TAOC - Fact List

D

Deleted member 11215

get rid of auto appeal and bring in manual then the game will really be in your hands :). might sound stuipid but will the umpires make wrong decisions sometimes? because normally games never get it wrong, also if a ball is going over the stumps will something come up saying that it was too high (after appealing)

Banger_attack

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
One of the problems with implementing a manual appeal button is the effect that it has on batsman confidence. Obviously, confidence should fall after a close LBW appeal.
However, with a manual appeal button, you could just appeal for anything, meaning you have to design some sort of system to judge how 'good' an appeal is: did it pitch outside leg, if so, by how much; did it hit the batsman in line; how much was it missing the stumps by ... ? The list of things that could be included is really quite long. This is assuming you only allow a manual appeal for LBWs, and not caught behind/bat pad off the spinners. It really is rather complicated.

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
Banger_attack said:
One of the problems with implementing a manual appeal button is the effect that it has on batsman confidence. Obviously, confidence should fall after a close LBW appeal.
However, with a manual appeal button, you could just appeal for anything, meaning you have to design some sort of system to judge how 'good' an appeal is: did it pitch outside leg, if so, by how much; did it hit the batsman in line; how much was it missing the stumps by ... ? The list of things that could be included is really quite long. This is assuming you only allow a manual appeal for LBWs, and not caught behind/bat pad off the spinners. It really is rather complicated.
I dont think it would be required to take all that into account. At the end of the day who cares if you over appeal, you are just slowing the game down for yourself. An appeal need only be accepted if it was going to be given out AND you press the button. there's really no need to over complicate it.

AbBh

Panel of Selectors
automatic appeal has to be included for the AI to appeal u cant appeal while the CPU is bowling
so when the user appeals manually if the appeal satisfies the conditions for a automatic appeal then the confidence wud decrease otherwise it's a invalid appeal.

Banger_attack

School Cricketer
AbBh said:
automatic appeal has to be included for the AI to appeal u cant appeal while the CPU is bowling
so when the user appeals manually if the appeal satisfies the conditions for a automatic appeal then the confidence wud decrease otherwise it's a invalid appeal.

That's a good point, I hadn't thought of that!

I withdraw my comments! :p

legend_master

The Art of Cricket Developer
guys, i have not ruled out manual appeal altogether...some good points mentioned here...yes, auto appeal has to be in anyway for cpu...

when bowling though, the human player could choose auto or manual appeal (should be a choice to turn on or off). Could also have the semi-auto option, where obvious things are given out automatically but 'borderline' calls could bring up a little icon which means if you push the appeal button during the time that icon is there then you will appeal, otherwise you will miss your chance and the umpire will ignore it...?

that's just a possible option...

I dont like the idea really of appealing for everything, could get really annoying and unrealistic.

also, lets not get into the licensing stuff again please ;)

regardless of what we end up doing everything will be editable except for the actual 3d model data. Maybe i will release those later though, but dont hold me to that.

LM

aprofromindia

Club Cricketer
legend master please look into the ability of byes leg byes and look into more in game animations like PES unlike BLIC where you cut into a cut-scene one minute after the batsman has missed the ball, which is so unnatural.

Another thing I would suggest which would give a very natural feel to the game would be the animations of the fielder especially the wicket keeper - like how the wicket keeper throws the ball to various fielders after the ball goes dead and how different fielders should react differently after every ball. and ofcourse wicket celebrations which are totally absent from BLIC.

Another thing to think about is how the batsman can request for some drinks from the manager which could lift the morale of the batsman on the pitch much like EA's MVP baseball franchisee - if you play that game I reckin you gonna get a lot of ideas.

Another brilliant idea would be how you can increase a bowlers stamina by asking him to get ready - again an idea borrowed from EA's baseball franchisee - where the bowler should be seen to annimate stretching while fielding and getting into rhythm.

Moreover bastman and fielder injuries and ability to take runners.

Manual diving fielders usinvg the right analog button.

Fielding ideas from MVP Baseball 2005 like the ball trailing line for easy ball visibilty etc.

