TAOC Discussion

sunsamrat1980

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
I somehow have the feeling that they are at least going to release the video (that was due last month) as a New Year present for the PC members. Fingers crossed!!

legend_master

The Art of Cricket Developer
Thanks, everyone, for your amazing continued support through 2009. Just wanted to wish everyone a Happy New Year and here's hoping for a very successful 2010 and the release of TAOC! :happy

Unfortunately no early presents here, just some well wishes and a quick update to say things are well on track and things are progressing well and of a very high standard.

More details to come in the next week.

cheers everyone and Happy New Year! :happy

LM

MuchMore

International Coach
Profile Flag
Fiji
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Happy new year to you too!

KUTGW and have fun in whatever you do. :)

D

Dutch

Thanks, everyone, for your amazing continued support through 2009. Just wanted to wish everyone a Happy New Year and here's hoping for a very successful 2010 and the release of TAOC! :happy

Unfortunately no early presents here, just some well wishes and a quick update to say things are well on track and things are progressing well and of a very high standard.

More details to come in the next week.

cheers everyone and Happy New Year! :happy

LM

thank you kind sir and the same to you and all the best with your merry endeavour. If I could help in any way I could but considering I have the computer capabilities and graphic insight of a small brick you will probably be better off without me but still I wish you well!!

maneesh

School Cricketer
Player Names

Hai, First of all I thank the TAOC team for making a cricket game.

I thought of a contribution in this game development.:)

Since the game has no licensing the players real names can't be used

So TAOC has to use the fake names.I had already made the fake names for all the international team.

View attachment TAOC Player Names.txt

Hope this my contribution help TAOC:laugh

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Pretty sure if they are not selling it for a profit, they are allowed to use full names and licenses

Probably not in the initial release though. They can release the real name patch 2 minutes later though. You might be right though.

Golden28

Club Cricketer
Am closely following this game with great anticipation.

I was just playing Ashes 09 today and one thing that struck me about it, that really takes away from the realism, is the fact that when you play a defensive stroke, especially on backfoot the player magicaly "warps" to the ball and plays the perfect shot if you time it right.

The shot should be played from where you are standing and the direction of the bat should be determined by the positioning of the right stick.

This is why there are never any near misses that always produce the "ahhhhhhh" factor in cricket.

I hope in the Art of Cricket batsmen are sometimes left standing in position as the ball beats their outside edge and whistles past them into the wicket keepers gloves.

One other thing, sad as I am, the forward defensive and leave are two of my favourite shots in cricket. I hope that these have not been overlooked and the batsmen's animation for these two shots are done justice. In every cricket game I've played these animations are too quick and jerky. A batsmen needs to play these shots and afterwards stay in place, only slowly going back to the crease and repositioning himself, maybe practicing the forward defensive and leave before doing so.

Would add so much to the tension and realism.

Golden28

Club Cricketer
I could imagine you commentating. "Oh, what a leave, he's confidence is really sky rocketing this over." :D

LOL! :laugh

When a batsmen leaves a good ball, front foot forward and bat back ready to strike just as the ball squeaks past off. He keeps his stance locked and just glares at the bowler in condemantion.

That s**t gives me goosebumps.

That's what we need in cricket games. The mind games, the chess like battle between batsman and bowler. The human element that makes things matter.

Users who are viewing this thread