West Indies in Sri Lanka

What will be the outcome of the Test Series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rangeela

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Schedule

July 9-10 Tour Match Colombo
July 13-17 1st Test Colombo (SSC)
July 21-25 2nd Test Kandy

West Indies Squad

* Ian Bradshaw
* Dwayne Bravo
* Shiv Chanderpaul
* Sew Shivnarine
* Pedro Collins
* Corey Collymore
* Fidel Edwards
* Chris Gayle
* Wavell Hinds
* Brian Lara
* Daren Powell
* Denesh Ramdin
* Ramnaresh Sarwan
* Devon Smith
* plus 2 from A side

Nightwatchman

School Cricketer
hopefully SL will win, i really like Wst Indies, they got a lot of pomise, but i think that inexperience will show. SL have got a good batch as well. Lasith Malinga looks the part, and sangakkara is a future captain.

anakwalajinn

Club Cricketer
with lara and his form right now they would have had a MUCH bigger chance of winning, Lara is 65"% of windies batting, Chanderpaul is 30%

rahulk666

International Cricketer
Has the contract dispute been settled with WI players?? Last i heard only three players (one of them was chanderpaul) had signed the contract.

I will vote in the poll only if someone can tell me if Murali is going to play in the test matches...

rahulk666

International Cricketer
Its very tough to beat Sri Lanka in Sri Lanka. Sri Lanka has 3-4 international stadiums and they play there most of the times. So as you can expect they know the pitch conditions very well. West Indies batting will revolve around Brian Lara who is in good form but rest of the batsmen will I think struggle against Murali's spin bowling. May be Lara can draw a match for West Indies by his batting but if the Sri Lankans keep posting huge totals (which is very much possible notwithstanding WI bowling attack and SL players accustomed to pitch conditions) then even a double hundred from Lara won't be enough for WI to win. We have seen this in past series where Lara played as good as anybody in all the matches but still WI lost all the matches. If Gayle, Chanderpaul, and Sarwan play well around Lara then only WI has a chance to win the series. but this scenario looks very unlikely as most of the batsmen will find find it tough against Murali's bowling.

Just my two cents regarding the series outcome.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
I think if Lara, Chanderpaul and Gayle can play a few big innings, and Sarwan, Hinds and Bravo play around them, and Collymore and Bradshaw touch form with the ball, the West Indies could win.

jdbais

International Cricketer
rahulk666 said:
Has the contract dispute been settled with WI players?? Last i heard only three players (one of them was chanderpaul) had signed the contract.

It's very close to being settled I think.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
Like most tours of Sri Lanka, it will come down to how well the tourists can handle big spin on scraggly pitches.

Users who are viewing this thread