TAOC Alpha Pre-Release Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

AkshayS

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
how about you guys help us get more exposure.

right now, we are too planetcricket centric. other than a few hundred people,not many are aware of an upcoming game known as TAOC.

and since the vidz have been received extremely well, i wouldnt mind if you guys do a bit of PR work and spread our name in the other forums, websites etc.

could be done by blogs, facebook, orkut community(I'll do this) etc.
I will also do my best.

Hitterman

International Coach
Videos are fantastic. The collisions are very realistic :). I am really excited about the demo version.

how about you guys help us get more exposure.

right now, we are too planetcricket centric. other than a few hundred people,not many are aware of an upcoming game known as TAOC.

and since the vidz have been received extremely well, i wouldnt mind if you guys do a bit of PR work and spread our name in the other forums, websites etc.
:p

saiyaman

Club Cricketer
This is my review on the videos.

These are my overall comments on the three videos followed by the individual ones. As the others have no doubt told this a lot of times, the collision system is fantastic! I would still say there's always room for improvement but this fits the game to a T. :D
The sound is amazing as well. Bat hitting the ball gives off a nice sound.

Video1:
The Warne bowling animation was splendid. I don't think I have seen it done this well in any Cricket game till date! Batsman animation is smooth and the way he flows from the charge into the straight shot is perfect! Even the batsman shaking his bat till when the ball leaves the bowler's arm looked nice. :)

Video 2:
The batsman attempts a shot and the way he misses the ball is too good! Brett Lee's bowling animation was captured very well too.
I really loved the pace with which the ball broke through the batsman. Some games like BLC 2005 made it look slow even though the ball was supposed to be travelling at 150+ kph.
As one member also replied, the ball looks to be somewhat of a distraction although I don't mind it much.

Video 3:
The way the ball traveled on the outfield was great. Textbook shot from the batsman too! :D

Shortcomings in my opinion:
In the first video, after the batsman hits the ball it feels as though the ball doesn't really touch the ground when it bounces. But I also feel it's just an illusion so I can't really find anything wrong in these wonderful videos! :)

My humble suggestions:
If you are looking to add realistic crowd sounds into the final release, then I suggest a great example which is BLC 99.
Also, if you would increase the speed at which the fast bowler runs then I think it will look perfect. The spin bowler's run up seems nice but the fast bowler looks to be a little slow. Then again, I might be seeing too much into this.

Thanks for a nice preview guys! Hope my comments helped. All the best for your grand release! ^_^

Hitterman

International Coach
I would prefer a Facebook page instead of Group for TAOC. It looks professional too :)

Just look at the stats of this thread now,
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 17 (12 members and 5 guests)
Hitterman*, chaitanyaraghav, Mushfiq, sohail, guna24, Friend863+, saiyaman, nabeel3494, sunsamrat1980, session, shan111

guna24

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
this is awesome..excellent work guys. waiting eagrly to play beta version. you guys got perfect result after putting 5years of effect:hpraise

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
And that gives me an idea. Perhaps we can get more publicity through Facebook? Once the Alpha is released I'll put a link to it and a description in my status. Pretty sure many friends of mine will be interested.

Hitterman

International Coach
And that gives me an idea. Perhaps we can get more publicity through Facebook? Once the Alpha is released I'll put a link to it and a description in my status. Pretty sure many friends of mine will be interested.
A link on MSN/Gtalk status will help a bit too.

chaitanyaraghav

Club Cricketer
+1 If every member here who has a facebook account updates his status about TAOC,then it could spread enough.

And more importantly the purpose of this cricket game should be known to people.Those who expect slog fests should better not come near this.

gudduthemaster

International Cricketer
Excellent Videos,Especially 3rd and 2nd one:hpraise:hpraise,
Btw one thing,that ball Icon is kinda Annoying,either move it or Remove it :D

and In case of Publicity i am trying my best,:)

Hitterman

International Coach
Google Adwords campaign is also a good idea if the developers have some fund or PC is really to put an advertising banner for sometime.

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Excellent videos guys, loved the first one especially. One thing about the second one, the batsman doesn't seem to move his feet at all, in fact his back leg goes away from the ball. Is this just a case of bad timing which is purposely shown or do the batsman not put their front foot the the pitch/line of the ball when playing (i.e EA's games)?

All in all an amazing view into the game so far and it looks like it could well be the best ever made.

As for the publicity thing, why not use sites like Facebook, as mentioned, and Twitter. I don't use twitter myself but some people might and it's a good way of getting quick updates out there on the game. Have links to both from your main website.

Great work guys.

Hitterman

International Coach
Also use social bookmarking sites like Digg, Reddit, StumbleUpon, Furl etc

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
Excellent videos guys, loved the first one especially. One thing about the second one, the batsman doesn't seem to move his feet at all, in fact his back leg goes away from the ball. Is this just a case of bad timing which is purposely shown or do the batsman not put their front foot the the pitch/line of the ball when playing (i.e EA's games)?

hahaha.....great observation.....i was wondering how that didnt come up till now.

yes, the feet position is crappy and all over the place. but as said earlier
this is a relatively old batting build that LM has. the new one will be times better than this. :D

jkartik added 5 Minutes and 17 Seconds later...

about the publicity....may be i can try my hands on Bhajji's Action so that
all the unknown indian members get excited after seeing the vid. ;)

cause am pretty damn sure 8/10 indians will just dismiss it after watching a couple of screenz / teaser saying "Bhenchod...kya chutiya gfx hai yaar" :p
or even "saala fielders aur umpire kaha gaayab ho gaye?" :p

once they see the bhajji / lee actions...they'll hopefully give us some breathing space.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread