South Africa tour of New Zealand

Z

zaf1986

Originally posted by andrew_nixon79@Feb 20 2004, 02:57 PM
An exciting finish to the third ODI with Pollock hitting three sixes of the final over! He needed a fourth from the final ball, but he didn't score. What a finish!

Result

New Zealand: 254/5 (Papps 67)
South Africa: 249/7 (Gibbs 69)

New Zealand win by 5 runs
They needed Javed Miandad :lol:

R

ricky123

Originally posted by zaf1986+Feb 21 2004, 10:41 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(zaf1986 @ Feb 21 2004, 10:41 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-andrew_nixon79
@Feb 20 2004, 02:57 PM
An exciting finish to the third ODI with Pollock hitting three sixes of the final over! He needed a fourth from the final ball, but he didn't score. What a finish!

Result

They needed Javed Miandad :lol: [/b]
B) polock did better then him ,only he dint win

Z

zaf1986

Originally posted by ricky123+Feb 21 2004, 11:11 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ricky123 @ Feb 21 2004, 11:11 PM)</div>
Originally posted by zaf1986@Feb 21 2004, 10:41 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-andrew_nixon79
@Feb 20 2004, 02:57 PM

Result

They needed Javed Miandad :lol:
B) polock did better then him ,only he dint win [/b]
If you don't win it doesn't matter how many sixes you hit. Miandad hit the six at the right time - Pollock didn't/couldn't.

U

umosay

your laughing at nz? or kyle mills? i agree he's crap at the death, but you can't really talk if your a pakastani seeing as nz beat you 4-1 recently...

Z

zaf1986

Originally posted by umosay@Feb 22 2004, 10:09 AM
your laughing at nz? or kyle mills? i agree he's crap at the death, but you can't really talk if your a pakastani seeing as nz beat you 4-1 recently...
We beat them in the Tests :P

D

deadduck

Originally posted by zaf1986@Feb 22 2004, 06:24 PM

We beat them in the Tests? :P
New Zealand completely dominated the test series apart from 2 one-hour spells, one of which cost us the series. If it weren't for the miraculous "bowling" of Shoaib Akhtar then NZ probably would have won the second test, seeing as we had such a large first innings lead.

So I think it's time for you pakistanis to stop holding that test series over us because you were lucky to win it. In a 2 test series anyone can win it, all it takes is one good session.

Z

zaf1986

If it weren't for the miraculous "bowling" of Shoaib Akhtar then NZ probably would have won the second test, seeing as we had such a large first innings lead.

So I think it's time for you pakistanis to stop holding that test series over us because you were lucky to win it. In a 2 test series anyone can win it, all it takes is one good session

Thats the point. We came back from behind to win the series because we had the bowlers to do it. If use that argument, Australia dominated the first three days at Adeleade and India won. So India were lucky? No, Agarakar and Dravid led them to victory. Thats the difference between good teams and great teams :D

Don't let me have to remind you of Lahore 2002 :P

D

deadduck

Originally posted by umosay@Feb 24 2004, 07:34 PM
your calling pakistan great? LOL? :D? :D? :D? :D
I totally agree.

Pakistan too often underperform and have to rely on one man. New Zealand just can't seem to combat Shoaib Akhtar.

Z

zaf1986

Don't let me have to remind you of Lahore 2002?

I will have to remind you of Lahore.

New Zealand vs Pakistan 1st Test:

Pakistan 643 all out: (Inzamam-ul-Haq 329, Imran Nazir 127)
New Zealand 73 all out: (Shoaib Akhtar 6-11)
New Zealand (following on) 246 all out: (Fleming 66, Vincent 57, Danish Kaneria 5-110)

Pakistan won by an innings and 324 runs

(The Biggest defeat ever suffered by NZ) :lol:

Pakistan did not rely on one man - against you at least - there's four men who played a major part in inflicting the biggest defeat ever on you. :D

N

Nirav85

look we dotn do good on your turf but what r u guys to speak when u come to us...u guys get the crap beat out of u so much that u make bangladesh look like australia...

plus facts are facts pak won the test series awaty on your turf so they deserve the credit..it is your team that collasped so u cant take that away from pak...maybe u guys should just be a better test team

and if u making fun of calling pak great i wouldnt be talking nz r no better...happy thoughts they r like india they cant win outside home...they got their butts kicked in the tvs cup got theit butts kicked by pak countless times and the only time they did well was against lanka and those pitches were hard as it gets

D

deadduck

I agree that New Zealand play best at home, just like any team. However they do play well away from home eg. their last tours of Australia, West Indies, England. They just can't seem to tour the sub-continent well, sri lanka excluded.

I might also add the fact the the NZ team that went to pakistan this season was at best a B team because most of the experienced and good players did not tour due to the trauma that the hotel bombing caused them.

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying NZ are a better team than Pakistan or vice versa I just get annoyed when people say "We're better cos we beat them in the test series" when that series was completely inconclusive about who the better team was.

N

Nirav85

i fine there is no such thing as "the better team" unless u r aus zim and ban woh all have fixed positions..even SA look weak now but again they r doing a little rebuidling themselves thus if feel 2-8(maybe 7 since the windies dont look good) r not locked...any team can beat any team...and i find indian bragging on how they wil beat pak it sstupid because any team there can beat any team we beat england sometimes and they beat us sometimes plus dead duck did u get me pm?

Users who are viewing this thread