TAOC NEW Screenz 21-10-09

shrenik

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
the screens clearly show the amount of efforts you've been putting in to get the things done....KIU

hungry for some more.....:D

Tanmay

Club Captain
Great Screens JK or should I say كارتيك :p

The graphics quality has surely increased,a vast difference is seen from the screenies from older engine and the new one.

KUTGW كارتيك :thumbs.

P

pcfan123

Lords looks fantastic guys, keep up the good work and I hope to play this game sometime in my late 60's ;)

las_faiz

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Canada
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Game looks fantastic on the new engine
Lord's looks almost perfect. Amazing job guys

legend_master

The Art of Cricket Developer
If i hear one more comment about the crowd i'm gonna **** lol!:facepalm:doh

In fact, i'm so frustrated by the crowd comments that i want to rectify it for once and for all. The next screens we post will have a better crowd, there, i've said it! :p

As for the adboards - yes, they are not all the correct English adboards, as JK said this will be changed. Stadiums have not been modified since ages ago when they were first made. And the adboards are not stretched, it is the camera lens of Free cam mode which slightly skews/stretches on angles because of the field of view settings. I haven't bothered to fix this yet, but is a simple thing...When you look straight on at something it is perfect aspect ratio. Yes, the textures need updating. Stadiums have taken a back seat for us though while we focus on the more important stuff.

More importantly, did you notice the fielders in there, which have been loaded in with all of their stats, different hats, caps, sunnies etc, all loaded in from external files. They have also been positioned based on preset fields which is all working well now.

Someone mentioned about the grass and pitch textures being not up to scratch - i'm going to have to agree to disagree there....i think they're some of the best i have seen, speaking totally objectively in an unbiased viewpoint. They are mipmapped so at distance they have much less detail, but close up look really awesome. Also these images were made as PNG files and suffered a substantial loss of quality in order to be lower in file size. You'll have to take our word on that though.

badb0y9124

Club Cricketer
i think u have done a great job cant wait for beta and release. for now i will wait and see if cricket revolution is any good but be fail like ashes cricket 09 the engine your using is good were did u get it its looks a good engine and it will be quicker to make things right. well keep up the good work and post screen shots put lords 4 on desktop screen now cool.

legend_master

Thanks for the kind words, everyone.

Actually, just realised JK had uploaded JPG versions of the pix which means the quality is even further reduced. If you are interested in the higher quality PNG versions you can download here:

http://www.theartofcricket.net/pix/pix-fielders-PNG.rar

And thanks for all the kind words, everyone.

Also, forgot to mention, our stadiums are all setup as individual models, so the sizes and shapes are all different and entirely unique. There's no generic rope markers laid down for all or anything like that, so you can enjoy playing on all different sizes etc.

I think this will add to the feel of each stadium, rather than all stadiums blending into one. for example, MCG will really be huge and you will know it ;)

cheers

Last edited:

thanfire

School Cricketer
Looks absolutely amazing!
Really promising info regarding varying stadium size etc too.
Love your work guys.

coolz_hari

International Coach
Also, forgot to mention, our stadiums are all setup as individual models, so the sizes and shapes are all different and entirely unique. There's no generic rope markers laid down for all or anything like that, so you can enjoy playing on all different sizes etc.

This will be unique . i really don't have any complaints about those screen shots . Thanks for the high resolution pics

coolz_hari added 1 Minutes and 41 Seconds later...

In fact grass quality is excellent

saiyaman

Club Cricketer
Thanks for posting the High Quality pics. Great work guys! I'm sure that you will bring out a game which really can display the art of cricket!

_Nabeel_

Club Cricketer
High Standard....:clap

one complaint is that in the pic where batsman is shown closely...
the batsmen in striker as well as non striker end,both are standing in same position....
non striker should stand little casually.....

Last edited:

legend_master

High Standard....:clap

one complaint is that in the pic where batsman is shown closely...
the batsmen in striker as well as non striker end,both are standing in same position....
non striker should stand little casually.....

Well spotted. Yeah, it's true, at this stage they have just both been loaded in at (default) pose which is identical. My very next task (tomorrow night in fact) is to set the correct starting positions and animations ;)

Once done i'll post another pic.

papalazarou

Club Captain
Nice work. I like the way the stadium casts shadows onto the field. Does this mean we'll see them lenghthen and move around as the game progresses?

Gurjot95

National Board President
Why the roof of Lords stadium Pavillion is floating in air. See the image and see difference
63414d1256125886-taoc-new-screenz-21-10-09-lords3.jpg
lords-cricket-ground.jpg

Overall whole stadium is looking great.

Users who are viewing this thread