The "must be fixed" thread

duberryboy1

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Bowling system needs to be fixed and returned to brian lara 2005 style. Its unrealistic that you cant bowl a ball that swings and seams. It would also make the game a bit harder as the cursor would be moved late.

Chief

Panel of Selectors
Bowling system needs to be fixed and returned to brian lara 2005 style. Its unrealistic that you cant bowl a ball that swings and seams. It would also make the game a bit harder as the cursor would be moved late.

Hmm. There's another school of thought that says what's even MORE unrealistic is the feeling of altering the flight of the ball after it has been released...

This is why we had the swing/seam on the shoulder buttons PRE release (IE, your intention to swing) and the amount of swing you got was dependent then on bowler stats + execution of delivery...

duberryboy1

Club Captain
Hmm. There's another school of thought that says what's even MORE unrealistic is the feeling of altering the flight of the ball after it has been released...

This is why we had the swing/seam on the shoulder buttons PRE release (IE, your intention to swing) and the amount of swing you got was dependent then on bowler stats + execution of delivery...

My issue with that is the batsman does not have to really judge line any more as it doesn't change at all. When facing swing bowling judging the movement and line of the ball in the air is vital. I feel brian lara 05 got this right and its the only cricket game where ive seen genuine play and misses from both cpu and players.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
I agree with this - however the ability to move the pitch point after setting it was a slight counterbalance to the insane nature of aiming in most cricket games.

I still don't understand why any game makes bowling a matter of chance as to setting the pitch point in the exact spot you want to bowl it to, no bowler playing cricket is bad enough that their aim is random chance, yet most implementations of bowling in cricket games you get an aiming cursor that gives wildly varied results.

General aim is one of the easiest parts of bowling, the control structures combine line and length as if they were equally hard to control. Most people can bowl reasonably close to the line they intend without too much difficulty, no one tries to bowl on the stumps and has it fly off a metre past leg stump - at least not with any degree of frequency. On the other hand, having the ball bounce a bit short or full is far more natural for a bowler.

But instead you get both line and length controlled by the same pitch marker with the same difficulty in aiming both line and length - not to mention one that I found impossible with the hud off to bowl.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
AI pacing has been discussed in the past, but having just played IC10 again one thing struck me, especially in limited over games is how often I get AI batsman out for a golden duck

The reason for this?

Despite just losing a wicket, AI often goes for a 6 hit first delivery, so unsettled, low on confidence etc, usually resulting in an easy wicket :facepalm

Its like the program code is saying: "at this stage of innings, we should averaging x runs per over- we are behind that rate so we need to go for it"
No account of match situation etc

P

pcfan123

Totally agree. AC09 bowling was great, just needed more bounce and speed to it.

alexczarn

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Totally agree. AC09 bowling was great, just needed more bounce and speed to it.

Exactly, I pulled out BLIC2005 on the hardest mode after I'd been playing AC09 for a while, and found Akhtar and Lee so near unplayable, with the speed.

duberryboy1

Club Captain
Exactly, I pulled out BLIC2005 on the hardest mode after I'd been playing AC09 for a while, and found Akhtar and Lee so near unplayable, with the speed.

Couldnt agree more ive been playing it loads recently and love the fact i actually feel im being rushed.

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
Yes ic2010 was the same, please fix the slow speed chief.;)
Near real life would be cool.

ASHES_FAN

Associate Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
the thing that needs to fixed the most is the bowling areas, in ic2010 green cursor meant good ball and yellow was a poor ball. in cricket any area could be a good area depending on who is batting and bowling.

rocky_g

International Cricketer
Oh i thought thread has something to do with "spot fixing". :spy

AnkitC

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Well, I haven't really read the previous posts so please forgive me if what I'm saying has been said earlier.

I have been editing Cricket 2007's gameplay since quite a bit of time and I have realized that apart from the awful animations the game has real depth in it the way it was made..The thing was that it wasn't really tweaked perfectly...Cricket 2007's AI paces it's innings in just one way which causes it to play like idiots sometimes not considering the match situation. So there needs to be more Else If used in the gameplay...The bowling speed should be realtime like in Cricket 07...Animations are probably the most important thing in a sports game so that needs to be real good too...And Cricket 07 is still alive for a reason the reason being it's very patchable...We could access the files easily and edit them but as of I know there are no separate AI files in Ashes Cricket 2009..So there should be a separate roster file and separate gameplay files not like Ashes 2009 where editing only the database file can bring a few minor changes in the gameplay..I hope this message would be passed on somehow to the developers...

Users who are viewing this thread