SLIDERS - Around the world in 80 pitch sliders.....again

Irtileaf

Club Captain
Nah you can’t do it through team (which has always irked me!!) has to be through player but you can filter the player list by team which helps
Thanks mate! Will try doing one team and then carry it onward.
Are you on Ps5 mate? Also since the patch has everything gone bad? As the posts suggest. Or is it still playable?
Was wondering if it bad to wait for another patch

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Thanks mate! Will try doing one team and then carry it onward.
Are you on Ps5 mate? Also since the patch has everything gone bad? As the posts suggest. Or is it still playable?
Was wondering if it bad to wait for another patch
Yeah I’m on ps5. I played yesterday and it was fine. The only bad bug I saw was the cancellation run thing, it was perfectly playable.

think the 2nd inns in my game got a bit bugged too in terms of the AI suddenly being unreasonably aggressive, but I can tone that done by reducing run rate further.

as I’ve found with every BA cricket game, there’s frustrating and often quite distracting bugs but if you put the time into your own set up there’s plenty of fun to be had. I guess I’m lucky the career mode doesn’t interest me so I don’t have to deal with BA modes and teams.

Irtileaf

Club Captain
Yeah I’m on ps5. I played yesterday and it was fine. The only bad bug I saw was the cancellation run thing, it was perfectly playable.

think the 2nd inns in my game got a bit bugged too in terms of the AI suddenly being unreasonably aggressive, but I can tone that done by reducing run rate further.

as I’ve found with every BA cricket game, there’s frustrating and often quite distracting bugs but if you put the time into your own set up there’s plenty of fun to be had. I guess I’m lucky the career mode doesn’t interest me so I don’t have to deal with BA modes and teams.
Got it bro. Thankyou so much.
Have you tried Odis or T20s with this setup? With the reskilled players. Can it be done?
Would be pretty inconvenient to constantly change skills of players. No?

Beefybeef66

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Ok, randomly I upped the spin flight slider (to 80 which is more than i'd like), and now the AI play advance shots as per the attached. So reckon AI stumpings would be possible.

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
Ok, randomly I upped the spin flight slider (to 80 which is more than i'd like), and now the AI play advance shots as per the attached. So reckon AI stumpings would be possible.

I mean, to stump him you'd first have to stop him from smashing you into what appears to be low orbit :-D

But more seriously, that does appear to be an interesting find. I seem to think that turning the flight up created its own problems though,@WealeyH?

Ken Tremendous

International Cricketer
Hows about this then to show collapses can and do happen.

I put up 357 at the Gabba and thought with the Aus slider settings we have massively favouring the bat it wasnt enough, theyd go 450 plus, and at 89/0 and Warner racing along i knew i was right until...

View attachment 261201

Nine clattered for 93 runs, just one more to get to finish them off then build an unassailable lead hopefully.

Great to see the AI isnt just hard coded to put up big scores every time.
A good day three for England as, despite a collapse of sorts after a good start, we bat the day out. We're all out just two overs into Day 4 and set the Aussies a mammoth 393 to win.

Surely thats enough?!

1641935768601.png

Wealey

ICC Board Member
I mean, to stump him you'd first have to stop him from smashing you into what appears to be low orbit :-D

But more seriously, that does appear to be an interesting find. I seem to think that turning the flight up created its own problems though,@WealeyH?

Flight makes the spinner very powerful.. although only if you use the flighted delivery.

That being said.. has anyone every massively re skilled a spinner

Ken Tremendous

International Cricketer
A good day three for England as, despite a collapse of sorts after a good start, we bat the day out. We're all out just two overs into Day 4 and set the Aussies a mammoth 393 to win.

Surely thats enough?!

View attachment 261308
Aussies reeling at 68/3 at lunch, but rebuilding with Smith & Head settling in.

Three very varied dismissals too, one a flying catch by Stokes at gully, one was Warner playing on to a fuller ball from Robinson, then i tied Labuschagne right down and he tried to free the shackles with an aggressive moonshot to mid off that Leach ran back and took on the boundary, it definately seemed not being able to score somehow had an effect on him playing that type of shot...at least i hope so anyway.

To continue tomorrow with England in sight of an opening test victory in Brisbane.

dawg456

Club Cricketer
Stupid question. Is there a spreadsheet with all the slider data on it? I'm only able to access spreadsheet v1 and that only had English data.

D

Deleted member 185125

@Rumple43 I have started playing a new Test on you SA pitch settings, but the bounce for spinners is very low. Any suggestion, without hampering the pace bounce? TIA

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
Stupid question. Is there a spreadsheet with all the slider data on it? I'm only able to access spreadsheet v1 and that only had English data.
The spreadsheet you have is the right one, but the box in the top left is a drop down box with different settings. Change that drop down to something else and the settings on the page will change as well.

There's 6 different set ups in total.

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
@Rumple43 I have started playing a new Test on you SA pitch settings, but the bounce for spinners is very low. Any suggestion, without hampering the pace bounce? TIA
It's an area to be looked at, but it's just how the game is programmed. Spin bounce is universally low across the board, too low. Not sure that sliders will be able to fix it, sadly.

The spin bounce slider only applies to the "bounce" delivery, not all deliveries, so isn't really a solution either. Plus if you turn that one up, the AI then has a quicker ball that is like lightning!

Users who are viewing this thread