Super 8: 14th Match England v SA

stefan

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
And some people were questioning whether parnel should be in this side.:D Great opening spell from him and steyn that set the trend. The moment KP got out it was over. None the other english batsmen have the class to take the game away from us.

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
FFS, that was a pile of (Words I can't describe unless i want to live on mod preview)

I didn't expect us to win, but Jesus Christ, Cmon.

Pathetic.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
None of them are good enough for 20/20 cricket period. If Kevin Pietersen doesn't score, England lose.

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
Oh well, there goes that theory that if i back England to lose we win.

Another theory is that if i back England to win, we lose.

Maybe i should just have a cup of STFU.

If England win this i'll post pictures of my manhood in the announcements section under a thread title called Gas In Cock Shocker.

Will_NA

Chairman of Selectors
Colly's not pro-active enough as a Cap'N! Arr!

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
I expected South Africa to win, but this was a well scripted demolition. England will need to win the next two matches against India and West Indies to progress.

stefan

International Coach
Well done to the boys. Batting was a bit slow but pitch wasn't the best. Did what was needed.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
I think it's time for England to seriously rethink this T20 lark. We need a proper T20 side, and one that's not carrying passengers like Collingwood, Wright (although he does look to have improved somewhat) and in T20 cricket you could count James Anderson in that list. I think it's time we look to the counties and go into the next T20 WC with a side of:

1. Ravi Bopara
2. Stephen Davies/Craig Kieswetter +
3. Kevin Pietersen *
4. Jonathan Trott
5. Owais Shah
6. Andrew Flintoff
7. Dimitri Mascheranas
8. Adil Rashid
9. Graeme Swann
10. Stuart Broad
11. Ryan Sidebottom/James Anderson

That's got to be a stronger side surely. Better openers, a middle order capable of playing some strokes, a powerful lower order and more than enough bowling options. Could get Napes in there if Dimi doesn't perform, but I'm happy with that atm. Just a shame I couldn't get Fos in there, but for team balance it's better to have someone like Davies or Kieswetter opening the batting. It'll never happen though, as Wright's all but secured his place for the next 5 years, Collingwood will never be dropped, KP won't take the captaincy and Trott seems to have rubbed the selectors up the wrong way somehow.

Although, saying all that. The good England team'll bother turning up to the next game, and we'll beat India. Unlikely, but given this team's inconsistency I wouldn't be surprised. Such a frustrating team to follow.

Last edited:

RoboRocks

Chairman of Selectors
I somehow expect a hammering such as this.

Credit to SA, they bowled well and we really are relying too much on Pietersen. Our batsmen don't seem to be able to rotate the strike enough and on that pitch boundaries were hard to come by.

Our bowling is good and our fielding is decent but we need to improve our fielding to compete with the best sides in the world.

Mercules

Club Cricketer
Kallis is a machine.

Not a great performance but not bad enough to warrant wholesale changes.

Plus I reckon I've underestimated Rashid, he impressed me today.

Raj_Aryan

Club Cricketer
I somehow expect a hammering such as this.

Credit to SA, they bowled well and we really are relying too much on Pietersen. Our batsmen don't seem to be able to rotate the strike enough and on that pitch boundaries were hard to come by.

Our bowling is good and our fielding is decent but we need to improve our fielding to compete with the best sides in the world.

Yes,they are heavily relying on KP and Flintoff,they are a decent side as you said ,no doubt ,but they need to also need to improve their batting performance

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
I expected South Africa to win, but this was a well scripted demolition. England will need to win the next two matches against India and West Indies to progress.

Another case of OMFG WTF RLY?!?!1!

I reckon we might go through though. Although on the other hand, we won't. And on the third hand, we really won't.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Another case of OMFG WTF RLY?!?!1!

I reckon we might go through though. Although on the other hand, we won't. And on the third hand, we really won't.

England should try and score more runs, I think that might help.

Users who are viewing this thread