Mona brothers

School Boy Cricketers
aprofromindia said:
legend master please look into the ability of byes leg byes and look into more in game animations like PES unlike BLIC where you cut into a cut-scene one minute after the batsman has missed the ball, which is so unnatural.

Another thing I would suggest which would give a very natural feel to the game would be the animations of the fielder especially the wicket keeper - like how the wicket keeper throws the ball to various fielders after the ball goes dead and how different fielders should react differently after every ball. and ofcourse wicket celebrations which are totally absent from BLIC.

Another thing to think about is how the batsman can request for some drinks from the manager which could lift the morale of the batsman on the pitch much like EA's MVP baseball franchisee - if you play that game I reckin you gonna get a lot of ideas.

Another brilliant idea would be how you can increase a bowlers stamina by asking him to get ready - again an idea borrowed from EA's baseball franchisee - where the bowler should be seen to annimate stretching while fielding and getting into rhythm.

Moreover bastman and fielder injuries and ability to take runners.

Manual diving fielders usinvg the right analog button.

Fielding ideas from MVP Baseball 2005 like the ball trailing line for easy ball visibilty etc.

Nice Features.. LM pl add these things

I want to ask one thing .. IS THERE A CUSTOM TOUR EDITOR in TAOC.. such that we can make our own tour by taking a team to another country...

legend_master

The Art of Cricket Developer
Mona brothers said:
Nice Features.. LM pl add these things

I want to ask one thing .. IS THERE A CUSTOM TOUR EDITOR in TAOC.. such that we can make our own tour by taking a team to another country...

yeah some great ideas there...will definately consider them...yes, i want tours to be editable for sure.

whitehornmatt said:
I'm a bit disappointed at this, it would have been a great feature.

yeah, i know...it's just the ol time thing...but i would really like to have it included...

what i have been considering though is what will happen after release...if all is well received then im thinking of either a "full manager version of TAOC" or adding the whole career side to the game and releasing that as a new edition. Dont worry, i wouldn't be adding a couple of features and charging for a new release lol...probably more like an 'upgrade' if it's just the career mode added...the management release though would use the same game engine but would include the whole management side etc. - could be cool..

LM

srk121

International Coach
legend_master said:
yeah some great ideas there...will definately consider them...yes, i want tours to be editable for sure.

yeah, i know...it's just the ol time thing...but i would really like to have it included...

what i have been considering though is what will happen after release...if all is well received then im thinking of either a "full manager version of TAOC" or adding the whole career side to the game and releasing that as a new edition. Dont worry, i wouldn't be adding a couple of features and charging for a new release lol...probably more like an 'upgrade' if it's just the career mode added...the management release though would use the same game engine but would include the whole management side etc. - could be cool..

LM

I think having an managerial site of the game as a add on pack is a good idea. I would love to have this feature in the game, becuase for many years we have (cricket fans) been really disspointed by codies and EA by not including managerial aspect. :)

deep_r_88

School Cricketer
Is there a demo available

Hi Guys keep the good work going... Iam quite new to this community though very much looking forward contributing to the comm...

Is there a demo available for the TOAC ?

cricketer112

Club Cricketer
Things seem to be going very smoothly legend master, havent been around for a while, sorry to keep you waiting on the duckworth lewis calculations, i recently moved house....its been chaos to say the least :brickwall but everything seems to be cooling down now so ive got a bit more time. I have got in touch with acumenbooks.co.uk about the full profesional tables - as it was a bit of a pain trying to get hold of these before the move when looking into this and after starting the calculations over by over with the standard edition i realised that we would have problems if it rained in the middle of an over hence the need for the ball by ball so i will make a fresh start:mad but hopefully after contacting acumen books i can purchase them for a small price as they have the tables in a leaflet and can send you the info you need to know, then maybe you could add the duckworth lewis system to that fact list ;)

keep up the great work

cricket doctor

International Cricketer
deep_r_88 said:
Hi Guys keep the good work going... Iam quite new to this community though very much looking forward contributing to the comm...

Is there a demo available for the TOAC ?
Welcome to Planet cricket mate. The game is still in the developement phase and there isn't any demo out yet. But there will be one for sure. :)

Users who are viewing this thread