India tour of New Zealand - March 2009

Your prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mrtwisties

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
And that's that. Match over. Maybe someone should do the maths comparing chances of victory when you declare with leads of 400, 500, 600 and send Dhoni an email?

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I guess Dhoni is just continuing the trend here. Dravid led us against ENgland in England for a 1-0 where we could have won the last test. Kumble led us against Pakistan and we had them at 140-6 on a 5th day minefield but we dominated to win 1-0. In India, Dhoni led us to win against England but then settled for a draw in the second match. And some Indian cricket fans, they call themselves, believe India have DOMINATED cricket for the past year or so. Some odis against crap teams like England and lanka doesnt mean dominate in Cricket as a whole. We got our ass handed to us in Lanka where we lose 2-1. Could have been 3-0 if it wasnt for Sehwag.

INDIA WILL ALWAYS FIRST TRY TO SECURE THE SERIES AND THEN WILL ACCEPT THE WIN IF IT COMES TO THEM! If this is called "cowardly", so be it. I would be delighted with the series win thats coming after 41 or 42 odd years.

And yes, India have played cricket in the past few seasons that a world champion side normally plays. I am not sure if you have crossed the fence in trying to be neutral, Mr. TruSachFan, but the fact is that India have played excellent cricket and right now deserve the tag of being called the "current best team in the world". People said NZ will be a litmus test for Dhoni. Bring on a better side, we will tackle it. Until then, people ought to SHUT UP and give credit to this team when its due.

TruSachFan

Club Cricketer
And that's that. Match over. Maybe someone should do the maths comparing chances of victory when you declare with leads of 400, 500, 600 and send Dhoni an email?

I think some Indian fans will send him postcards on dominating a 8th ranked team.:mad::mad::mad:

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK

Had NZ won after chasing 500 odd, Dhoni would have been crucified (all these 'good for nothing' former cricketers who try to remain in the limelight will come and criticise him for declaring so soon when he knew that the pitch was so flat and got easy for batting).

saisrini80 added 2 Minutes and 38 Seconds later...

I think some Indian fans will send him postcards on dominating a 8th ranked team.:mad::mad::mad:

Before the series when people said NZ is going to be a huge test for Dhoni who is yet to prove his calibre outside the subcontinent, NZ were the same 8th (or something close to that) rank in the world in the eyes of the ICC rankings. Now that he has passed the test with flying colors, people bring the rankings of NZ up and also say that he should declare early, and all those bull crap. Guess Dhoni has to go through all this as destiny for being India's captain. An Indian captain will NEVER EVER BE SPARED OF THE CRITICISM, EVEN IN SUCCESS!

WORLD CHAMPIONS

PC Battrick Cup Champion S17
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
You too put your Helmet on, Sehwag don't need to be that Green colored devil he himself with his Bat and power can hit a face (you in hitlist:p) :boxing

Before that Johnson will come for my aid and break his mouth with this new tearing theory ;)

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
We were outplayed in games 1 and 3. We did dominate the second test though. 1-0 i'm thrilled with overall (presuming there's no play now). With India's side I expected worse!

Its not dominating the entire test.. You did it for 3 days but failed to do so for next 2 days.. which in contrast, India dominated fully in first test and third test.

Anyways, India winning a test series in NZ for the first time after some 30 years right? ( i am not sure about the number of years but it is indeed a long gap ) :)

Well done, India... Sachin, you legendary player.. Most likely to be a last series in NZ! Those two wickets which he had this innings was like a treat to watch though one dismissal was a controversial one :)

I never expected India to win in NZ soil.. that too both ODI and Tests in dominating style. I would like to see if they can cope up the same spirit when this team goes to SA(if any).. If they have success in SA soil, I am sure, its not too far for us from grabbing that no 1 position soon. :)

For Kiwis, McCullum and Taylor were lone warriors with support from Vettori as well. And Franklin was too much under-used. That guy is having lots of talents ..He is better allrounder option than Mitchell Johnson.. :p While batting, he has a good temparament and while bowling he can swing it beautifully as well. If he developes some consistency, definitely he is in due to become a quality all-rounder for which, he has to be utilized more by his captain!

For some neutral(not Kiwis nor Indian team supportingspectators) members, SOUR GRAPES! When India won Kiwis, they came and moaned (even in my msn) that India won Kiwis in flat pitch.. What is the use.. And when India won Kiwis in Tests, now they call it as 8th test ranked team :rolleyes: From some bee-hive these people burry their head to search for a blame reason and put it low over a precious moment. Very sick! Instead learn to enjoy the game rather than digging the holes to find a reason how you can put it down... Just a waste of time in Life.. SOUR GRAPES! :cool:

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
For some neutral(not Kiwis nor Indian team supportingspectators) members, SOUR GRAPES! When India won Kiwis, they came and moaned (even in my msn) that India won Kiwis in flat pitch.. What is the use.. And when India won Kiwis in Tests, now they call it as 8th test ranked team :rolleyes: From some bee-hive these people burry their head to search for a blame reason and put it low over a precious moment. Very sick! Instead learn to enjoy the game rather than digging the holes to find a reason how you can put it down... Just a waste of time in Life.. SOUR GRAPES! :cool:

Well done Surendar.... Wrote it perfectly.

Hope you are not pessimistic of India anymore....:p

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Its not dominating the entire test.. You did it for 3 days but failed to do so for next 2 days.. which in contrast, India dominated fully in first test and third test.

Anyways, India winning a test series in NZ for the first time after some 30 years right? ( i am not sure about the number of years but it is indeed a long gap ) :)

Well done, India... Sachin, you legendary player.. Most likely to be a last series in NZ! Those two wickets which he had this innings was like a treat to watch though one dismissal was a controversial one :)

I never expected India to win in NZ soil.. that too both ODI and Tests in dominating style. I would like to see if they can cope up the same spirit when this team goes to SA(if any).. If they have success in SA soil, I am sure, its not too far for us from grabbing that no 1 position soon. :)

For Kiwis, McCullum and Taylor were lone warriors with support from Vettori as well. And Franklin was too much under-used. That guy is having lots of talents ..He is better allrounder option than Mitchell Johnson.. :p While batting, he has a good temparament and while bowling he can swing it beautifully as well. If he developes some consistency, definitely he is in due to become a quality all-rounder for which, he has to be utilized more by his captain!

Ryder didn't do to badly did he?

mrtwisties

Club Cricketer
Wow, you really think this was an impressive achievement. New Zealand have won just 18.80% of the test matches they've played. The only team ranked below New Zealand has never won a test match. In their last 9 test series, Bangladesh is the only team that New Zealand has beaten (and even then, they drew one match and scraped in by 3 wickets in the other).

India are a great team, but you demean them by claiming this as a great victory.

mrtwisties added 2 Minutes and 8 Seconds later...

Surely you jest. His English is so tortured I can't understand anything more than the overall gist of what he's trying to say.

KBC

Panel of Selectors
Brilliant match. But what's with these people now? The time the match is declared as a draw, people are bragging on Dhoni's captaincy and decision of late declaring. They love finding reasons, don't they?

1. India nearly won the match and would've gone on to win the match if rain didn't interrupt.

2. Who thought it would rain on the 5th day when india were still batting in the second innings? Rain seemed to be a mild prediction then.

3. Dhoni did the right thing to set the target a little more than a satisfactory total, just to ensure there weren't anymore doubts in the indian team of losing the match as It isn't always good thinking the opposition will not be able to get the target.

4. The difference was 335 at the end of the match with New zealand having 2 wickets in hand and It won't be appropriate to complain that India put New zealand to bat very lately.

Those are my points. The swords weren't blunt, dhoni and india did everything what they were supposed to do. But when the nature wishes, you can't do much.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One

Hope you are not pessimistic of India anymore....:p

haha, definitely not .. Now I have lots and lots of confidence on Dhoni and his team. :)

Ryder didn't do to badly did he?

Oh ya, Ryder did well too. But the way he was dismissed in this innings, "cracking a joke in first ball, then loosing his concentration and getting out" is definitely not a good sign in a test match. You need Dravid'sh patience in a test ;) :p Was just kidding, Ryder had a good run in this series. :)

Anyways, Why McCullum was always coming so down? May be there should be a tweak in Kiwis batting order?

Wow, you really think this was an impressive achievement. New Zealand have won just 18.80% of the test matches they've played. The only team ranked below New Zealand has never won a test match. In their last 9 test series, Bangladesh is the only team that New Zealand has beaten (and even then, they drew one match and scraped in by 3 wickets in the other).

India are a great team, but you demean them by claiming this as a great victory.

Yes, we do call it a great victory, precious victory! What is your problem? We don't underestimate any opponent and we don't have the habbit of coming and saying in public from arrogance, " what are low profile teams doing here? " ( Incase you didn't remember, it was statement made by heartless arrogant Ponting on Bangladesh before 2007 WC ).

We just mind our bloody business and carry on with our work and treat every opponent very carefully!

Surely you jest. His English is so tortured I can't understand anything more than the overall gist of what he's trying to say.

Sorry, Mr.Shakespeare! :cool:

KBC

Panel of Selectors
The ranking always matters? I don't think so. Rankings don't mean players are restricted to a level of skills. It's the performance of the players that matters that give the ranking. Some times they perform much badder than what their ranking suggests and some times much higher. So, you can't take the ranking and point out that India beat a weak team. It's just another Unreal reason to claim India aren't strong.

mrtwisties

Club Cricketer
Well, I think you're both demeaning the Indian team. They're very good, at the peak of their powers, and they could and should have done better than they did against this second-rate opponent. I'd say the same thing of most of the opponents they've faced in the last 12 months. One day there'll be a book about this team called "Wasted Potential".

As an aside, what's with this rhetorical device you keep using:
* Someone said X before
* Now someone else is saying Y
* They must be in league, plotting against the Indian team

Just how paranoid are you?

Users who are viewing this thread