Suggestions for next Bas Cricket game

Brett1234

School Cricketer
I think the game is great so far. But something I'd like to see is a bit more energy for fast bowlers when they hit the crease. More anger in the release, heavy landings etc. Doesn't mean that the actions all have to be like Shoaib. Just show some subtle things to highlight the hard physical aspects of fast bowling. And, I just have to add this, include Mohamed Amir and Glenn McGrath bowling actions because they are amazing.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Based on the games I’ve played recently, having come back to it after quite a long break, I would say AI fields (as ever), pitch visuals (as ever), and pitch/ball deterioration (as ever) are my priorities. The basics of gameplay are pretty damn good and these extra things being improved would be aces

rohitsharma_MI

School Cricketer
BA have improved a lot from DBC 14. Still need some changes as it is not 2000, it is 2020. So according to the other sports game they need to focus lot of things:

1. Graphics : Cloth simulations, hair/mustache/beard styles - Now the clothes are feeling like they have pasted on the body. Hair and beard is like wigs.

2. Sounds : Commentary is awful. Everybody knows that. We need that in a good flow with less repeated words. Ball hitting to the bat sounds are not good. Just watch a real match and check the sweet sounds when the ball hitting the bat. Atmosphere - This thing is really important. Now the game has a sleepy atmosphere even if it is a final or a big chase.

3. Camera : Need multiple angles (Dynamic camera) when fielding. Like, if the ball is hit to long on, the camera will be from that area (behind the fielder like the real match). There should be more cut scenes like the real matches than the repeated funny cut scenes.

4. Animations : More fluid batting/bowling/fielding animations. Now the cut shots, late cut, pull etc are not good. There is no need to throw every ball back to the keeper.

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
DBC l4 is all time great cricket game in terms of batting gameplay but bowling was a set back.
I owned all BA games on 3 platforms infact.
Front and Back foot cover drives and square drives, square cuts were perfect in 14 and up to some extent in DBC17.
Big bash boom had a great influence on Cricket 19, the batting animations are bad and arcadey in 19.
Bowling and fielding is good but batting is let down in Cricket 19.

Ashy-90

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
add Sweats on Players after 4-5 overs ... it looks realistic as FIFA

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
One thing I've wanted and forget to mention is allowing us to see more shots for a batting style when designating it for a player in the academy.

If possible a way that we could 'play' the shot in the academy by pushing the necessary buttons that we would use to play the shot in game. Or have it run through a few more shots, at the moment I think it's just the one.

Would be particularly useful if more batting styles are added in the future.

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
Retired hurt, I don't see any of this.

Avoiding a wicked bouncer animation, I love the batsmen hopping about on the crease.

AI dancing down the wicket to hit the ball.

Sounds of crowds from around the world to create atmosphere.

More kit styles that work. Jumpers that work.

Run out animations that work.

More fast bowling animations, it would be cool to see a nippy Wasim Akram, smooth Micheal Holding, wide of the crease Colin Croft, close to the stumps Glenn McGrath, a magical Abdul Qadir, a slingshot Jeff Thompson, a hell bent on fury Dennis Lillee, or if too much at least add in an animation where the bowler holds the ball in two hands before release.

I really love the Tait and Malinga animations.

A few batting animations, Lara high back lift, Chanderpaul square on.

Hair styles, to individualise the players more.

Proper cricket boots from the old days.

Neckerchiefs, towels, arm bands.

Floppy white hats and a variety of styles that can we choose colours for.

Team blazers when you look at the screens it would be good to take a snapshot of teams in blazers or tracksuits, as well as their kits.

I've really enjoyed cricket 19 and it has been a big step up from the previous two which were good, though I didn't play DB14 much , it had a lot if editing features I liked when it came to kits.

Last edited:

Ashy-90

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Graphics on Players needs to be improved much since its a 2020 release , we need as possible best looking game overall
Untitled-1.jpg

>Sweat on players during long innings and long formats
> Facial Expressions - angry , smile with body lang .
> Player Shirts to be improved while moving it should have some reality

Rex0

School Cricketer
Lots of commentary. Doesn't necessarily need to be TV commentators.

When players are chasing a ball or just running in general, they are supposed to have some slowdown of momentum before stopping. Right now, they just stop almost immediately, which is so unnatural. Even Cricket 2007 had proper animations for that.

Last edited:

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
More batting and bowling animations, specially batting animations with respect to shot rating (poor, average, good, very good and world-class) 5 shots animation for every shots

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
How do you decide what animation = world class?
Simple, get in house studio guys who play cricket to mocap poor and average shots animation, some club cricketers for good shots animations and professional cricketers for very good and world-class shot animations, BTW I am sure Glenn Maxwell can imitate every type of shots. Haha

Users who are viewing this thread