SLIDERS - Around the world in 80 pitch sliders.....again

Irtileaf

Club Captain
Playing a test against India with reskilled team and rumples sliders in South Africa.
Also using the seam friendly modifier. I have India 23/4 in 11 overs.
Damn feels nice. Really feels like a steamers paradise. 1 caught by the WK. 2 by slips. And 1 bowled.
Let's see if I can get them before 36:p
Also thing to notice here is that South Africa is already a bowlers friendly wicket according to sliders. And with the seam friendly modifier it has turned into a nightmare for the batsmen.
I did change the sliders a bit though. For example bounce is 40. Also I increased the swing upto 63. Rest is same I think. And oh yes reduced the Run rate to 16.
Basically I changed some values by checking the modifier values of all bowler friendly pitches. SA, England and WI.
And I chose the highest value from each of these for the modifiers.
For example chose England's swing. Pitch friction of SA. And AI of West indies.
I'll post the results soon lol

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
View attachment 262059
Ha!

A logical part of testing though. How far is too far?

And that's also part of this thread. Take the sliders as a base and tune from there for your own liking. Though in this instance I feel like you may come back a bit lol

Still, fun to see a proper collapse, England style!

Irtileaf

Club Captain
Does anyone have sliders for Odis and T20s?
Just played an odi on a Grassy medium pitch against India.
Run rate was reduced to 45 ,rest was same. The AI more or less maintained the run rate of just about 6.
But the way they did it was rubbish. They would almost play dots for the first 5 balls. And then smash the last ball for a huge six. 90 to 100 metre six. Every single over they did that.
Please share you experiences and if a hone has ksi andn;&
View attachment 262059

Ha!

A logical part of testing though. How far is too far?

And that's also part of this thread. Take the sliders as a base and tune from there for your own liking. Though in this instance I feel like you may come back a bit lol

Still, fun to see a proper collapse, England style!
Hahahah yess. The dismissals were real proper mate. Run rate was great. But yeah should have been a bit of resistance from the top order. What should i change. Maybe increase striker timing a bit and decrease wicket chance?

tarrantino

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
So an update on my second Ashes test. This spanned V2 and then the slight changes for my innings batting as England.
Got Harris out early and thought I may of caught Australian unaware. However Warner and Labuschagne really got going. Plugged away and wickets were slow. Wickets 4,5,6 all fell in the evening which was good under the lights. Tail didn’t wag so pretty please. Good variation of wickets, with edges and 4 bowled out.

So I got going with my innings at the final session of day 2. This is where the bounce changed a bit. Batted slowly for a while, got a 100 partnership and then caught waiting outside off and Hameed home. Same with Malan and Burns so had for rebuild with Stokes and Root on 0. Managed to do that, ran myself out with Stokes and then went smashing with Broad as I was 22 behind with the last wicket stand.

So trying again with Australia, early wicket but Warner again is batting well.

Observations? Well we all know now the pitch is a batting track, the change in bounce has helped, particularly as my wicket in the second innings is Robinson ripping middle right out.

AI are still smashing a boundary most overs, even if you bowl same line and length and keeping it tight. I’m not sure if Australia are trying to set a score. Don’t know if the AI work like that, I can’t see it personally.

Overall though now I have a handle on the game, this set in Australia seem pretty good.

Attachments

• 6AD87E88-742E-4660-A6CA-67FEFCA0B6BC.png
    6AD87E88-742E-4660-A6CA-67FEFCA0B6BC.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 34
  • 29C47B66-4EE3-455F-A55D-A19266916241.png
    29C47B66-4EE3-455F-A55D-A19266916241.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 30
  • 98536DF9-EE79-4220-9B70-FF66F8A58129.png
    98536DF9-EE79-4220-9B70-FF66F8A58129.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 33

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
Does anyone have sliders for Odis and T20s?
Just played an odi on a Grassy medium pitch against India.
Run rate was reduced to 45 ,rest was same. The AI more or less maintained the run rate of just about 6.
But the way they did it was rubbish. They would almost play dots for the first 5 balls. And then smash the last ball for a huge six. 90 to 100 metre six. Every single over they did that.
Please share you experiences and if a hone has ksi andn;&

Hahahah yess. The dismissals were real proper mate. Run rate was great. But yeah should have been a bit of resistance from the top order. What should i change. Maybe increase striker timing a bit and decrease wicket chance?
There are some tagged in the first post, but they're a bit rough around the edges I think, and more for T20s than ODIs.

I think @Nithin Antony has posted some slider numbers in the past though.

And yes, both those changes should make the AI more competent.
So an update on my second Ashes test. This spanned V2 and then the slight changes for my innings batting as England.
Got Harris out early and thought I may of caught Australian unaware. However Warner and Labuschagne really got going. Plugged away and wickets were slow. Wickets 4,5,6 all fell in the evening which was good under the lights. Tail didn’t wag so pretty please. Good variation of wickets, with edges and 4 bowled out.

So I got going with my innings at the final session of day 2. This is where the bounce changed a bit. Batted slowly for a while, got a 100 partnership and then caught waiting outside off and Hameed home. Same with Malan and Burns so had for rebuild with Stokes and Root on 0. Managed to do that, ran myself out with Stokes and then went smashing with Broad as I was 22 behind with the last wicket stand.

So trying again with Australia, early wicket but Warner again is batting well.

