West Indies in Pakistan - 2021/22 - 3 T20Is and 3 ODIs

Windies chose to bat because they didn’t wanna bowl in the day's heat, but it might hurt them if there’s dew later on.

Awesome to see Mohammad Haris debut. Really aggressive and promising guy, definitely capable of fill the hole at 5.

The stadium looks so empty, and it is extra infuriating when you compare it with the turnouts this ground had in PSL 2020.

I'm CONVINCED the problem isn't 'public not caring about cricket', as was the point of scrutiny over the low turnouts in Karachi. The problem is the current PCB regime doing a piss-poor job of making the tickets accessible to the public, and an even shittier job of them promoting the series.

I honestly didn't know the series was starting today until the day before yesterday.

Even in Karachi, a city that was loathed by our 'rEsPeCtEd jOurNalIsTs' for their turnouts in recent series/PSLs, had full-capacity stadiums in PSL 2020, even in scorching heat. But that was a PCB run by an ex-county admin and an ex-ICC president, not a mediocre-at-best ex-cricketer from 30 years ago and political goons.

The stadium looks so empty, and it is extra infuriating when you compare it with the turnouts this ground had in PSL 2020.
The stadium filled up halfway through the first innings. I think it's the heat that was keeping people away, as soon as the sun went down the stadium looked pretty full

This is a great comeback by WI in ODIs. Not too long ago they were unable to last 50 overs vs Ireland. The India series has definitely brought up some discussion in the dressing room. Genuinely think it contributed to Pollard retiring.
They are batting to an obvious plan now and look very assured of their roles. When Hetmyer, Holder and possibly Russell and Evin Lewis return, the team looks genuinely strong

I'm CONVINCED the problem isn't 'public not caring about cricket', as was the point of scrutiny over the low turnouts in Karachi. The problem is the current PCB regime doing a piss-poor job of making the tickets accessible to the public, and an even shittier job of them promoting the series.

I honestly didn't know the series was starting today until the day before yesterday.

Even in Karachi, a city that was loathed by our 'rEsPeCtEd jOurNalIsTs' for their turnouts in recent series/PSLs, had full-capacity stadiums in PSL 2020, even in scorching heat. But that was a PCB run by an ex-county admin and an ex-ICC president, not a mediocre-at-best ex-cricketer from 30 years ago and political goons.
Very valid points about PCB incompetence regarding tickets, but not today. Stadium filled up as soon as the sun went down. Multan has had great crowds in every match.

This top three makes bucket loads of runs, but their approach relies on either the three of them finishing the innings off, or relying on the weak middle order to come in towards the end and start hitting, with a high RRR in the case of chases

100 in Karachi :tick:
100 in Lahore :tick:
100 in Rawalpindi :tick:
100 in Multan :tick:

Courtesy of King Babar!

Next is Peshawar...

Users who are viewing this thread