1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Pallu scoop and reverse sweep .

SpiderSlatts

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Not sure if it's been mentioned yet but the leg glance was a glaringly difficult shot to execute in IC2010. Sweep shots off spin bowlers need big improvements, as do full bungers, which should be easy to dispatch.

----------

Oh and also running between wickets, my batsmen should automatically ground their bat unless I queue another run. This would hopefully remove all the silly instances of fielders taking the bails off when I'm in the crease!

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
....as do full bungers, which should be easy to dispatch.

I demand the commentary in the game refer to such deliveries by bowlers as "full bungers" ...also, the term "Wallop" should also be used liberally when discussing power hits.

SibiNaayagam

International Coach
Fast gameplay(the basic reason of longevity of ea cricket 2007).

A batsman should not be able to flick a ball to legside when bowled completely outside off stump.:facepalm(Even the most wristy player VVS Laxman could only flick it to midwicket when the bowl is just slightly outside offstump).

Defending shots have to be made difficult by increasing edging tendencies.

Pitch conditions should matter.

Pitching spot should be only visible after the ball is released from the hand of the bowler.(This can be sustained by using ea 07 batting controls with extra buttons for defending and flair shots).

The movement of this invisible spot is only horizontal not vertical(only line selection not length ).The movement is less sensitive way outside off stump and the sensitivity of the spot increases in the lines from outside offstump to leg stump.Thus wides outside legstump would become very common if landing spot is not controlled properly.An execssive movement caused to the pitching spot can lead to a no ball.(one factor for no ball).Speed variation has to be included.

Length depends on the timing of the press of the button which controls the release of the ball from the final stride of the bowler.(press it early you will get a full length ball press it late you will get a shot ball.Inbetween somewhere lies the good length bowl).The distance for length demarcation(like 6-8m for good length) must remain same but bounce varies depending on the pitch

AI bowling more intelligent & has to be based on field set like what happens in real cricket.

FIELDING:
Should be relay based and completely manual

General:
More stats and graphs.
Tutorials covering all aspects are a must.
Training nets.

VVS Laxman? Really? Havent you seen Sachin's fours on the on-side hit from outside off stump with a flick? Or his famous BIG six with the hook shot? I think its just a matter of how close you are to the ball.

SibiNaayagam

International Coach
...Whilst in real life you can compute this in less than a second you cannot with controller in your hand, and pressing correct key combinations is simply not possible

In real life it takes so much practice to actually compute it. Its a mix of intended and reflex movements which can perfected only through experience...Im thinking of gradually delaying the time taken to show the ball landing marker as we progress through the many matches as we gain experience , that should ensure stability.

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
In real life it takes so much practice to actually compute it. Its a mix of intended and reflex movements which can perfected only through experience...Im thinking of gradually delaying the time taken to show the ball landing marker as we progress through the many matches as we gain experience , that should ensure stability.

It doesn't take too much practice, and that's the end of it.

aryan8262in

Club Captain
1)seam bowlers should get bit more seam movement on helpfull wickets like blic 2005..reverse swing effect should be more on flat pitches....
2)there should be more outside edges when batman is new and tryng to smash the ball from first ball in specially in test matches..bating needs to be more difficult unlike ashes 2009
3)like fifa there must be some sort of adjustments made so that every player cant hit big sixes eg.batsman like dhoni ,gayle should get strength as their speciality and batsmen like bell trott wont hit those big sixes
4)last moment swing or seam direction change should be there unlike ashes 09..ic 2010 was better compared to ashes on this aspect where offspinner delivery can be re adjusted to doosra just before bowl laanding on pitch..
4)bowling speeds should be more pacy like blic 05 or 07 so that slow balls can be more effective when playing against frnds..
5)every player capabilitys needs to be different like in soccer games like trott can be called defensive wall where kp can called striker..and AI should ball according to batsmans weakness and not to batsmans strength..:thumbs

leomcg

School Cricketer
The quads have to me much, much deeper. Why only 23 per squad. It ends up with them leaving out a good few players for each format.

----------

squads sorry

duberryboy1

Club Captain
Not sure if it's been mentioned yet but the leg glance was a glaringly difficult shot to execute in IC2010. Sweep shots off spin bowlers need big improvements, as do full bungers, which should be easy to dispatch.

----------

Oh and also running between wickets, my batsmen should automatically ground their bat unless I queue another run. This would hopefully remove all the silly instances of fielders taking the bails off when I'm in the crease!

Do you even play cricket? full bungers are not as easy to dispatch as they look and quite often get wickets by being caught.

MuchMore

International Coach
Profile Flag
Fiji
There weren't any bat-pad catches in AC09. It, I believe, is definitely as must fix.

alexczarn

Club Captain
There weren't any bat-pad catches in AC09. It, I believe, is definitely as must fix.

Also, the fact, it was almost impossible to get a cover drive past short cover, although I'm not sure if that's a bug...or what...

Users who are viewing this thread