Super 8: 20th Match England v India

Status
Not open for further replies.
You just wish you had a series that comes REMOTELY close to the ashes.

I can smell your jealousy and bitterness, its beautiful.

No, not at all why should i be jealous of "Ashes" which literally means The earthy or mineral particles of combustible substances remaining after combustion, as of wood or coal.

LOL, just kidding, even the avatar is for fun :D

You just wish you had a series that comes REMOTELY close to the ashes.

I can smell your jealousy and bitterness, its beautiful.

Hell, even India-Australia is better! Remember that classic argument? The world is jealous of us, we dont need to be jealous of anybody. The world is at our feet (IPL, BCCI's clout in world cricket, the fan backing that India gets wherever we go, etc).

No, not at all why should i be jealous of "Ashes" which literally means The earthy or mineral particles of combustible substances remaining after combustion, as of wood or coal.

LOL, just kidding, even the avatar is for fun :D
I'd give up talking about the Ashes if I were you, you clearly have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

Hell, even India-Australia is better! Remember that classic argument? The world is jealous of us, we dont need to be jealous of anybody. The world is at our feet (IPL, BCCI's clout in world cricket, the fan backing that India gets wherever we go, etc).

and you wonder why you get called arrogant.

That's why you got the reaction you did, there's no point throwing stick back to where it came from when you've lost, you have simply got to learn to take it on the chin or people are going to revel in beating India.

Yuvraj's stumping won us the game, I was dancing around the room when it happened. It's swings and roundabouts, if you beat us you would be delighted. The reaction of the Indian fans was worse because they have a poorer reputation than us.

What? Come again?

Dont worry, next time we will be ready to clap at England's defeat (everywhere, not only against India!). We will have a lot to clap at. This time, we didnt expect it from England (we expect it from Australia who have been our more recent celebrated rivals). But now the English are new entrants. We will have this going for quite sometime now.

Right mate, why don't you then mind your business :)
This whole thing is hilarious. Indian fans claiming that the English are arrogant (pot. kettle. black.) and some even trying to degrade the Ashes, the single most historic, intense and important rivalry in world cricket.

That doesn't work when the Australians value the Ashes more then any Indian-Australia series. Also the arrogance of that last sentence just shows why you guys are so incredibly unpopular.

Oh yeah, btw. We are so jealous we don't have slums. Damn, it really does get to me, I can't look out my window and see children walking around barefoot in rubbish tips. But hey!!!! It's all good, because the BCCI is so strong :rolleyes:

What rubbish? This guy now goes into India as a whole when I am talking about the cricket, the money (related to cricket) and those sort of things.... Are you drunk mate?

This whole thing is hilarious. Indian fans claiming that the English are arrogant (pot. kettle. black.) and some even trying to degrade the Ashes, the single most historic, intense and important rivalry in world cricket.

Take it on the chin, Sir. You guys have been advicing others to do it

What rubbish? This guy now goes into India as a whole when I am talking about the cricket, the money (related to cricket) and those sort of things

Just bringing you back down to earth mate, you seem to have got a bit dizzy with your head so far up in the clouds. Oh wait, that happened last night :D

Take it on the chin, Sir. You guys have been advicing others to do it
But the idea of giving fans stick is to actually use the truth, not blatant lies. People trying to tell us the Ashes is not important? Lies. And they know it. People telling us the English are arrogant? Lies. And they know it. At least try and brush up your skills and use truth in this banter.

Looking back at the last few pages of this thread and I have come to the conclusion that the Indian members of this board (as a general group) are the sorest losers of all.

Whenever the Indian team loses, chaos breaks out. Now, I'm a fan of chaos - but unfortunately the "chaos" we are seeing here pretty much consists of whining, excuses and immature attacks directed at the other side.

Hell, even India-Australia is better!

I have a little chuckle to myself whenever I see someone say this. The funny thing is (as Tom pointed out) is that every Australian on Earth values the Ashes higher than the Border Gavaskar trophy - yet the Indian's still manage to say it's "better" than the Ashes. It doesn't work if only 1 side thinks that.

The other thing I love about this defeat is that England don't view the T20 world cup all that highly, they are much more worried about the Ashes. The Indian's on the other hand arguably take the T20 world cup the most serious out of all the teams - yet they've lost to a group who aren't incredibly phased.

This is hilarious, I wish I wasn't going out, we've been tearing him a new arsehole so long his backside looks like swiss cheese.

But the idea of giving fans stick is to actually use the truth, not blatant lies. People trying to tell us the Ashes is not important? Lies. And they know it. People telling us the English are arrogant? Lies. And they know it. At least try and brush up your skills and use truth in this banter.

What is truth to you might not be truth to everyone. Truth lies in the eyes of the person who sees it. We think the Ashes is not as important as it was before, and we believe in it. We think that the English fans are arrogant (based on what we have seen) and we believe in it. If you dont agree, then that doesnt become the truth that we need to base our banter upon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread