West Indies in Australia

kodos

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
windies havent fielded all that badly. Yes a few misfields and overthrows but there were 3 cracking catches taken by chanderpaul, bravo and smith. The hussey one was quite difficult to pick at first sight but i reckon if warne appealed for that he would of got the wicket because his more aggressive appealing, perhaps sarwan could of been more aggressive in his appeals.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
I think especially Australia's first innings there were a lot of chances where they could have been runouts and catches.

Hussey hits a four. Hayden ends on 87no and Hussey on 30no

West Indies 405 & 204
Australia 428 & 182/3 (58.0 ov)

Australia won by 7 wickets

And I feel Hayden should be the Man of the Series. Hussey could be Man of the Match with two not outs and 163 runs.

Last edited:

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
kodos said:
windies havent fielded all that badly. Yes a few misfields and overthrows but there were 3 cracking catches taken by chanderpaul, bravo and smith. The hussey one was quite difficult to pick at first sight but i reckon if warne appealed for that he would of got the wicket because his more aggressive appealing, perhaps sarwan could of been more aggressive in his appeals.

Possibly, although the umpire shouldn't be convinced by the appeal. If its out and their is a inquiry then the umpire should give it out no matter how confident/loud the appeal is.

ravigoteti

Club Cricketer
I am sure it will be BC Lara who will walk away with the MoM award. It was a good performance by the WI but just not good enough for a win.
They failed to do two things
a) bowl Aus out for a lesser score in the first innings
b) put more runs on the board in their second innings.

I think they need a better captain, Chanderpaul is just too slow in his batting, i don't see any positiveness. It might work for him but certainly not for the team.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
How could I forget Lara. :eek: But also Bravo had a great match. Most of the time they give it to the winning side. This time I hope not.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Man of the Match for the 3rd test is - Lara
Player of the Series - Hayden

And the ACB head guy said Aus won 3-1 :laugh

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Where is he with his head? I've got no problem with these nominations. But this series has been a great find of Hussey, who played really good.

irottev

School Cricketer
aussie1st said:
Man of the Match for the 3rd test is - Lara
Player of the Series - Hayden

And the ACB head guy said Aus won 3-1 :laugh

I think he also credited Hayden with the 99 in the first innings.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Hussey is going to be awesome in the future. He really makes our middle order stable now. Hodge is also the same, our team is stronger than it was when we lost the Ashes.

irottev said:
I think he also credited Hayden with the 99 in the first innings.

lol yea he stuffed up the stats majorly. How embarrassing. :o

irottev

School Cricketer
Hussey really does look like a good player. Hodge...well. Mabee in the future. He kind of threw his wicket away going for that drive.

jdbais

International Cricketer
aussie1st said:
lol yea he stuffed up the stats majorly. How embarrassing. :o

He was really nervous in that speech. He reminded of myself when I have to do speeches.

Sad day with Lara's last test match in Australia. Richie summed him up perfectly in one word. Entertainment. He might get another series against Australia though in 2007.

Last edited:

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
irottev said:
Hussey really does look like a good player. Hodge...well. Mabee in the future. He kind of threw his wicket away going for that drive.

Well I can't see Hussey or Hodge throwing their wickets away in the future. They have waited over 10 years to get their debut, I don't think they would want to throw 10 years of hard work away now. They will have lots of hunger to play well.

jdbais said:
He was really nervous in that speech. He reminded of myself when I have to do speeches.

Sad day with Lara's last test match in Australia. Richie summed him up perfectly in one word. Entertainment. He might get another series against Australia though in 2007.

Quite werid though, he is the head of CA. Hes not a high school student doing speeches. Really werid sums that up.

Was really sad seeing Lara go, it finally hit after the presentations that Lara won't be back here.

kodos

International Coach
Wasn't the guy who said the wrong statistics the marketing director for 3 mobile? The head of CA was the old man who barely even spoke alot.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Head of CA is this guy

00014340-image.jpg

I think you are right, he doesn't look like him. Apologies to James Sutherland on my own little blunder. :o It probably was the 3 mobile guy as he wouldn't know much about the game.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Lara to play in PM's match

WINDIES great Brian Lara has been confirmed to play against the Prime Minister's XI in Canberra tomorrow in what's likely to be his last match on Australian soil.

The 36-year-old Test runs record holder will turn out in the West Indies tour finale, a one-day match at Manuka Oval against a young PM's team captained by Australian team opener Justin Langer.

http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,17425886-23212,00.html

Lara's last game on Australian soil. This match should be a good one, the PM 11 have lots of young guys in it.

Users who are viewing this thread