Super 8: 24th Match India v SA

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Pride game! Hope we take this game very very seriously and prove a point! Inspite of playing poorly, we fell short by just 3 runs to England. I know SA is a very tough side, but we are capable of beating South Africa. Had we beaten England, this would have been a blockbuster game in the offing. Now it has lost its sheen due to India's exit

We should play our best XI and play it like a final. Quitting the tournament with a win would be wonderful for India.

mdoggie

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
India have shown a glaring weakness against the short ball and I would like to see South Africa exploit that. Steyn, Parnell and Morkel could get a few early wickets if they bowl a few good short balls. And now that Morne Morkel is replacing Kallis, India will have to face even more 140km/h bouncers, How fun.

South Africa are definitely favourites, they have bowled better, batted better and their fielding, well that has being on another level.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
The South African bowlers will be to quick for the Indian batsmen, they pretty much just have to dig it in short and India's top order will fade away.

To bad Sehwag never played, India really could of done with him.

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
The South African bowlers will be to quick for the Indian batsmen, they pretty much just have to dig it in short and India's top order will fade away.

To bad Sehwag never played, India really could of done with him.

We are making too much of India`s ability to play quick bowling here based on a couple of T20 games. We would not be talking of all this had Sehwag been there and tonked a couple of upper cuts for six against some of the upper cuts to just make a mockery of the short stuff. It is not like we have`nt done well abroad at all. You don`t win test matches at Perth and Jo`burg while struggling against short bowling. Heck, we won the last T20 WC in SA which is reputed for quick pitches. If teams think they can turn up against India and just win by bowling short, they are in for a real surprise, at least in ODIs and Tests.
Sehwag and Tendulkar won`t let bowlers bowl short stuff at them continuously. Yuvraj,Dhoni and Gambhir are not the worst against short-pitched bowling. Raina and Sharma have to definitely improve though.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
I know that, but this isn't a test match or ODI is it. Raina and Sharma are no where near as good as Tendulkar and Sehwag at playing the short ball.

King Cricket

International Coach
I will agree with Howsie here. Our top order looked terrible against the short ball in the last match. We need to be more careful. Otherwise their bowlers will just blow us away. And yeah, it's a pride game! It's also a game which will decide the first as well as the last spot of this group. And surely, MSD wouldn't like it if India is placed last, and, he also has another tough job in his hands- silence his critics who are continuously whinging about his batting by scoring something big- so he'll remain pretty charged up. But on the other hand, the Saffas- it's sort of a pride match for them as well, if they win this they will finish first. So, it will be some game. :cool:

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
You know what, I'd have rather that Sharma failed in the earlier matches as opener aswell so we would have atleast had someone else like Dhoni in for him [the earlier he comes, the earlier he goes, the less he affects the run rate.]

Chetan0304

Chairman of Selectors
South africa play for a win to enter in semi's with confidence and India play for pride. to beat the top team of the tournament will vanish the bitterness which developed after the India - Eng match.

C'mon India :happy

UV! King of T20 ! King of Sixes ! King of Durban! :cool:

Gurjot95

National Board President
UV! King of T20 ! King of Sixes ! King of Durban!
I always wanted to quote that line.

If India win here then they will go home with pride but SA wanted to go in semis with winning confidence. Will be tough game and let the best team win.

Chak de India!;)

coolz_hari

International Coach
India is playing with same side.I would like to see Ishant sharma out of team .he is better in odi & tests. but dhoni wants to prove everyone wrong

coolz_hari added 0 Minutes and 49 Seconds later...

All the best India

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Can't believe Jadeja got another game, to be honest. Dhoni must be blind or is retaliating against the selectors by continuously playing Jadeja and showing him to be a T20 failure.

Users who are viewing this thread