TV Overlays

Hooper

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Them overlays are absolutely ridicolous! They are amazing! The graphics in the game are gonna be great (Bats, Overlays, Pitch ads etc.)

Gilly Fan

Chairman of Selectors
I'm just wondering, will we be able to change where we want the scoreboard during play? Like down the bottom (sky) or at the top left of screen(Ch9)?

legend_master

The Art of Cricket Developer
I'm just wondering, will we be able to change where we want the scoreboard during play? Like down the bottom (sky) or at the top left of screen(Ch9)?

Hadn't thought of it to be honest. Is it something a lot of people would want?

Gilly Fan

Chairman of Selectors
Hadn't thought of it to be honest. Is it something a lot of people would want?

I don't mean like during the match. Just when we choose the channel 9 scoreboard, it goes in the top left. Maybe in the options menu, you can choose the scorecard/overlay you want? Instead of having to put the different patches in each time?

legend_master

The Art of Cricket Developer
I don't mean like during the match. Just when we choose the channel 9 scoreboard, it goes in the top left. Maybe in the options menu, you can choose the scorecard/overlay you want? Instead of having to put the different patches in each time?

Ah, yeah, you will be able to choose which overlay you want...

I was thinking the overlay chosen will determine where the score graphic is located etc

morson93

Club Cricketer
Yeh Choosing The Overlay Would Be Great. Could You Do The Sky Sports Overlay And The T20 Cup Overlay.

These Look GREAT At The Moment

lazy_chesnut

International Coach
As good as these look I think they could to with a bit more coherence when it comes to design (I'm talking mainly about the custom classic one). It's all very well and good having a list of people's names, how they got out, how many runs, etc., but to make it look like a proper TV overlay it requires a bit more thought.

For example, the score and extras being along the bottom, with the rest of the overlay floating above it doesn't look as good as it could.

Also, consider using some slight gradients in colour as it gives the overlay a more solid and expensive look.

Not wanting to be too down on it. They're pretty good, and just need some refining before they are the finished article is all.

Keep it up.

DiscoStu76

School Cricketer
As good as these look I think they could to with a bit more coherence when it comes to design (I'm talking mainly about the custom classic one). It's all very well and good having a list of people's names, how they got out, how many runs, etc., but to make it look like a proper TV overlay it requires a bit more thought.

For example, the score and extras being along the bottom, with the rest of the overlay floating above it doesn't look as good as it could.

Also, consider using some slight gradients in colour as it gives the overlay a more solid and expensive look.

Not wanting to be too down on it. They're pretty good, and just need some refining before they are the finished article is all.

Keep it up.

Personally im not too concerned about this - I think concentrate on gameplay for the first release and go from there. As long as there is some sort of meaningful display of scorecard etc im happy.

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
If you want help with this I can help. I can make a C9 scorebox and Sky Sports UK Scorecards and scorebox. ;)
PM me with the details ;)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread