Super 8: 24th Match India v SA

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Pretty sure Botha's 2nd wicket was a doosra, certainly came out of his hand completely differently to his offy. Be in trouble if it was the Doosra.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Thank god, Bhajji and Yuvraj got two boundaries from the over.

Hope we can get a little close. Give me some entertainment guys!

Highlander999

ICC President
Hope India at least get it past 110, I'll feel very sorry for the Indian XI if they have to go back to India if they totally balls up their final match and deal with the media backlash

Sartaj

Panel of Selectors
Hey,i was thinking that since dhoni is neither doing well with the bat nor with the gloves and his captaincy has also been below par.why not drop him and draft dinesh karthik or uthappa in instead (let dhoni play only tests for some time) dhoni's off field controversies have already cost him his reputation.let him land back on the ground and then consider him for selection.

Last edited:

LongLegs?

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hey,i was thinking that since dhoni is neither doing well with the bat nor with the ball and his captaincy has also been below par.why not drop him and draft dinesh karthik or uthappa in instead (let dhoni play only tests for some time) dhoni's off field controversies have already cost him his reputation.let him land back on the ground and then consider him for selection.

Lol at Uthappa. There are many players I consider to be ahead of Uthappa currently.

Karthik, Praveen and Ojha should've got chances today.

Edit: All up to Yuvraj now, the only guy who has looked the part with the bat for us this tournament against strong opposition. Hopefully Jadeja can show us some of that talent of his as well - he can bat at a quick pace, as long as he doesn't moronically try to bash every delivery out of the ground.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Hey,i was thinking that since dhoni is neither doing well with the bat nor with the ball and his captaincy has also been below par.why not drop him and draft dinesh karthik or uthappa in instead (let dhoni play only tests for some time) dhoni's off field controversies have already cost him his reputation.let him land back on the ground and then consider him for selection.

Dropping Dhoni is not the way to go. He has been extremely superb for India and he deserves chances to prove himself again. When Ganguly, Dravid, etc got so many chances inspite of failing for quite sometime, why not dhoni?

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Oh well, another loss in this disastrous campaign. We really need some maturity in this batting line up. Thank god we have Sachin in the ODI line up.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
We need to employ our brains while batting. First Suresh Raina decides to slog-sweep against the spin on a pitch that clearly accepts spin. Then Rohit Sharma decides to go for the slog in the same over we've already lost a wicket. Yusuf plays one of the silliest shots of the game to poke it to cover for a catch.

We can't play bounce, we can't play spin. Do we expect flat tracks everywhere? After the start we got, falling to South African spinners is unacceptable. We should have pushed them around instead of trying to slog them out of the ground.

This team looks like they're just read to get on the plane and go to the West Indies. If Dhoni wanted to show any solidarity behind his team selection, he wouldn't send Jadeja in to bat after Harbhajan.

Sartaj

Panel of Selectors
Hey guys,SA is a bit ahead of INDIA in all the 3 forms of the game.SA is simply awesome! They almost beat us in our backyard in the last test series and we haven't won a test series in SA as well.

Will_NA

Chairman of Selectors
South Africa to win this Twenty20. They are phenomenal.

Master Khan

National Board President
PAK...
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Dame I can't believe India didn't win any matchs in the Super 8.
I really wanted India to win this match

Sartaj

Panel of Selectors
So,the pitch was just not good for batting against spinners.that's the reason why NZ looked so ridiculous with the bat.phew!

Gurjot95

National Board President
My prediction comes true but UV is still King of Sixes. He has hit 9 sixes in this tournament and no one is even behind him. Bravo only hits 6 sixes.

LongLegs?

Club Cricketer
We need to employ our brains while batting. First Suresh Raina decides to slog-sweep against the spin on a pitch that clearly accepts spin. Then Rohit Sharma decides to go for the slog in the same over we've already lost a wicket. Yusuf plays one of the silliest shots of the game to poke it to cover for a catch.

We can't play bounce, we can't play spin. Do we expect flat tracks everywhere? After the start we got, falling to South African spinners is unacceptable. We should have pushed them around instead of trying to slog them out of the ground.

This team looks like they're just read to get on the plane and go to the West Indies. If Dhoni wanted to show any solidarity behind his team selection, he wouldn't send Jadeja in to bat after Harbhajan.

Yeah, I agree with what sohum says. The temperament of the Indian batsmen was quite ridiculous today. Clearly Dhoni and Kirsten have some thinking to do. To me, this Indian team has not shown the drive the Indian team last year showed - those guys wanted to win, but you clearly don't see that in this bunch of guys.

Congrats to South Africa, looking great as usual. The lack of spin bowlers was their witness, but they seem to be doing fine with Botha and Roelof in the shorter forms and Harris in the longer form right now. Obviously they are the favourites for the title, but there's still 3 other teams still in the competition, and in Twenty20, you can't rule anyone out.

Users who are viewing this thread