Observations? Well we all know now the pitch is a batting track, the change in bounce has helped, particularly as my wicket in the second innings is Robinson ripping middle right out.

AI are still smashing a boundary most overs, even if you bowl same line and length and keeping it tight. I’m not sure if Australia are trying to set a score. Don’t know if the AI work like that, I can’t see it personally.

Overall though now I have a handle on the game, this set in Australia seem pretty good.
Those scorecards are ace. 400 should be a good score, with anything above that being a bonus. And great to see an even battle between you and the AI, it isn't one sided.

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
Well, v2 was short lived. But that's the way it goes sometimes, this is always going to be a project that's fluid from patch to patch.

Change Log

Details of what has changed from V2 to V3, it's a relatively short list thankfully.

England
Pitch bounce from 50 to 28

South Africa
Pitch bounce from 40 to 35

New Zealand
Pitch bounce from 42 to 40

West Indies
Spin bowling revs from 20 to 30
Pitch bounce from 40 to 35

The additional functionality from v2 still remains of course, with home/away sliders plus the extra modifiers.

Don't forget

Some slider values are probably wrong. In fact, they could well be wrong in multiple places

That's the point of publishing them, and having a version history attached.

User ability is a thing

These sliders are not just plug and play

If 100% of people just copy them down from the spreadsheet and put them straight into the game, 90% are probably going to be disappointed. The settings needs to be tailored to your own ability, how you like test cricket to be played, how you like the AI to play, there's loads of variables. It's not a one size fits all kind of deal.

The spreadsheet is a guide, a starting point. No doubt with some trial and error of your own, you'll find something even better for you.

Same deal as the previous versions, all formula are hidden and can't be accidentally edited, the sheet should be pretty hard to break. The sheet is designed so that the drop down boxes are the only thing that can be edited.

I'll say it again (hoping it actually happens this time!), but my attention is now moving towards testing and using these sliders for a new thread I'm planning to start.

That is, until BA drop another change on us, in which case I'll be back with v4.

Thanks all, keep up the good work!

Attachments

• Cricket 22 - Pitch Slider Spreadsheet v3 22 01 2022.xlsx
    47 KB · Views: 487

Irtileaf

Club Captain
There are some tagged in the first post, but they're a bit rough around the edges I think, and more for T20s than ODIs.

I think @Nithin Antony has posted some slider numbers in the past though.

And yes, both those changes should make the AI more competent.

Those scorecards are ace. 400 should be a good score, with anything above that being a bonus. And great to see an even battle between you and the AI, it isn't one sided.
Thanks mater. Are you planning to test some Odis and T20s? Or just test for now.
Since this patch I tested somethings but the AI smash is frustrating. A big six every over last ball lol.

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England

cricboi

Club Captain
What type of run rates are you all batting at in tests? I've found that even with the sliders I can easily go at over 5 just attempting off drives to extra cover and singles/boundaries to square leg. The batting is still super fun because if I dont focus I can easily lose wickets chasing bad balls, but am trying to figure out how to make it feel more like a grind. So far I've increased the bowl quality to 90 which has helped and increased top speeds for pace but was wondering if anyone had other suggestions. I've also tried adding my own fields and allowing AI to use them but they don't show up too often and they still insist on playing only one guy on the leg side while the bowler targets the middle stump.
Edit: Since reloading the game with higher bowl quality and increased pace I'm finding it more challenging. I think maybe I needed to reset for the changes to come into effect. It's made a big difference in the sense that I'm still going at 5 an over but now much more likely to lose wickets...thus forcing me to change my style.

Update: Finished the test and it worked out pretty well. As India I batted for around 250 in both innings and bowled SA out for 180 and then 230. Found it hard to get lbws and caught behinds but the spinners did well on the 4th day. Both SA innings had 1-2 guys go for 50+ and bowling against an in form Markrram while targeting the new batters felt very cool. On the batting side, turning up the bowl quality really made a difference in forcing me to approach it more realistically. Rabada even got me out playing a delayed defensive shot and it looked very nice.

Last edited:

karolkarol

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
Ireland (Cricket)
I'd not actually played any matches in England on this game until I just recently started my career as a fast bowler. I'm using the V3 English sliders and what a brilliant experience it's been so far. I played a 4 day match under cloudy skies and the ball was doing all sorts yet in an odi match in sunshine the white ball did little.

I'm sure it's probably Big Ant's intention but what an incredible difference it would make to the game if every pitch in every country had discernible characteristics which could then in turn be affected by a working weather system. I really don't know why this isn't top of list, ahead of Sheldon Cottrell's bowling action, for example.

It feels like I'm playing a different game to the out of the box one!

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
I'd not actually played any matches in England on this game until I just recently started my career as a fast bowler. I'm using the V3 English sliders and what a brilliant experience it's been so far. I played a 4 day match under cloudy skies and the ball was doing all sorts yet in an odi match in sunshine the white ball did little.

I'm sure it's probably Big Ant's intention but what an incredible difference it would make to the game if every pitch in every country had discernible characteristics which could then in turn be affected by a working weather system. I really don't know why this isn't top of list, ahead of Sheldon Cottrell's bowling action, for example.

It feels like I'm playing a different game to the out of the box one!
And it's stuff like this that makes it all worth it. Good stuff matey, hope it continues!

If Big Ant ever feel like chucking me a few coins, I'll happily see what I can do haha

Users who are viewing this thread