TAOC Templates Released

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
The problem I'm already seeing here is that now the average Joe thinks he can be a part of this game when they don't really have a grasp of whatever program they're using (there are a few exceptions). I'm sure kartik has a plan for that though.

lazy_chesnut

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Well I'm sure the best will get selected, and the worst won't be used. It's a useful way of sorting the wheat from the chaff.

coolz_hari

International Coach
Just by practice anyone can improve their work. Rather than giving some useless comments it is better to suggest in what ways they can improve their work. If they can't improve obviously their work will not used

coolz_hari

International Coach
Where are these 'useless comments' of which you speak?

It is not you for sure;) .what i mean to say is any member can do better if they can practice well in a proper way. so anyone who has experience they can tell their opinion to improve their work rather than criticizing them

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Well I'm sure the best will get selected, and the worst won't be used. It's a useful way of sorting the wheat from the chaff.

Yeah, true. But aside from the comments of how something should be improved, JK or LM should probably just say 'yes' or 'no'. If someone is already working on something and even if they not doing a particularly good job, it still might encourage someone to do something else as they think that 'thing' has already been taken care of.

holmie

Club Cricketer
about the first pic....tbh...i really loved the previous one......
lets just stick with that...unless you come up with a better one ! ;)

thanks for the feedback... ya i can make adjustments to the menu and can possibly do the floor thing too. btw can you tell me if any overlay or menu system exists in TAOC at the moment?

i personally for some reason didnt like the that is being used right now since it has too much empty space in it. and also i lost the .psd file of that logo so im not sure how we would implement it in the game/menus etc.

Last edited:

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
thanks for the feedback... ya i can make adjustments to the menu and can possibly do the floor thing too. btw can you tell me if any overlay or menu system exists in TAOC at the moment?

i personally for some reason didnt like the that is being used right now since it has too much empty space in it. and also i lost the .psd file of that logo so im not sure how we would implement it in the game/menus etc.

we havent decided on any particular system per say but if you want i can discuss some basic ideas it with LM and get back to ya asap...

well....most of the members here including me and LM love that logo...
but as i said if you can make a better one, then by all means go ahead. :)

Mad Snake

International Coach
that was a wonderful menu holmie, would rally love an idea like that to be used in game! great to see you here jk still kicking on working hard :)

lazy_chesnut

International Coach
Does anyone here fancy knocking up some examples of what the Manhattan and Worm graphs should look like? I'm writing the implementation for them in-game, but don't have the time to design them and make them look pretty. Just need some ideas for colour schemes, font sizes, line colours, block colours, etc.

Also, do Manhattans have dual-display, like showing for both teams at the same time? I've a vague recollection that they show them with one above the other in the second innings, but it's ages since I've seen any ODIs so can't remember how they do it on TV.

chaitanyaraghav

Club Cricketer
i am posting the screens from cricket07. i guess this is what you wanted!
i dont think manhattans have stats of two teams showing together!
Regarding comparision, they just say "After 10 overs Team A was 00-0 and Team B is 01-0".
They show the worm quite often!
PS:Its a ten over game!

Attachments

• manhattan.PNG
    manhattan.PNG
    23.6 KB · Views: 55
  • worm.PNG
    worm.PNG
    26.2 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:

holmie

Club Cricketer
@ Holmie,i loved your menus but your background was not suitable,so i wanna ask the members is this background useful for Holmie's Menus...

http://image.mpiremall.net/images/841q3ex0t15gbv06pdg.png

nabeel thats a good background and i plugged it in to see and it does come out pretty good. but again nothing is final yet and who knows if someone else comes up with a better menu layout all together.

@lazy_chesnut - its great to hear someone is working on the overlay system. im working on an overlay to give you an example of the Manhattan and Worm screen. im gonna try to make it a little unique..

UPDATE: here you go im finished with the manhattan. (again nothing final)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread