Super 8: 17th Match SA v WI

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
so who ever lose in the England vs India match then they are out?

Not really. If India win and loose to RSA and England win against WI RSA will have 6 points and all other will be on 2.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Jip. He along with abdullah are the back up seamers. Seems those two and peterson and ontong are going to have a lovely vacation during the tournament.

I didn't think he would have enough control to play limited over games. But yeah SA are the team to beat. It will be a Sri Lanka-SA final.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
so who ever lose in the England vs India match then they are out?

Partially YES! If India lose to England, THEY ARE OUT!!! Because England will then have 2 points (WI also have two points) and so even if India win against SA, they will end up with 2 points whereas the winner of the England-WI game will have 4 points and they along with SA (who already have 4 pts) will progress to the semifinals.

If England lose, they still have a chance (although a slim and outside chance). They have to beat the West Indies by a big margin and hope that SA thrash India by a huge margin (so that they could get in by NRR). So its do-or-die for India, not England (although England's chances would be almost as good as over).

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Parnell just gets better and better. Hes got to be one of the best T20 bowlers going around.
This time Taylor shinned but Edwards wasn't too bad either. The problems began once those two left. Batting wise, Simmons is proving to be an absolute gun in T20. Just a shame he had no support of WI could have pulled that off.

SA finally got Gibbs firing, knew he was going to fire sooner or later. Middle order didn't go so well this game but I can see JP firing in one of the next few games. Bowling wise it was the first time we had seen SA exposed a bit. Botha was the key component this time, with him going for runs that forced Smith to find 6 overs between part timers.

stefan

International Coach
I didn't think he would have enough control to play limited over games. But yeah SA are the team to beat. It will be a Sri Lanka-SA final.

I know. I was in favor of parnel being in the side . Just stated that some questioned his inclusion and prefered adbullah and morkel.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Parnell just gets better and better. Hes got to be one of the best T20 bowlers going around.
This time Taylor shinned but Edwards wasn't too bad either. The problems began once those two left. Batting wise, Simmons is proving to be an absolute gun in T20. Just a shame he had no support of WI could have pulled that off.

SA finally got Gibbs firing, knew he was going to fire sooner or later. Middle order didn't go so well this game but I can see JP firing in one of the next few games. Bowling wise it was the first time we had seen SA exposed a bit. Botha was the key component this time, with him going for runs that forced Smith to find 6 overs between part timers.

Parnell has impressed me a lot. At the U19 WC he was able to bowl big inswingers and outswingers. He had one game where he took 6 for 8 against Bangladesh and he was just toying with them. It was really good to watch, they didn't have a clue where it was going.But Kepler Wessels (his coach from last years emerging players tour in Aus) said during the NZ game that he has lost the ability to swing it big. If he ever gets it back he is going to be really good.

Users who are viewing this thread