SLIDERS - Around the world in 80 pitch sliders.....again

i.n

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
You can get a free trial on Steam as well as the app for Android or Apple. You get a certain amount of games to play then you have to pay to keep playing, but the trial should be fine if you just want to look at players since you can do that without playing a game.

Thanks for the kind words about the sliders. As for home and away, you use the sliders based on the team you are as the user, and they stay for the full game.

If you're controlling England, and you're playing in England, you're the home team, so use the home sliders. They make all aspects of the game slightly easier for you, wether you're batting or bowling, and slightly harder for the AI, to represent a sense of home advantage.

If you're controlling England and the AI is Australia, and you're playing in Australia, you are the away team. Use the away sliders, they make everything a little bit tougher with bat and ball for the user, since its harder to win in a different country no matter who you are.

So no, no need to change sliders mid-game.

I would assume so. I've not played career yet to see how/where you can sliders and difficulties, but I would assume there should be a way to put them in there.
Thanks Rumple43 Make sense . You Have Done A good Job Mate .

i.n

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Of course, it could have something to do with my seam attack being Dilley, Ellison and Pringle.
Hi Blockerdave If You Mean india have scored 86 of 130 overs I think its something done with the latest patch.

Might be wrong though. Playing today reskilled the sides i was england playing in sri lanka .
sri lanka was 45 /2 after 33 overs loads of maidens though so might after reskill The Teams again.. Thanks ian

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
Dunno what I’ve got wrong on your England sliders @Rumple43 but India 86 are 130+ overs in and still only 7 down!!!!
The more posts I see, the more I feel like BA have been tinkering under the hood again.

They've mentioned that they've outright changed some settings from default to a new default, but I really wouldn't be surprised if other stuff, both intended and unintended, has taken place.

I should get a fairly decent block on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday to play, so I'll see if I come across anything.

Could just be your seam attack though :)

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Hi Blockerdave If You Mean india have scored 86 of 130 overs I think its something done with the latest patch.

Might be wrong though. Playing today reskilled the sides i was england playing in sri lanka .
sri lanka was 45 /2 after 33 overs loads of maidens though so might after reskill The Teams again.. Thanks ian
Nah sorry I meant It’s India from 1986. They’re scoring ok been around 2.4-2.6 runs per over throughout.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
The more posts I see, the more I feel like BA have been tinkering under the hood again.

They've mentioned that they've outright changed some settings from default to a new default, but I really wouldn't be surprised if other stuff, both intended and unintended, has taken place.

I should get a fairly decent block on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday to play, so I'll see if I come across anything.

Could just be your seam attack though :)

So I think it’s a combination of things, all broadly positive.

1 - seam attack is shite. Though they are 8 down now and the wickets are shared Pringle 4, Ellison 3, Gooch (yes I got desperate) 1. Dilley is down at fine leg contemplating 0-100. 3rd new ball due soon and I’ll have to open with Pringle and Ellison!

2 - pitch is green but 2 very sunny days. Forecast cloud for day 3 when I’ll be batting: what joy!!

3 - I think they have tinkered to make spinners less lethal, particularly on these kind of pitches. Edmonds & Emburey have bowled around 40 overs between and not a sniff of a wicket.

4 - I’m based on sliders from your v1 spreadsheet so you may have adjusted England since.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Also they’ve actually only had 3 batsmen do anything, tons for Vengsarkar & Kapil (who’s still there) and a 40-odd from Roger Binny

Last edited:

Matty Smith

School Cricketer
I'm quite new to BA games and the way they work when it comes to interaction with these forums on first impressions im impressed with what ive seen upto now they seem very open and transparent (Not quite as impressive than the legends like wasteyouryouth and rumple just to name a few though mind.) sorry to those ive missed out but top work guys love your work. Getting back to my BA transparency comment i apologise if this is already a feature in the patch notes but if they don't include it i think an "Under the hud" path guide on what is being worked on with the next patch and probably as important the slight changes they do make when it comes to things like game physics etc. It would make life a whole lot easier for atleast our legends of this forum.

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
I'm quite new to BA games and the way they work when it comes to interaction with these forums on first impressions im impressed with what ive seen upto now they seem very open and transparent (Not quite as impressive than the legends like wasteyouryouth and rumple just to name a few though mind.) sorry to those ive missed out but top work guys love your work. Getting back to my BA transparency comment i apologise if this is already a feature in the patch notes but if they don't include it i think an "Under the hud" path guide on what is being worked on with the next patch and probably as important the slight changes they do make when it comes to things like game physics etc. It would make life a whole lot easier for atleast our legends of this forum.
Kind words indeed, I'll tag @wasteyouryouth in case he missed it as well.

Maybe they do change some behind the scenes stuff, maybe they don't. Maybe we just believe they do, and think we see change that isn't really there and vica versa.

There's also been instances where patch notes have mentioned a specific change and the alteration has actually affected a wider base of aspects than intended.

Computer are games are just really complex, and the nature of the beast means you can't test everything every time.

That's why we all chat here, shared experiences, see if others have the same issues, then trouble shoot them together.

Oh, and share fun clips and stories as well. Plenty of that!

midhun333

County Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
Has anyone tried lowering down the striker timing of the AI?
I kept it at 20 and it made the gameplay much better.
Is it for all formats or just test cricket?

Users who are viewing this thread