Things the AI should do - suggestions

Will_NA

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Try and play shots to their favourite areas

Allrounder18

Banned
different teams approach differently to the run chase some will prefer to preserve wicket till the end ,some will go out with blast ,some use a mixture of both and some teams will try to keep up with the runrate.

D

Deleted member 13648

If the ball is right on the boundary rope, but doesn't have enough momentum to go over the rope, the fielders chasing should pick the ball up, take a few strides back towards the middle then throw back. Just to make sure their throwing arm doesn't go over the boundary rope.

Will_NA

Chairman of Selectors
If the ball is right on the boundary rope, but doesn't have enough momentum to go over the rope, the fielders chasing should pick the ball up, take a few strides back towards the middle then throw back. Just to make sure their throwing arm doesn't go over the boundary rope.

oh yeh, that reminds. the fielder should throw the ball in the direction he is facing!

D

Deleted member 9102

Edit: Chris Gayle

Last edited by a moderator:

daleroy

School Cricketer

It wouldn't matter if his arm went over the rope...His body is just not allowed to touch the rope or over the rope when the ball is in his hands.

BigCrickNan

Chairman of Selectors
The AI should do stupid things aswell. Cricket wouldn't be cricket if batsman didn't make mistakes. The lose shot, poorly judged run. Or fielding captain, poor field or plans. This would obviously be more evident for smaller teams.

D

Deleted member 13648

It wouldn't matter if his arm went over the rope...His body is just not allowed to touch the rope or over the rope when the ball is in his hands.

Sorry but I thought the arm was part of the body :rolleyes:

FreddieFan

International Coach
Sorry but I thought the arm was part of the body :rolleyes:

It is any part of the body which is touching the ground over the rope. If the arm is over the rope, but in the air, it's fine, but if it's touching the ground beyond the rope (or the rope itself) then it's four or six.

khan31

International Coach
I think that the batsmen should always jog a single unless you hold a sprint button. EG when the ball is hit to the boundary and there is only one then jog the single and if you want 2 then u must sprint. The printing could decrease stamina meaning shots aren't hit as hard and also that the next time you sprint you will be a second slower. (or maybe the first 4 or 5 sprints dont have an affect but after that sprinting becomes tiring. This way we dont always have to sprint a slow single.

manee

Chairman of Selectors
Just to clarify, is this the AI of the opposition players or the AI which runs the game, many seem to think it is the former, but I think it may be the latter.

D

Deleted member 13648

It is any part of the body which is touching the ground over the rope. If the arm is over the rope, but in the air, it's fine, but if it's touching the ground beyond the rope (or the rope itself) then it's four or six.

Bloody umpire last season gave a 4 to the other team cos I did that last season :mad:

*finds umpire's address...*

Users who are viewing this thread