TAOC Discussion

CaptainOZ

Panel of Selectors
Hi all,

I am in progress creating a 3d cricket game. I know you will all be laughing right now after reading this, as would i be if i was in your position too... ;) Believe me, i've been working on this now for 1 year part time and it has been really hard work!

But believe me or not, it is happening already...I have the game engine built and the physics engine in testing, bowling is almost done, batting is being worked on now. Collision is also done. I currently have 2 player models done - generic batsman and generic bowler and have animated them, though still many many more animations to go.

So if there are any modellers out there who would like to help let me know and i will make sure you are all credited and involved first hand in the project.

cheers,

LM

fyi, i will post some teaser screenz soon....

You've got to be fliping kidding, mate. This was posted on the 27th of October, 2005. And now, in 2010, you post something about a "pre-release alpha" and then vanish?

I'm on the bandwagon of supporting anyone who is willing to have a go and create a game like this, but half a decade has passed now.

You're having a laugh.

Cricketdude

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
You've got to be fliping kidding, mate. This was posted on the 27th of October, 2005. And now, in 2010, you post something about a "pre-release alpha" and then vanish?

I'm on the bandwagon of supporting anyone who is willing to have a go and create a game like this, but half a decade has passed now.

You're having a laugh.

It's better than nothing.

D

Dutch

so its not better? :p

As the song says: Cheer up Brian, what were you born with, nothing! What have you gained, nothing! So what have you lost nothing! Always look on the bright side of life.............

D

Dutch

What would your rather... a game that might be released and could be awesome or it not existing at all?

Well there are so many cricket games that might be releasing...I never get my hopes up until I actually have something tangible to assess. At the mo I can assess nothing as there is nothing. That is not being unsupportive of these guys efforts. It's just a fact. And my opinion or view means nothing except to me. It wont make a game come any quicker or remain hidden even longer.

Cricketdude

Chairman of Selectors
Well there are so many cricket games that might be releasing...I never get my hopes up until I actually have something tangible to assess. At the mo I can assess nothing as there is nothing. That is not being unsupportive of these guys efforts. It's just a fact. And my opinion or view means nothing except to me. It wont make a game come any quicker or remain hidden even longer.

TAOC is just like a dream. Like you may have wanted to be a hollywood actor or a world class cricketing allrounder.

P

pcfan123

Id say its more like the toothfairy, it sounds great and the concept if brilliant but as time goes on you start to realize its not actually real and that you have been had :D

CaptainOZ

Panel of Selectors
If I announce that I am creating a cricket game, and in 2016 I posted some screenshots, you'd think that was ridiculous.

Note how this legendmaster guy had already been making the game over the previous year before his post, taking it back to 2004.

If you're thinking it will be worth the wait, well it better be. Anyone can announce that they're developing a game and post a few screenshots, but taking 6-7 years to get to "pre-alpha" with no release? That's a bit much.

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
April 1st - 8th, for some reason I have a feeling that week we will get a big announcement.

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
Sleep... overrated

You're overrated.

Anyways, moving past the children on this site,

This game is becoming a joke now, I've never been its biggest fan due to the stupidness of the time its been, I've been here a long time and I believe this is my 5th year and its been around since I started.

Notice how niether "developer," has been on in a while.

Before anyone says anything against me here and tell me to wait for the game and I'll be made to be quiet, then think, all we've had is some videos of bowling and batting with "ish," graphics.

End of rant.

Covvy

Panel of Selectors
Well I certainly know what LM needs to do now to prove everybody wrong. Release the Alpha version.

Users who are viewing this thread