TAOC Discussion

Paul new Video rocks man. keep it up. one thing though, i think ball physic needs to be sorting out, what i mean is ball bounce nicely but when it rolls it looks like turf is moving not the ball. have a stall camera not moving camera sometimes. when the ball is in the air it looks beautiful paul but when it rolling on turf it looks like turf is moving not the ball. hope it makes sense to paul.

cheers srk121

Last edited:
srk121 said:
Paul new Video rocks man. keep it up. one thing though, i think ball physic needs to be sorting out, what i mean is ball bounce nicely but when it rolls it looks like turf is moving not the ball. have a stall camera not moving camera sometimes. when the ball is in the air it looks beautiful paul but when it rolling on turf it looks like turf is moving not the ball. hope it makes sense to paul.

cheers srk121

i can assure you that what you're referring to is due to the video quality. The ball physics look perfect to me when i play in real time. Remember those videos have been reduced in quality in some cases by up to 90% and the frame rate reduced as well. Im afraid you're going to have to take my word for it. But do you honestly think i would not have fixed that already if it was a problem?

i think also there is a degree of 'optical illusion' as well, which may well be what you mean, which is only normal...this is caused by the turf patterns...when the ball travels in a straight line horizontally the turf seems to roll and can even appear like the ball is bending around...im afraid this is a normal effect to happen...but yeah, you will be able to customise cameras and in replays etc..

Last edited:
legend_master said:
i can assure you that what you're referring to is due to the video quality. The ball physics look perfect to me when i play in real time. Remember those videos have been reduced in quality in some cases by up to 90% and the frame rate reduced as well. Im afraid you're going to have to take my word for it. But do you honestly think i would not have fixed that already if it was a problem?

i think also there is a degree of 'optical illusion' as well, which may well be what you mean, which is only normal...this is caused by the turf patterns...when the ball travels in a straight line horizontally the turf seems to roll and can even appear like the ball is bending around...im afraid this is a normal effect to happen...but yeah, you will be able to customise cameras and in replays etc..

agreed with you paul on the point. But what i am referring to is when the camera is moving... it goes in same patter as ball does. i.e. when ball is played down the ground the camera follows the ball with one angle only and that makes its look as if turf is moving not the ball. hope you get it mate. That is what really bugging me. change of camera angle would do this job. its not wrong with ball physic, it with camera angle paul. that's it.

check the high quality video number 1 posted today mate. and check the straight drive and you will get it what i mean paul. is just that camera angle don't change and stays as it is following the bowl which makes the ball look odd on the turf.

in the air shots all of them look great though L.M. i love pull/hook shot man :) :clap :clap :clap :clap

cheers
srk121

Last edited:
srk121 said:
agreed with you paul on the point. But what i am referring to is when the camera is moving... it goes in same patter as ball does. i.e. when ball is played down the ground the camera follows the ball with one angle only and that makes its look as if turf is moving not the ball. hope you get it mate. That is what really bugging me. change of camera angle would do this job. its not wrong with ball physic, it with camera angle paul. that's it.

check the high quality video number 1 posted today mate. and check the straight drive and you will get it what i mean paul. is just that camera angle don't change and stays as it is following the bowl which makes the ball look odd on the turf.

in the air shots all of them look great though L.M. i love pull/hook shot man :) :clap :clap :clap :clap

cheers
srk121

hmm...what would you suggest the camera do then?

legend_master said:
hmm...what would you suggest the camera do then?

Break the camera angle.. have 2 option while cut scene of the ball. which will make it much better. see when a down the ground shot is played camera not always focus and not stay in same angle, that is what i am tryin to explain mate. sorry mate bugging you to much... but still TCP ROCKS...

cheers
srk121

srk121 said:
Break the camera angle.. have 2 option while cut scene of the ball. which will make it much better. see when a down the ground shot is played camera not always focus and not stay in same angle, that is what i am tryin to explain mate. sorry mate bugging you to much... but still TCP ROCKS...

cheers
srk121

ok, i will investigate this...but i wont spend too much time as think it's not a huge issue IMO...but ill try a few things...may turn out to be better afterall...

it's good feedback though, thanks

LM one thing i noticed awhile watching the new videos, I don't know it's coz of the video quailty or something but that when the batsman play the shots in the air another word lofted shots, the ball do not bonce on the ground after landing. it just hits the ground and roll to the boundary rope. i think it needs to bounce couple of times just like in real life. thankss

cricket4life said:
LM one thing i noticed awhile watching the new videos, I don't know it's coz of the video quailty or something but that when the batsman play the shots in the air another word lofted shots, the ball do not bonce on the ground after landing. it just hits the ground and roll to the boundary rope. i think it needs to bounce couple of times just like in real life. thankss

it must be the quality, cos it definately does bounce a few times - i can guarantee that :)

legend_master said:
it must be the quality, cos it definately does bounce a few times - i can guarantee that :)
den that's great man... looking forward to bowling now..

ppl i seriously feel that TCP is being made secretly. We need to reveal it more, but reveal the game without the work. At the moment, whoever finds about the game also knows the work as it is being done at this forum. How about launching a teaser ?

legend_master said:
ok, i will investigate this...but i wont spend too much time as think it's not a huge issue IMO...but ill try a few things...may turn out to be better afterall...

it's good feedback though, thanks

ye its not important but still it will make the game better. give it a try if possible.. it was just an suggesation.

cheers
srk121

legend, Can you please post atleast a few SnapShots in which the game is in FULL Quality.

Atleast we can see the picture if the detail is there or not ?

Users who are viewing this thread