PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Not at all.

As I have explained, twice, the magnitude of the error doesn't leave room, in my opinion, for the honest mistake. So there are two remaining explanations.
How come? The spike doesn't have to be at the exact moment that the ball touches the glove. The sound has to reach the stump mic before the spike appears. And i don't think that sound came from anything other than the ball touching the glove.
Btw, the "strong opinion" was referred to the fact that you seemed to believe The Sun

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
How come? The spike doesn't have to be at the exact moment that the ball touches the glove. The sound has to reach the stump mic before the spike appears. And i don't think that sound came from anything other than the ball touching the glove.

I haven't read the sun, and am only vaguely aware of the allegation, no part of which implicated any umpires or officials as far as i know.

a single piece of evidence - and by the way the angle shown at the time of him making the decision had the ball invisible, so he could not see what the ball was near, only that it happened after the ball passed glove but could have been made by ball hitting the arm for example - that is itself contradicted by other evidence (no hotspot) is not generally viewed as conclusive.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I haven't read the sun, and am only vaguely aware of the allegation, no part of which implicated any umpires or officials as far as i know.

a single piece of evidence - and by the way the angle shown at the time of him making the decision had the ball invisible, so he could not see what the ball was near, only that it happened after the ball passed glove but could have been made by ball hitting the arm for example - that is itself contradicted by other evidence (no hotspot) is not generally viewed as conclusive.

I have noticed in this series that a lot of the small nicks aren't picked up by hotspot.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I have noticed in this series that a lot of the small nicks aren't picked up by hotspot.

KP's vaseline trick :)[DOUBLEPOST=1513258779][/DOUBLEPOST]anyhoo, i'd rather talk about Malan and YJB.

massive character and skill shown there to turn around the day. When Root and Stoneman both fell in quick succession i thought we were staring at 200-220 all out.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Well, it seems none of us is gonna budge, so i'll leave it at that.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
That was a collapse of epic proportion :p

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Don't like this field to Warner one bit. England need to think about dismissing him and not try to prevent him from scoring. The deep point is making me want to throw up.

England also bowling too short. Pitch it up ffs! Attack already looks mediocre.

They should have two gully's for Warner and a short mid wicket. Pitch up two to three in the corridor mixed with the odd short one and the odd wide one encouraging him to slash minus the deep point. All 3 are wicket taking options.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Steve Smith is an ants in your pants type bloke at the best of times but there seems to be a lot of ants today. Makes me fidgety!

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Don't like this field to Warner one bit. England need to think about dismissing him and not try to prevent him from scoring. The deep point is making me want to throw up.

England also bowling too short. Pitch it up ffs! Attack already looks mediocre.

They should have two gully's for Warner and a short mid wicket. Pitch up two to three in the corridor mixed with the odd short one and the odd wide one encouraging him to slash minus the deep point. All 3 are wicket taking options.

love all this in depth analysis - they still got him out regardless :p

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
If there's one weakness and it's not even a major one that I've seen in Smith then it's with the in swinger. I saw Umesh Yadav trouble him a bit with it. There are two issues- There's no English bloke that can bowl that 90mph regularly and also Yadav skids on to the bat. Anyhow, the weakness I saw was having a short mid on next to the pitch and bowl fast in swingers at him. The English need to start from just outside off though and then tail in. This does two things- It demands Smith to make sure he has complete control on the flick or to not exaggerate the shuffle which he's very capable of doing now. BUT, he's not as good as he is when he doesn't cover all of off stump and tends to nick off a lot more.

England need to be a bit ballsy. I think a leg slip, short mid on (next to the pitch), a mid wicket and a square leg with this line of attack will be super interesting. It's imperative you leave cover open so that when you bowl the sucker ball for the nick off he looks to bite and not leave the ball. It means Smith is constantly under pressure to be in control. If he misses one ball, he's plumb in front and while he might get 4-5 boundaries away you might just get him out.

If any of you notice, Smith never opens his shoulders enough to look to hit the 4th stump line to mid wicket or square leg. He looks to hit them to mid on or straight. This is why he doesn't get trapped in front all that often. Once you put that short mid on, he will fear getting caught even with 90% control over the shot. It forces him to hit more on side and open his shoulders more which can't go on forever. He will fall over or get trapped sooner rather than later.

I'd try Broad with this tactic. May be even a slower ball as well. Mind you, Broad's been pathetic today.

Last edited:

Perfect Square

No Corners
PAK...
CSK
LQ
MS
Sydney Sixers
Brisbane Heat
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Pakistan
:lol Crowd cheered when they saw Pitch and Impact Umpires Call and then bows when umpire stands with its original decision out!

Users who are viewing this thread