to get a feel for the controls again before starting a career.

Users who are viewing this thread