SLIDERS - Around the world in 80 pitch sliders.....again

midhun333

County Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I increased the run rate for tests from 15 to 30. AI scored 26 of 10 overs. Need to test a bit more to get a conclusive result. But the boundaries have come down dramatically.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
So I think it’s a combination of things, all broadly positive.

1 - seam attack is shite. Though they are 8 down now and the wickets are shared Pringle 4, Ellison 3, Gooch (yes I got desperate) 1. Dilley is down at fine leg contemplating 0-100. 3rd new ball due soon and I’ll have to open with Pringle and Ellison!

2 - pitch is green but 2 very sunny days. Forecast cloud for day 3 when I’ll be batting: what joy!!

3 - I think they have tinkered to make spinners less lethal, particularly on these kind of pitches. Edmonds & Emburey have bowled around 40 overs between and not a sniff of a wicket.

4 - I’m based on sliders from your v1 spreadsheet so you may have adjusted England since.

It was talked about, about the AI having
less of a target to follow.. I didn’t think/maybe wasn’t paying attention as been busy but didn’t think it was in this build..

maybe it is!

AnmolJ

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Better as in variety of outcomes from AI shots, good and bad?
The gameplay has more depth. The AI won't score a lot of boundaries and even if they manage to get the ball in the gap they get lots of 1s and 2s.

I saw a variety of shots, proper play and misses. Felt like a proper test match.
Post automatically merged:

Is it for all formats or just test cricket?
I have tested this on Test Matches and T10.
For T10 matches, the game seems to be neutral if you're playing on a standard pitch.

midhun333

County Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
The gameplay has more depth. The AI won't score a lot of boundaries and even if they manage to get the ball in the gap they get lots of 1s and 2s.

I saw a variety of shots, proper play and misses. Felt like a proper test match.
Post automatically merged:

I have tested this on Test Matches and T10.
For T10 matches, the game seems to be neutral if you're playing on a standard pitch.
Will try those in t20s tonight. Thanks for sharing

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England

This is pretty much my experience. I have some really satisfying play and misses when I'm bowling, it's a lot of fun.

Pleased to hear it!

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England

Out of interest, have you reskilled players at all?

I ask because my AI striker timing is higher than the 20 you mentioned, but it sounds like we've had similar gameplay experiences.

I've lowered the skills of AI batters, so wondered if we'd reached a similar outcome using different methods

i.n

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Out of interest, have you reskilled players at all?

I ask because my AI striker timing is higher than the 20 you mentioned, but it sounds like we've had similar gameplay experiences.

I've lowered the skills of AI batters, so wondered if we'd reached a similar outcome using different methods
Rumple43 I had a game today just mucking about west indies Al england me .
and i did reskill ai batters and bowlers and its was good felt like test match.
all so what i noticed i play on brodcast camera 1 for batting and you could see The diffrence in the game .

Then i thought i Would switch to batting mid and That was good . So dont know to stick broadcast 1 or batting mid .
and i created fields for ai to use and it pluged a lot gaps . So that made it intresting as well . thanks ian

midhun333

County Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
I think the AI has lost its ability to score boundaries through ground shots after the latest patch. This happens atleast in longer formats. @Rumple43 any tips to fix that. Should I try reducing ball friction?

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
I think the AI has lost its ability to score boundaries through ground shots after the latest patch. This happens atleast in longer formats. @Rumple43 any tips to fix that. Should I try reducing ball friction?
Tough one to remedy, since improving stuff like ball friction or shot force is universal to both teams, not just the AI.

You could increase striker timing for the AI, then increase the power boost for ideal timing batting slider. That may work. It could be the AI becomes a bit automatic though, as lower striker timing seems to lead to more play and misses and organic looking AI. If you go this route, you might want to up the wicket chance a bit to compensate, since you want the AI to hit it harder, not to just be better overall.

You could reskill the team you're playing against to increase their power, but that depends how you're playing. Wouldn't work in career mode, for example. Or drop the power of your own players, but raise the shot force slider. That could work if you're always controlling the same team.

I'd be less inclined to mess with the physics side of things to avoid knock on issues to game play.

Or just wait a bit and see if it self corrects in the next patch or two. That's always a possibility depending on what BA are working on.

midhun333

County Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
Tough one to remedy, since improving stuff like ball friction or shot force is universal to both teams, not just the AI.

You could increase striker timing for the AI, then increase the power boost for ideal timing batting slider. That may work. It could be the AI becomes a bit automatic though, as lower striker timing seems to lead to more play and misses and organic looking AI. If you go this route, you might want to up the wicket chance a bit to compensate, since you want the AI to hit it harder, not to just be better overall.

You could reskill the team you're playing against to increase their power, but that depends how you're playing. Wouldn't work in career mode, for example. Or drop the power of your own players, but raise the shot force slider. That could work if you're always controlling the same team.

I'd be less inclined to mess with the physics side of things to avoid knock on issues to game play.

Or just wait a bit and see if it self corrects in the next patch or two. That's always a possibility depending on what BA are working on.
Probably I should wait for the next patch. But currently I increased the shot force to 65 and set the ball friction to 55 for AI in odi. They have hit a couple of cover drives for four but I have played just 10 overs or so. Need to complete the match to know the full impact.

Vineet2020

School Cricketer
Amped up custom difficulties and got a 50 on a standard hard pitch vs NZ in Tests. Wonder why I was timing it all well after 20-25 balls - turned yellow and then ideal green. Thoughts?

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 27
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    179 KB · Views: 27
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 24
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 22
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 26

Irtileaf

Club Captain

Have you tried the new patch mate? Any changes to be made?

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
Have you tried the new patch mate? Any changes to be made?
I haven't. As usual, it drops late on a Wednesday UK time, and I'm most active Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday daytime.

Nothing in the patch notes suggests it should cause alarm, but, famous last words..... haha

Irtileaf

Club Captain
I haven't. As usual, it drops late on a Wednesday UK time, and I'm most active Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday daytime.

Nothing in the patch notes suggests it should cause alarm, but, famous last words..... haha
Hahahha exactlyyy

Ken Tremendous

International Cricketer
After Australia levelled in Adelaide to square the series 1-1, i was starting to think, its really been a series of mid-level scores, 375 tops, a 331 and some in the 200's.

On a hard, dry MCG deck in nothing but five days of glorious sunshine, the AI decided to teach me a lesson, two full painful days in the field after losing the toss, they declare, bizarrely, after one ball on the third morning.

That was some hard graft in the field.

1644091301749.png

Going to take some effort now to try and copy it, or at least avoid the follow on and bat time, as the chances of winning look slimmer than Kate Moss now after this monster effort.

Users who are viewing this thread