SLIDERS - Around the world in 80 pitch sliders.....again

jackshazza

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I have just started an Ashes Series using reworked players and the Australian Sliders.
I wanted a sense of realism to the Ashes so changed the Pitch to Grassy/Dry.

I won the toss and elected to bat, selected the same teams from the actual test match.
Harris and Warner started quite watchful, Wood and Robinson started well with the ball, had to be quite resolute with my shot choices and they didn’t give me any bad balls at all in the first 7 overs. I was scoring at less than 2 and over for the opening spell from both. They changed Robinson and introduced Woakes to the attack and he bowled too straight to Warner and he started to get going. I’ve found with these sliders from the Spreadsheet and the reworked players, scoring off your legs is easy but getting the ball through the off side is difficult until the player is in, for Warner it took 25-30 balls, Harris it was more 40-45 balls. They but a good partnership of 65 from 19 overs.
I got Harris out with trying to take Leach on and not let him settle, edge to the slip and he is on his way for 27(73).
Marnus and Warner have got off to another Good start but need to make some big runs because it looks like the runs are in the pitch and wickets are going to be interesting.
Good first session, hopefully I can continue on with it.

Attachments

• 917D5706-F257-481D-B477-393DF38FF916.jpeg
    917D5706-F257-481D-B477-393DF38FF916.jpeg
    263 KB · Views: 11
  • 97EDE63C-D7F1-472C-8924-B70AECC6100D.jpeg
    97EDE63C-D7F1-472C-8924-B70AECC6100D.jpeg
    223.2 KB · Views: 11
  • FEC0778D-3050-4638-80B7-3D7F3E869B69.jpeg
    FEC0778D-3050-4638-80B7-3D7F3E869B69.jpeg
    349.9 KB · Views: 9
  • 25FF46BE-8D54-4019-A625-CD51E53FA2C2.jpeg
    25FF46BE-8D54-4019-A625-CD51E53FA2C2.jpeg
    333.5 KB · Views: 8
  • 4B639766-57F4-4E2C-894B-F7ADE0EB7B2F.jpeg
    4B639766-57F4-4E2C-894B-F7ADE0EB7B2F.jpeg
    295.1 KB · Views: 11

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
I have just started an Ashes Series using reworked players and the Australian Sliders.
I wanted a sense of realism to the Ashes so changed the Pitch to Grassy/Dry.

I won the toss and elected to bat, selected the same teams from the actual test match.
Harris and Warner started quite watchful, Wood and Robinson started well with the ball, had to be quite resolute with my shot choices and they didn’t give me any bad balls at all in the first 7 overs. I was scoring at less than 2 and over for the opening spell from both. They changed Robinson and introduced Woakes to the attack and he bowled too straight to Warner and he started to get going. I’ve found with these sliders from the Spreadsheet and the reworked players, scoring off your legs is easy but getting the ball through the off side is difficult until the player is in, for Warner it took 25-30 balls, Harris it was more 40-45 balls. They but a good partnership of 65 from 19 overs.
I got Harris out with trying to take Leach on and not let him settle, edge to the slip and he is on his way for 27(73).
Marnus and Warner have got off to another Good start but need to make some big runs because it looks like the runs are in the pitch and wickets are going to be interesting.
Good first session, hopefully I can continue on with it.
Scoring with left handers off right arm over is just hard coded, not a slider thing.

It's a known issue and has been reported pretty much since launch.

Not really sure of a fix at the moment either, the AI just bowls so many balls onto the pads.

I've also found that right arm over to right handers, the AI does the opposite. Very difficulty indeed to get anything to leg, literally the reverse issue!

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
Just as a PSA to all, check your slider presets if you've imported them from v3 of the spreadsheet into the game.

After this post from Matt: https://www.planetcricket.org/forum...patch-notes-in-first-post.116895/post-3522428

Some of the values that were in v3 as the default have now automatically changed.

I've just gone through mine and the change appears to have affected two values. One is Late Shot Window, the other is pace bowling visual speed.

Pace bowling visual speed has been bumped up across the board by the looks of things. V3 has it as 40 universally, where as this has now been changed to 70.

In truth, I played a game over the last 2 days with the new 70 value as I didn't know it had changed and really didn't mind it. I originally left that value at 40 as it was a new slider and I'd not had much chance to fiddle with it. I know others on here have mentioned they enjoyed the overall batting experience when the slider was increased.

If you want seamers with a bit more zip where you have a smaller window to react, go ahead and leave that slider up. For reference, I've gone with the following:

England - 55
Australia - 65
Asia - 50
South Africa - 65
NZ - 55
West Indies - 60

If and when v4 becomes a reality, I'll add these in.

i.n

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Just as a PSA to all, check your slider presets if you've imported them from v3 of the spreadsheet into the game.

After this post from Matt: https://www.planetcricket.org/forum...patch-notes-in-first-post.116895/post-3522428

Some of the values that were in v3 as the default have now automatically changed.

I've just gone through mine and the change appears to have affected two values. One is Late Shot Window, the other is pace bowling visual speed.

Pace bowling visual speed has been bumped up across the board by the looks of things. V3 has it as 40 universally, where as this has now been changed to 70.

In truth, I played a game over the last 2 days with the new 70 value as I didn't know it had changed and really didn't mind it. I originally left that value at 40 as it was a new slider and I'd not had much chance to fiddle with it. I know others on here have mentioned they enjoyed the overall batting experience when the slider was increased.

If you want seamers with a bit more zip where you have a smaller window to react, go ahead and leave that slider up. For reference, I've gone with the following:

England - 55
Australia - 65
Asia - 50
South Africa - 65
NZ - 55
West Indies - 60

If and when v4 becomes a reality, I'll add these in.
Hi Rumple43 cricket captain is it free demo mate carnt find it
another question these sliders what you have done are brlliant mate.
but want to know say i was batting england in 1st inns do i put on to the home sliders . and when the ai go in to bat do i change to the away sliders .
all so has anyone seen catches in deep since the latest patch ? .thanks ian

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
Hi Rumple43 cricket captain is it free demo mate carnt find it
another question these sliders what you have done are brlliant mate.
but want to know say i was batting england in 1st inns do i put on to the home sliders . and when the ai go in to bat do i change to the away sliders .
all so has anyone seen catches in deep since the latest patch ? .thanks ian
You can get a free trial on Steam as well as the app for Android or Apple. You get a certain amount of games to play then you have to pay to keep playing, but the trial should be fine if you just want to look at players since you can do that without playing a game.

Thanks for the kind words about the sliders. As for home and away, you use the sliders based on the team you are as the user, and they stay for the full game.

If you're controlling England, and you're playing in England, you're the home team, so use the home sliders. They make all aspects of the game slightly easier for you, wether you're batting or bowling, and slightly harder for the AI, to represent a sense of home advantage.

If you're controlling England and the AI is Australia, and you're playing in Australia, you are the away team. Use the away sliders, they make everything a little bit tougher with bat and ball for the user, since its harder to win in a different country no matter who you are.

So no, no need to change sliders mid-game.

Just checking, these sliders do affect career mode, yes?
I would assume so. I've not played career yet to see how/where you can sliders and difficulties, but I would assume there should be a way to put them in there.

George Wileman

School Cricketer
Dunno if I’m being thick here but how do I see the Australian Pitch Sliders on the spreadsheet (can only see the ones for English grounds)

Llewelynf

FRIEDLELE
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Dunno if I’m being thick here but how do I see the Australian Pitch Sliders on the spreadsheet (can only see the ones for English grounds)
Where you see England it's drop down menu with the others

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
It'll depend on how you're using the spreadsheet most likely.

If you're just on regular excel on a desktop:

1643361987451.png

Clicking that little inverted triangle will make the drop down appear, and from there you can select the pitch type and country you want.

The modifier works in the same way:

1643362033485.png
That'll give you a list of additional pitch options, if you want them.

However, if you are viewing the sheet on another piece of software, OpenOffice for example, or an app through your phone, it's possible that the spreadsheet has opened in read only mode and the drop down boxes won't work properly for you.

Hard to trouble shoot it completely as there's a number of variables for how people can access the sheet, but that's my best guess.

Using your sliders and I must admit the game is much more fun than I was expecting. The ball seems to have real pace now!
Agreed, and I noticed pace was a lot more lively once the pace visual speed got a bump in the last patch. A bowler sent a ball down in the low 90s to me with pace visual speed set to 70, and I thought, wow, that was fast ha

whiteninness

Panel of Selectors
Yeah I just setup your sliders and went straight into a 4 day game. I really felt myself struggling to survive which was fun (except when the AI kept bowling crap on leg stump).

Struggled to about 160 as Vic vs WA, so a low total but maybe competitive if I bowl well.

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
Yeah I just setup your sliders and went straight into a 4 day game. I really felt myself struggling to survive which was fun (except when the AI kept bowling crap on leg stump).

Struggled to about 160 as Vic vs WA, so a low total but maybe competitive if I bowl well.
I'll not lie, on some of the harder set ups I just take the runs to leg.

Nothing is a guarantee, I've made a mess of those shots and gotten out before, so if it's there, I'll take it.

Gotta get what you can on a tricky surface!

Users who are viewing this thread