Sri Lanka in New Zealand

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
New Zealand have reached 200, but I would say it's still a low total. But I don't know how the pitch is.

irottev

School Cricketer
Low total, definatly. Thank god for that last over. We have enough runs to win still I would say.

The pitch definatly wasn't what we thought it was. Its pretty slow really. Chasing won't be too easy to do.

I must say Styris's wicket angered me the most, secondly Vincent who just didn't fire today, it was unnecessary. Fleming was done by the pitch and slower ball. That ones seemed to keept a little low.

The slower ball got most of our wickets really. Cairns, Marshall and McCullum in soft fashion from slower balls off a slow pitch. We missed Oram at the bottom a little.

Fulton is looking very good. He was unfortonate to get a little too much on his chip shot. Or else he should of gone harder for the six.

Vaas bowled well, I must say. This pitch was most like Sri Lankan conditions that you will get and he loved it.

We should of kept Astle but I guess thats the price you pay for experimenting in dead rubber matches. I just hope Patel can do a good job, another experimental player. I am glad we set a target and considering we havn't set a target for a very long time, it wasn't a terrible effort. Definatly not great though. Fulton, Fleming or Marshall should of gone on.

Whatever happens, win lose or draw we will gain the most out of this match the way it was played. For the fact of the new players and batting first tactic. We can only gain really.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
The runs that Franklin hit in the last over might be the difference maker in this match.

But I would say Sri Lanka is the favourite to win this match now. But New Zealand can make use of their Supersub. Sri Lanka not.

irottev

School Cricketer
We did.

We have pretty much lost this already. THis is a blessing in disguise I am sure.

I want to hear what the selectors and coach have to say about this one. Where the hell is Astle. How the hell can you not keep him in.

Franklin might of made 25 runs or whatever but hes already conceded that many. Not good bowling. Not good batting.

ARGH! The closest of Run Outs, a pretty close LBW rightfully called and a ball going straight up and not being caught. Things ain't going our way. Were putting up a good fight. SL arn't looking good at all now.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
But Franklin has two wickets.

But you can expect a bit a lower team performance if Astle, Oram and Mills aren't in the team.

Sri Lanka are slowly nearing their target. Sangakkara had a good innings, like I used to see of him.

irottev

School Cricketer
THat Atapattu wicket was exactly why Fleming's captaincy is world class. Great bowling too. Mabee we are in with a tiny sniff now if SL collapse.

And the umpire ****s it up. THe umpiring lately has been shocking

Bond is bowling above 150 km/h. Just shows his true pace.

BOWLED!!!!! LBW!!!!!

We ar ein this match.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Sri Lanka is given the match away. :rolleyes: They were really in a good position.

And I see Hair is also there doing his job.

irottev

School Cricketer
STYRIS GOT ONE. SL have totally collapsed.

This bowling is fantastic. Franklin was expensive early which was a shame. He got 2 vital wickets but too many runs.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Can't believe Sri Lanka is in this bad shape.

Only Arnold can do something about this. They need 41 runs from 50 balls. Not much is asked, but only wickets is the problem.

irottev

School Cricketer
Fleming's captaincy has been simply outstanding.

Arnold is their only real hope now I guess. Mabee one of the tailenders has some talent. But it seems so. Apparantly Arnold has won a match for SL on this ground in 2001. So its anyones game.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Arnold is gone. I think now New Zealand will win this match.

irottev

School Cricketer
ARNOLD GONE!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

FANTASTIC BOWLING from PATEL. Fleming's captaincy is simply the best. FANTASTIC!

1 more to get. Again if I was a Sri Lankan this supersub rule would annoy me. They havn't gotten any use from theirs and ours simply put us back in the game and mabee has even won it for us - fingers crossed.

Two almost catches falling short. Mabee things are going to go Sri Lanka's way. Jeez we have come back it would hurt if we lost.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Patel has already two wickets as a Supersub. Bandara has actually come for Muralitharan as Supersub. But bringing a bowler for a bowler doesn't make much difference.

But New Zealand still didn't finish this. Sri Lanka need 29 runs in 30 balls. But they've got plenty of balls left.

cric_maniac

School Cricketer
WOW how SL could even be in this position is amazing,Great bowling by NZ,Patel and Vettori and now Bond with his pace against the tailenders should win the match for NZ.Its not over yet but NZ look like pulling of an amazing win

Users who are viewing this thread