Super 8: 20th Match England v India

Status
Not open for further replies.

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
The one thing that's making me LOL so hard is the amazing level of double standards being shown by some of the Indians on here. When we got beat by the dutch the Indian fans were as giddy as anything and wasted no time in rubbing it in. However, we all took it in good spirit because we are proper cricket fans who realised that it just wasn't our day and we have the humility to laugh at our team. But no, apparently when India get owned no one is allowed to say anything because they're all INDIA KING OF WIN when in reality they are just a massive trash heap of FAIL with the most dislikeable players of any time, an unprecedented level of arrogance and a set of fans who are joke supporters.

See you in semis boys.

evertonfan added 2 Minutes and 23 Seconds later...

Without trying to fan the flames we are a terrible 20-20 side, but anything can happen in this form of cricket.

9 out of 10 times India would probably have chased that total but they made some mistakes and England played a near perfect fielding game.

I'll be surprised if we Beat West Indies, but not as surprised as i was that we beat India.

OMFG look how arrogant this English fan is Indian people!!!1!

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
Sorry not racist but yeah the arrogance is the highlight of this thread .

My apologize if i harmed anyone sentiments :(

Whats with your avatar? Are you implying the ashes is a joke? If so then you are simply a fail, and it shows that the Indians are jealous that us Aussies rate a series higher and more worthy then the one we have against Inida.

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
When India lose there batting order in a few years, you won't maintain the same level we have. Your minor successes atm won't last very long.

How can you say that? I mean, can you see into the future or something? India have some very good players coming up as well.

I have always maintained that while India has probably been playing their best cricket ever, they still were not the best team in the world. Indian cricket always will be hyped up.

What India realised yesterday (albeit in a insignificant form of the game) as did South Africa during the return test series against Australia, is how difficult it is to maintain your position. Makes you realise exactly how good the Australians were because they maintained their number one spot, game after game, series after series and tournament after tournament. Neither SA or Ind have reached anywhere near that sort of dominance yet.

karnog

International Cricketer
Its all good indian fans... we'll just rehash the 2007 WC
No one will know the difference:spy
Yuvraj hits another six sixes
And India win again :banana2

Will_NA

Chairman of Selectors
You should. Because you havent won many against India in recent times (even in the test matches both India and in England).

Expecting a reaction now saying "England have not been a good team and so we know that we are anyway going to lose. But you are the best team in the world and you ought not to lose".:p:D

Nope, you are one of the most over-confident teams in the world and it's brilliant to dump you out.

Chetan0304

Chairman of Selectors
Whats with your avatar? Are you implying the ashes is a joke? If so then you are simply a fail, and it shows that the Indians are jealous that us Aussies rate a series higher and more worthy then the one we have against Inida.

It's India dear, learn to spell :)

karnog

International Cricketer
Honestly though. India may have sunk because of complacency but the major factor was that the basics weren't executed. Poor shot selection, turning the strike wasn't great, very poor ground fielding, unable to play the shorter balls, etc. A rather erratic performance in this world cup. Can't be champions if we play like that i'm afraid. Congrats to England. Wasn't brilliant but it was the excellent team work that got you through. Bodes badly for the Ashes if Bottom is back... out of interest why didn't Kumar play?

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
This thread has run its course.

Frankly, I'm extremely disappointed by the behavior of some of the senior non-Indian PC members who continue to promote the India-versus-non India atmosphere at PC. I have voiced many times my concerns over generalizing the whole nations' fans over the behavior of a few and you guys seem to get it but are still greedy for an opportunity to rub it everyone's face, complete with insults against the country (not just the fans), with a small disclaimer saying that it is directed against only a few fans.

Finally, it appears Indian fans can never win. If one stops supporting their player after they fail, we are categorized as "pure fans" who change their support depending on the mood. When we support our players even after they fail, we are categorized as "arrogant". We can't win, and playing ping pong with these arguments is getting extremely irritating.

If anyone has any concerns feel free to PM me.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
As an addendum, I am not condoning the actions of most of the Indian members on this thread. The way we built up our Twenty20 campaign, we were only going to cop it if we got knocked out. That's the way over-confidence works--the people you talk down to before will have their turn at you when they get the chance. The nonsense about The Ashes not being important, etc. was also pretty silly.

Both sides were at fault. All I'm saying is that I would have preferred that the non-Indian members, being on average the more mature demographic in this discussion, had been a little more thoughtful about picking their battles.

As always, I'm open to PM's regarding this. I have nothing against discussion, but if the discussion is going to boil down to name-calling and slagging off each other's countries and fans then it's really not worth continuing.

Sureshot

Executive member
To add to Sohum's closing post, we are very disappointed with the behaviour of several established members who should be setting the standards for others to follow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread