West Indies in India Nov 2011/12

Was it a good move to recall Irfan in the Indian squad?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rohit Doshi

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
He will get it here back in Mumbai in front of me and his other home fans :p

Man tickets are cheap 50rs daily and 150 rs for all 5 days :p

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Winning is a habit and windies don't indulge into it. Indians have done well to chase down this total.

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Meaningless? It's not as if it isn't being recorded in the books.

swacker

Chairman of Selectors
In all honesty, perhaps the 100 100's is getting to him a bit frustration?

I find myself encouraging for him to get out these days, especially when the guy at the other end protections him/gives him the strike, Intentionally.

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Same thing happened when he closed in on his last big landmark, can't remember which one as there's been a few ha. As the pressure grew he couldn't buy a big score. Happened to Ramprakash as well, scored a 100 pretty much every week, and then as he closed in on 100 FC 100's he suddenly couldn't score the runs.

So, basically, Sachin just needs to score the 100th 100 and get on with it. No one gets to pick the opposition, you just score runs when you can score runs.

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Yup. He was stuck at 34 test hundreds for quiet some time. Do we need to arrange another home series with Sri Lanka? :p

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Rather than worrying about Sachin's century we should be happy that we did not loose this test match.

Ishant is already injured so why is he playing this series. If he is considered an asset for Australia tour and will undergo surgery after that tour, then why not play some other seamer instead in this series. It will hardly make any difference who is the fast bowler in India.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Am I the only one who don't want Sachin to score 100 100's in this meaningless series instead in Australia?

The pressure against Australia is going to be enormous. So Sachin should not be having this "100th ton" pressure in his mind when he walks out to bat against Australia. Better he finishes it off here and goes to Australia free of that tension.

Will Ashwin play at Kolkata? He is getting married on 13th and the Kolkata test is on 14th? We South Indians aren't used to skipping career assignments for wedding, so I am guessing he will take the evening flight to Kolkata and play next morning.

Last edited:

swacker

Chairman of Selectors
Rahul Sharma should come in for Ashwin then.

What is the consensus on Ashwin around here? Took 9 wickets on his debut game. He has done well in the shorter formats of the game and it seemed like there were a few doubts over his ability in tests.

He seems to have done very well so far.

Users who are viewing this thread