West Indies in Australia

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Hayden hits his 50. Good knock.
Hodge goes for the booking cover drive but out. Didn't look to comfortable this inns. Lets see what Hussey can do.

BTW those watching the game, what do you make of the Windies making all this noise. The umpires aren't too happy with it but its quite noisy. Good to see imo, it shows they are still interested.

kodos

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
i see no problem with the windies jeeing up and find it quite amusing. I must say why is tony greig all so frustrated. He keeps saying they should stop jeeing up and frustrates the aussie batsmens. I mean hayden and hussey aren't complaining to the umps so there should be no problem. Also the aussie bowlers and fieldsers do it a fair amount and the umpires take no action. Also interesting is that it was Bowden who took action. This is a further indication the Billy is pro Aussie because Dar doesn't seem to fussed.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Well as long as they are quiet when the bowler is bowling there is no problem.
Bowden of course isn't going to want the noise when the bowler is bowling. He has enough problems making right decisions when its quiet.

pal

International Coach
They haven't given Bravo a single over in this innings and he was the most threatening in the first innings.

kodos

International Coach
bravo is injured and is the reason why tino best is on the field. A real shame i feel.

pal

International Coach
Ah, that sucks. He could have made it interesting.

irottev

School Cricketer
I feel sorry for the WI. They don't deserve to lose. Theres been at least 3 umpiring decisions which were shocking which went against them. Along with catches falling short and balls being played back near the stumps.

Oh well. They put up a good fight.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Hussey would have got us home. He is that good, the main problem would be his partner. Symonds not going well, Gilly the same, Warne and Lee hit and miss but showed in the Ashes they can bat under pressure. MacGill, McGrath extremely hit and miss.

irottev

School Cricketer
Well Hussey was lucky to survive just then. because Hussey just got some glove on that. :/

kodos

International Coach
Another one which went against the windies. I guess it doesn't matter because Aus will win anyways, but the ball hit Hussey's pad then flicked his gloves.

irottev

School Cricketer
I have never seen soo many bad decisions in 1 test match in my life. THat last one was forgivable though. It was extremly hard to notice and the appeal wasn't very convincing.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
That was a hard one to pick for the umpire. That wasn't as clear cut as the other ones. But if Hayden got out, Ponting may have taken over, Hodge played better, the Windies on their way to victory. There is so many ways it could go. But the umpires stopped this path before it began.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Personally I would say bad fielding has cost West Indies this match. Another miss by Powell now. But another bad thing. Hayden is 18 runs short of his century and 16 runs needed. I hope Hussey only defends when he receives balls to let Hayden get his century, since the match is practically almost over.

Four minutes later and Hayden can forget his century. He is 16 runs short and only 9 runs needed.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread