Wealey's Realism Gameplay Tweaks

Andrew Terry

School Cricketer
Does anyone know if there's a way to make a copy of a team, or is it just a case of altering the skills of the existing players?

Not sure how you'd put them back if you wanted to undo the reskilling? Redownload the team again? Can you reset England, Australia, NZ etc since they're on disc?
I am almost certain you can reskill any player and then share the team even the licensed ones. You could, if you have the uniforms make a custom England or Australia to share with your added reskilled players.

Andrew Terry

School Cricketer
So from what I have gathered so far we could decide on some basic fundamental principles to re-rate players, re skill them, take anecdotal and statistical evidence to give players strengths and weaknesses and then share those teams to the academy using say waste's teams? Is this correct and should we look at starting some basic sharing of two teams we can use to to test out your work before applying to all test teams? Once we have a base to work with we could then organize editing different teams one at a time or something until we had a base of 10 Test teams.

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
So from what I have gathered so far we could decide on some basic fundamental principles to re-rate players, re skill them, take anecdotal and statistical evidence to give players strengths and weaknesses and then share those teams to the academy using say waste's teams? Is this correct and should we look at starting some basic sharing of two teams we can use to to test out your work before applying to all test teams? Once we have a base to work with we could then organize editing different teams one at a time or something until we had a base of 10 Test teams.
Sounds like a good way to go about it to me, assuming @wasteyouryouth has no issue with his team's being edited?

RDB3

Club Cricketer
I created the 2020 Ind vs Aus tour. Aus (Ai) Ind (Me). I changed the power and judgement sliders to 3 and made everything else 10 (both teams) Won the toss and chose to bat after 22 overs I haven't been able to hit 1 four even with ideal timing. Sliders are set according to the spreadsheat provided pitch Hard Dry. Thinking about changing the Power to 5 and see if it works better when batting.

I changed the Throw Accuracy slider to 5. It helps the Ai not having so many direct hits but doesn't have an effect on assisted/semi assisted fielding.

Last edited:

Tooldforcricket

School Cricketer
I created the 2020 Ind vs Aus tour. Aus (Ai) Ind (Me). I changed the power and judgement sliders to 3 and made everything else 10 (both teams) Won the toss and chose to bat after 22 overs I haven't been able to hit 1 four even with ideal timing. Sliders are set according to the spreadsheat provided pitch Hard Dry. Thinking about changing the Power to 5 and see if it works better when batting.

I changed the Throw Accuracy slider to 5. It helps the Ai not having so many direct hits but doesn't have an effect on assisted/semi assisted fielding.
Where about do u do this

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
From all that I have seen and read about this game my very broad approximation of what I would do if still ‘modding’ would be :

Reskill batsmen as per this thread
Upgrade all fielding stats except throwing accuracy for all players

maybe increase bowling accuracy stat for all bowlers to see if this has any impact on bowling less down leg side

ideally BA fix these issues but in lieu of that I would be giving the above a go….

Wealey

ICC Board Member
From all that I have seen and read about this game my very broad approximation of what I would do if still ‘modding’ would be :

Reskill batsmen as per this thread
Upgrade all fielding stats except throwing accuracy for all players

maybe increase bowling accuracy stat for all bowlers to see if this has any impact on bowling less down leg side

ideally BA fix these issues but in lieu of that I would be giving the above a go….

I know for a fact the line of bowling won’t be adjusted by stats.
Post automatically merged:

Yeah I wouldn’t of done it for both teams but good to know!!

Irtileaf

Club Captain
Be
Bowled to my tweaked India in a T20 and they actually did suprisingly well... good variation in wickets.. plenty of plays and misses. Couple of sixes. Loads of 1's and 2's..

Wasnt bad... Forgot to change line up mind you!

View attachment 260857
Beautiful mate!!
Is there any chance you could upload the teams or maybe share more detailed settings and tweaks. Once you are done ofcourse.
Like exactly values. And weaknesses and strengths.
Also should be apply these changes to our team as well?

Michaelrh

School Cricketer
Happy New Year Everyone!

As most people are well aware the release of this title certainly hasnt gone to plan. However, with every game I like to make the most of it and try and recreate the most authentic realistic games as the game will allow me. BA will continue to update and I will continue to tweak send back feedback which hopefully will mean less tweaking... but since i enjoy it i thought why not crack on already!

I recently put a post on the general discussion post about how I have been reskilling teams and found that you can:

• Eliminate last ball smash
  • Eliminate AI boundary every over or every other over
  • Allow you bowl maidens
  • AI start to play and miss far more
  • More variation in wickets
  • More realist accumulation of runs from the AI
  • Generally more humanised AI with a feel of anything can happen.
  • Create weakness and genuine strengths for batsmen.
The purpose for this one was to recrete the pitch we saw in the recent South Africa v India test and allow the user to feel like the seamers are on top and it would need something special from one of the batters to get a good score.

We know spinners are powerful, but I wanted to create that sense of feeling for a seam attack.

Along with this I tweak and set up the pitches how i feel they should be for that country and the deck I want to portray.

I will write up the skills and how im going about all this but I wanted to highlight how the gameplay looks so far after 40 overs of the first test.

Groundsman says it would do a bit all game! Enjoy!

Hi mate, love you’re work, where can I find these tweaks you have done, would love to try them out

Users who are viewing this thread