Review Demo impressions thread

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Really isn't so much of a problem gas; the bounce has certainly improved since 07. Well, on hard mode anyway.

Brad posted a pitch mat, with all deliveries very full but still going over the stumps, you have not noticed this?

Maybe its because he was playing on easy, still i'd sleep better if you can still get lbw's/and or bowled's off of a length etc.

kamy100

Associate Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
When we went for the playtest we were told that the demo build had been ready for 2 weeks, so it is probably older than the build we played at the playtest.

Sheheryar

School Cricketer
563.42 MB but i dont know how much time it will take to download... its only 11% complete so far :(

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Brad posted a pitch mat, with all deliveries very full but still going over the stumps, you have not noticed this?

Maybe its because he was playing on easy, still i'd sleep better if you can still get lbw's/and or bowled's off of a length etc.

Meh, I skip all the pitch maps and stuff. It looks fine in real time and i've managed to bowl Simon Katich off a length already.

exprezzo

Club Cricketer
So I bowled him a trademark Broad short delivery and Hughes gloved it to short leg! Unbelievable. For once in a cricket game I genuinely felt that I had outsmarted a batsmen with clever field placings and bowling rather than the usual clean bowleds and caught behinds. I loved it. Absolutely loved it.
T

Can you please try and repeat this and check if every time the batsman makes the same mistake? This is quite interesting ! I have to wait for the PS3 demo(or mebbe the final product) to check this myself.

jazz

Panel of Selectors
Meh, I skip all the pitch maps and stuff. It looks fine in real time and i've managed to bowl Simon Katich off a length already.

Have you managed to get a lbw off a good length with ball not going over the top of the stumps?

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Well i've had a short leg in to Hughes every time and he hasn't done it since. It'd be a bit of a gamekiller if it happened every time though.

evertonfan added 1 Minutes and 38 Seconds later...

Have you managed to get a lbw off a good length with ball not going over the top of the stumps?

Nope, the only lbw appeals i've had have been turned down for the ball pitching outside rather than height though. Trust me, it is possible for the ball not to go over the stumps.

Gilly Fan

Chairman of Selectors
Matt, are the actions still the crappy looking ones from the older BLIC games?

Would this be the best cricket game you've ever played or are the EA games better (I assume you think it is because you said it is probably better than SW99)?

Last edited:

adit142

Club Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
hi

does anyone know when pc demo will be out

Users who are viewing this thread